• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After the Joshes Hawks have New TARGETS

wolvetigers

Thank you Philly for taking Elton Brand, now we have to fight with the Clippers whom the Hawks better beat to keep the Joshes.

There are a few Targets the Hawks will pursue as Free Agents

Centers

1) Kwame Brown (1st priority)

2) Randolph Morris

3) Patrick OBryant

Defenders

1) Mario West (will resign)

Shooters

1) Michael Finley (Will be tough to pry him away from Spurs)

2) Gordan Giricek

3) Carlos Delfino

PG

1) Shaun Livingston (insurance once Bibby leaves, plus he will come cheap and provide some match up problems)

Quote:

Thank you Philly for taking Elton Brand, now we have to fight with the Clippers whom the Hawks better beat to keep the Joshes.

Centers

2) Randolph Morris

3) Patrick OBryant

Defenders

Shooters

2) Gordan Giricek

3) Carlos Delfino

PG

1)
Shaun Livingston
(insurance once Bibby leaves, plus he will come cheap and provide some match up problems)

I'd say theres a 5% chance he actually plays this year.

• Premium Member

I agree. There has to be a reason why LA gave up on him when they could have easily signed him for next to nothing. You may have to put him along with Jay Williams and Livingston as a guy with talent but who is now damaged goods. Too bad, he was actually a true PG with GREAT size. I hate to see anyone not get the chance to compete due to injury.

I remember that BK tried hard to get that pick from the Clippers and was offering our two 1st round picks. We got really lucky there that's for sure.

Of course we could have gotten luckier if the Magic would have taken our 1sts and Jason Terry for Dwight Howard that year like BK tried to do.

• Premium Member

Too bad BK couldn't pull enough good deals off to offset some his questionable deals and draft choices. That Livingston trade would've killed this team. Orlando would've had to be the dumbest franchise ever to trade the #1 pick(Howard). BK did manage to sign Speedy Claxton to a multi-year deal despite his injury history, so I guess he kinda made up for not making the Livingston deal, Lol. Ahhh, the good ole days! BTW, I keep reading that we need another backup big. Maybe Shelden will be available again pretty soon. Gotta thank BK for that one too.

Which questionable deals are you referring to? BK is among the best GMs in the league when it comes to making trades. He certainly has an average grade with the draft but at least outside of Shelden he has picked guys that will have long careers and a couple of guys that might end up being perennial all-stars.

• Premium Member

That's kind of a matter of opinion. I feel that BK was given the resources to build a much better team than what we have right now. The guys he's picked should all have good NBA careers. That's an expectation. Most of them were picked in the lottery anyway. I just feel that we prolonged the rebuilding process by not drafting the right guys and trading for guys who haven't really contributed much to the team or giving away too much to get a player BK wanted. There were also issues with him telegraphing his draft picks at times. I understand that his hands may have been tied by the ASG, but he indicated that he had the freedom to do whatever he wanted to, so I have to take him at his word. With that said, I like everyone on this team and want to see this team in its entirety at the start of next season, so I have to give him credit for that. But I still feel that there were some things that could've been done differently. There's no need for me to name names or point out specifics because those topics have already been beaten to death around here.

I won't dispute that we could have made better draft decisions but he could have made a lot poorer draft decisions as well.

[*]I think that his trades for JJ and Bibby were excellent deals.

[*]Trading Jon Barry for Lue was a great deal.

[*]Getting Harrington for Jax was a very good deal.

[*]Getting a 1st round pick for Harrington (which I think ended up being Acie) was great considering Al was an UFA.

[*]Getting a 1st round pick for Sheed (which turned out to be Smoove) was great.

[*]He might have been able to get more for JT but Walker was a nice player for us.

Those are the deals I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote:

Quote:

Centers

2) Randolph Morris

3) Patrick OBryant

Defenders

Shooters

2) Gordan Giricek

3) Carlos Delfino

PG

1)
Shaun Livingston
(insurance once Bibby leaves, plus he will come cheap and provide some match up problems)

I'd say theres a 5% chance he actually plays this year.

I would say less than five percent.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I won't dispute that we could have made better draft decisions but he could have made a lot poorer draft decisions as well.

He picked the WORST of the THREE remotely considered players THREE YEARS IN A ROW. He couldn't have picked a WORSE player unless he picked somebody NOBODY considered. Frankly, I'm not sure another GM in the top 10 would have drafted SW so he may not be among even the "remotely considered".

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

He picked the WORST of the THREE remotely considered players THREE YEARS IN A ROW. He couldn't have picked a WORSE player unless he picked somebody NOBODY considered. Frankly, I'm not sure another GM in the top 10 would have drafted SW so he may not be among even the "remotely considered". Simply, you couldn't have picked worse than BK unless you picked blind (still might have picked better) or outside the 3 remotely considered (Still might have picked better (i.e. Rudy Gay).

W

BK could have made poorer picks EACH YEAR. The fact is that he DID NOT make the worst possible picks as you claim he did. Look at the guys who were picked closely to the picks that BK did make.

