• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop the Marvin Trade Posts

Rexhawk

Marvin will not be traded as long as Mike Gearon Jr. is a owner of the team. Mike Jr and Dominique or obsessed with Marvin's talent. Go to any old ajc podcasts and articles and listen to them talk about Marvin. He will be a keeper under the current ownership.

Maybe ...

but only if you stop posting things like:

1.Trade Smoove for Dally w/o realizing the BYC rules.

2. Just use the Joshes money to go after B. Davis or Brand.....which we can't do with $3 mill under the cap.

(Those 2 were just from the last hour.)

The owners and Nique are just PR guys...you take that into account.

In my world, a Marvin trade under Sund seems 10X more likely then a Marvin trade under BK.

If I were to guess, I would say Marv will be looking at more than the MLE but less than $10M a season next year assuming he doesn't get an extension before then. If he gets more than that, we should all be happy because it means he REALLY blew up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin will not be traded as long as Mike Gearon Jr. is a owner of the team. Mike Jr and Dominique or obsessed with Marvin's talent. Go to any old ajc podcasts and articles and listen to them talk about Marvin. He will be a keeper under the current ownership.

Are you sure that Gearon wasn't drinking the BK Juice? BK's gone son. Now, it's about what can you do and not about potential. Potential has had 3 years with starters minutes and potential haven't done much. With us being stared at by Philly and them calling our owners bitc-... Then I think it's time that we start to think of ways to cut salary and improve the product.

Quote:

Quote:

Are you sure that Gearon wasn't drinking the BK Juice? BK's gone son. Now, it's about what can you do and not about potential. Potential has had 3 years with starters minutes and potential haven't done much. With us being stared at by Philly and them calling our owners bitc-... Then I think it's time that we start to think of ways to cut salary and improve the product.

Trading Marvin wouldn't necessarily do that, either. We'd be crazy to give up on Marvin when he has made progression year in, year out. He's an underrated defender, and someone I believe can be a 2nd or 3rd option on offense. Unless we are getting something else of value, why trade him ?

Whoa, the WHOLE goal of a trade is to get back something of value EazyRoc...what a revolutionary idea! I dont believe Marvin is about to be re-signed next year based on what he has shown us, we need a SF who can stretch the floor, so let's go out and find someone who will indeed give us an upgrade at that position. SF is one of the easiest positions to fill--it is Sund's job to find the right one for our team.

Quote:

Whoa, the WHOLE goal of a trade is to get back something of value EazyRoc...what a revolutionary idea! I dont believe Marvin is about to be re-signed next year based on what he has shown us, we need a SF who can stretch the floor, so let's go out and find someone who will indeed give us an upgrade at that position. SF is one of the easiest positions to fill--it is Sund's job to find the right one for our team.

Hey smartass, most of these trades I've seen have trading Marvin for trash. Marvin may not be resigned, but he doesn't cost a lot and is a big part of our team. There has been very few trade proposals that actually upgrade our team, forget the position. I think even if we were to trade Marvin and Bibby, who has been included in a lot of Marvin trades, then it would be better to wait until January or closer to the trade deadline. I definitely think Marvin and Bibby will play better next year, and increase their value. Trading for some 30 year old spot up shooter or another career role player won't do much to improve our team from last year, so why change things for the sake of changing things ?

Haha, regardless of any ire you have for my post, what you said in that context, which I referenced, was at best a poor choice of words. I will leave it at that.

I too think Marvin will improve next year, but I doubt it will be enough to want to throw close to 10 million or so at him. Marvin brings a lot of good to the table, but if he doesnt extend his range, or make up for his lack of range by doing other things much better (such as rebounding, steals, defense), then he needs to go for a clear upgrade.

Quote:

Haha, regardless of any ire you have for my post, what you said in that context, which I referenced, was at best a poor choice of words. I will leave it at that.

I too think Marvin will improve next year, but I doubt it will be enough to want to throw close to 10 million or so at him. Marvin brings a lot of good to the table, but if he doesnt extend his range, or make up for his lack of range by doing other things much better (such as rebounding, steals, defense), then he needs to go for a clear upgrade.

Whatever Professor Truth.

The point is not whether or not we will resign him, but we might be able to get back more for Marvin Williams next year, than we will now. There's no doubt in my mind Marvin Williams will continue to improve his game, and therefore have more trade value next year.

Quote:

Saying that will just egg them on.

Quote:

Quote:

The point is not whether or not we will resign him, but we might be able to get back more for Marvin Williams next year, than we will now. There's no doubt in my mind Marvin Williams will continue to improve his game, and therefore have more trade value next year.

Professor Truth, now that has a nice ring to it...In fact, I kinda like it.

Jesting aside, I basically agree with you on several points. With the $$$ that will likely be tied up in Smoove and/or Chillz/filler for bench, there will be some tough decisions to make as Joe and others become eligible for extensions and their money. This summer will surely make for a pivotal and franchise-shaping offseason. Let's hope that Marvin asserts himself enough to either make him our clear choice as the future of the SF, or force us to get great value in return for him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Professor Truth, now that has a nice ring to it...In fact, I kinda like it.

Jesting aside, I basically agree with you on several points. With the $$$ that will likely be tied up in Smoove and/or Chillz/filler for bench, there will be some tough decisions to make as Joe and others become eligible for extensions and their money. This summer will surely make for a pivotal and franchise-shaping offseason. Let's hope that Marvin asserts himself enough to either make him our clear choice as the future of the SF, or force us to get great value in return for him.

