• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

L.A. Times: Brand agrees to Philly's deal.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

L.A. Times

Quote:

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

Welp. Here come the Clippers for Josh Smith...

Quote:

L.A. Times

Quote:

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

If this is true this is great news. I can't see Smith being very eager to join the Clippers.

Quote:

L.A. Times

Quote:

Thanks H, they can't offer as much as the Sixers though can they?

Quote:

L.A. Times

Quote:

Kaman or Thornton and Draft Picks

• Premium Member

Quote:

They didn't renounce Maggette, did they?

Yep, but they have the cap space to still offer him more than San Antonio.

It's certainly an option for them. But, they now have a HUGE hole at PF.

They have to officially renounce their rights to Brand in order to sign Baron.

The most I read they could offer Brand, after renouncing his rights, was 5 years $70 mill (can no longer offer a 6th year after renouncing his rights and can no longer go over the cap to sign him.) 5 year $70 mill I presume the same would hold true for Smoove. I think the ASG can match that.

What a slap in the face to the Warriors, Mullin, and Nelli ! You get black balled by B Diddy and the Clipps and then get turned down by Brand even though you offered him $10 mill more then the 76ers and $20 mill more then the Clipps. I guess people are not dieing to play for Nellie after all or maybe Brand is just smart and knows Nelli would not use him right in his system. Either way its still a BIG slap in the face.

I can't wait until morning to find out if this is legit.

Quote:

I would think the Clippers would be more inclined to bring Maggette back rather than chase any restricted FA.

(They didn't renounce Maggette, did they?)

Spurs offered him the MLE. If its not ALL about the money, I would take it if I were him. They probably want to bring thornton along too(if they keep him).

Quote:

They have to officially renounce their rights to Brand in order to sign Baron.

Isn't it a timing issue? Since tomorrow is the first day to actually submit any contracts, why not just let Brand walk first and then sign Baron? That way, Brand is walking away from the Clips as opposed to the other way (renouncing).

The Clippers, sources said, expected to respond to the departures of Brand and Maggette by making a hard run at Atlanta Hawks restricted free agent Josh Smith, who was Philadelphia's No. 2 target behind Brand. If the Clippers elect to sign Smith to an offer sheet, Atlanta would have seven days to match.

• Moderators

This is good news because Philly is definitely the team that is most interested in Smoove. That doesn't mean LA or GS won't pony up for him, but Philly would have for sure so this is good news in my book.