Professor Truth it is, then.

Hopefully we will be a strong enough team to where the ASG will not hesitate to invest more into the club (going over the luxury tax) and Joe won't want to go anywhere else.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Let's be honest here EazyRoc... Honest...

Based on what you just said, I have this question.

Do you think Marvin has more value now than when he was first drafted?

Quote:

Quote:

Of course not. That has little to do with anything, though. The point is, Marvin Williams will be better next year and therefore we could either resign him or trade him for more than what we would get for him right now. I'm starting to feel like a broken record..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Of course not. That has little to do with anything, though. The point is, Marvin Williams will be better next year and therefore we could either resign him or trade him for more than what we would get for him right now. I'm starting to feel like a broken record..

More honesty time EazyRoc...

No need for more answer, I will just spew truth.

Marvin was picked based on his potential. He was potentially supposed to be one of the best Sfs to play the game. Potentially, he was "James Worthy with a sweet Jumpshot". Well, three years have passed.. and call it his none agressiveness or whatever but he hasn't lived up to his potential. You and I just agreed that he had more value when it was all about him being potential than he has NOW...

Therefore, the ship is sinking. People are seeing that Marvin is just an overhyped midrange shooter. That's all he does is hit open midrange shots and he really doesn't make big plays or carries a team. Recently, My old buddy exoudus when asked when was the last time (aside from the Seattle game) did Marvin "step up" he mentioned 2 games... One that we lost and the other where he was tied for 3rd scorer. Do you think the league scouts are not in tuned to Marvin and his failures? The best that we can do is try to capitalize on those teams that still have hope that he may turn out to be another late bloomer and would be willing to give us a good player that we could use in place of Marvin. Otherwise on next year, we're liable to be in a position where we just let Marvin go for nothing just because it will be too hard for us to give him the MLE or worse some team will give him more than the MLE on an offer sheet. Don't let Marvin become our next Alan Henderson.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin was picked based on his potential. He was potentially supposed to be one of the best Sfs to play the game. Potentially, he was "James Worthy with a sweet Jumpshot". Well, three years have passed.. and call it his none agressiveness or whatever but he hasn't lived up to his potential. You and I just agreed that he had more value when it was all about him being potential than he has NOW...

Therefore, the ship is sinking. People are seeing that Marvin is just an overhyped midrange shooter. That's all he does is hit open midrange shots and he really doesn't make big plays or carries a team. Recently, My old buddy exoudus when asked when was the last time (aside from the Seattle game) did Marvin "step up" he mentioned 2 games... One that we lost and the other where he was tied for 3rd scorer. Do you think the league scouts are not in tuned to Marvin and his failures? The best that we can do is try to capitalize on those teams that still have hope that he may turn out to be another late bloomer and would be willing to give us a good player that we could use in place of Marvin. Otherwise on next year, we're liable to be in a position where we just let Marvin go for nothing just because it will be too hard for us to give him the MLE or worse some team will give him more than the MLE on an offer sheet. Don't let Marvin become our next Alan Henderson.

Marvin stepped up for us in the playoffs (game 6 I believe) and was our leading scoring, and the main reason we won the game. I do not think Marvin Williams will be the superstar player scouts predicted he would be. I still think Marvin Williams could be good enough to be a borderline All-Star (although that doesn't mean he'll ever make an All Star team) and I definitely think his game will improve next year. Answer a question honestly for me, Do you think Marvin Williams will be better next year than he was last year ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin stepped up for us in the playoffs (game 6 I believe) and was our leading scoring, and the main reason we won the game. I do not think Marvin Williams will be the superstar player scouts predicted he would be. I still think Marvin Williams could be good enough to be a borderline All-Star (although that doesn't mean he'll ever make an All Star team) and I definitely think his game will improve next year. Answer a question honestly for me, Do you think Marvin Williams will be better next year than he was last year ?

We had 6 players in double figures and Zaza scored 9 in that game. Marvin was top scorer by happenstance.

Quote:

In his best game of the series, Williams went 6-of-9 from the field and made all six of his free throws.

Atlanta got double figures from every starter. Besides Williams' 18, Bibby had 17, Horford 16, Johnson 15, and Smith -- who played less than 30 minutes because of foul trouble -- finished with 11. Off the bench, Childress had 15 points and six rebounds, while Pachulia contributed nine points and six rebounds.

That's real worthy like.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We had 6 players in double figures and Zaza scored 9 in that game. Marvin was top scorer by happenstance.

Quote:

In his best game of the series, Williams went 6-of-9 from the field and made all six of his free throws.

Atlanta got double figures from every starter. Besides Williams' 18, Bibby had 17, Horford 16, Johnson 15, and Smith -- who played less than 30 minutes because of foul trouble -- finished with 11. Off the bench, Childress had 15 points and six rebounds, while Pachulia contributed nine points and six rebounds.

That's real worthy like.

You didn't answer my question.

Also, Marvin Williams was the top scorer because he stepped up when our team needed him to step up. For you to say it's "happenstance" is completely unreasonable, and unfair to Marvin Williams. Also, I've already acknowledged that he won't be a Hall of Fame or even a superstar player, so why keep trying to compare him to Worthy ?