In 2003 he could have gone with Zoran Planinic, Travis Outlaw, Brian Cook, Carlos Delfino, etc instead of Diaw who could have been the key to getting Joe Johnson.

In 2004 he could have gone with Araujo, Jackson, Swift, Telfair instead of Childress or he could have gone with JR Smith or Jameer Nelson instead of Josh Smith.

In 2005 he could have made the trade that MANY here wanted and ended up with a gimp Sean May and a PG who is already being replaced in Felton instead of taking Marvin who has gotten better every year. Or he could have drafted Channing Frye, Martell Webster, Charlie Villenueva, etc who are nowhere near the players that Marvin is.

In 2006 he could have drafted your boys O'Bryant, Sene, Reddick, etc. and been MUCH WORSE off.

In 2007 it sure seems like he made the best pick of anyone getting Horford when the major pressure was on to take Conley who may turn out to be a great PG or he could turn out to be the next bust of PG prospects.

Quote:

BK could have made poorer picks EACH YEAR. The fact is that he DID NOT make the worst possible picks as you claim he did. Look at the guys who were picked closely to the picks that BK did make.

In 2003 he could have gone with Zoran Planinic, Travis Outlaw, Brian Cook, Carlos Delfino, etc instead of Diaw who could have been the key to getting Joe Johnson.

In 2004 he could have gone with Araujo, Jackson, Swift, Telfair instead of Childress or he could have gone with JR Smith or Jameer Nelson instead of Josh Smith.

In 2005 he could have made the trade that MANY here wanted and ended up with a gimp Sean May and a PG who is already being replaced in Felton instead of taking Marvin who has gotten better every year. Or he could have drafted Channing Frye, Martell Webster, Charlie Villenueva, etc who are nowhere near the players that Marvin is.

In 2006 he could have drafted your boys O'Bryant, Sene, Reddick, etc. and been MUCH WORSE off.

In 2007 it sure seems like he made the best pick of anyone getting Horford when the major pressure was on to take Conley who may turn out to be a great PG or he could turn out to be the next bust of PG prospects.

While I agree with everything else in this post, I would have taken my chances with O'Bryant or Sene before I drafted Shelden Williams. That is the one player he's drafted that probably doesn't have much of a future in the NBA.

Perhaps, but so far based on their careers Shelden has outperformed all of those guys. O'Bryant will probably be out of the league this year, Sene is no better than Solo, and Reddick is disgustingly one dimensional.

There is no doubt that BK didn't get the best player he could have with that pick. Roy was/is head and shoulders better BUT it's pretty obvious that he is the player with the foot problem that our doctors told him to stay away from. I honestly believe that if there hadn't been an injury concern with him that Roy would have been our pick.

Guest Walter

Quote:

BK could have made poorer picks EACH YEAR.

No he couldn't have! He picked the worst of THREE REMOTELY CONSIDERED players in three consecutive years. Two of those went on to be early All-stars.

Araujo, Planinic, Cook, Delfino remotely considered at 6? (roll eyes) It was 100% about Deng or Iggy! BK was the only GM seriously considering Childress. The fact that you consider Villy, Felton, or Frye as candidates for the top 2 pick as a defense of BK is ludicrous! In 2006, the only players worthy at 5 were Roy or maybe Foye. BK was the only GM in the universe stupid enough to not only draft SW, not only promise SW, but do so wityout trying him or anyone else out.

They were all 3 player drafts for us. In two cases they should have been two player drafts (Iggy or Deng, Roy or Foye). BK was just too [censored] blinded by his own ego to see past the hype or demand a GD tryout. Need I say more? Have you no shame? Your "At least he didn't draft Channing Frye" bullshit is priceless. Channing Frye and the list of your no names were never once mentioned on this board. Priceless silliness.

W

W

The fact is that he DID NOT make the worst possible picks as you claim he did. Look at the guys who were picked closely to the picks that BK did make.

You are mixing drafts up Walter. Plananic, Cook, Delfino were from the 2003 draft and were picked after Diaw.

Araujo, Luke Jackson, Robert Swift, and Sebastian Telfair all went shortly after Childress. Who the hell says it was 100% about Deng or Iggy? Why only those two? Because they went on to be good players? Why not the others picked right there with them which I listed at the beginning of this paragraph? Is it because they don't make your argument sound valid? They make you seem like you have an agenda?

I have NO PROBLEM admitting that BK didn't pick the best players, but I wonder why you have such a problem admitting that he didn't pick the worst players either. Your assertion that these were 3 player drafts just to make it fit your argument clearly shows your agenda here.

Guest Walter

Nobody spoke a word about Araujo here or any of the other names mentioned at 6. You are just making bullshit up. Why not Kris Humphries at 6? Hell, why not anybody? Why? They were not REMOTELY CONSIDERED AT 6. Just like 2005 and 2006, 2004 was a three man draft for us and BK picked the WORST POSSIBLE player REMOTELY CONSIDERED. Not the worst player in the entire draft (Now SW isn't far from it) but you'd think even YOU wouldn't attempt to argue that is a defense of BK.

"BK didn't pick the worst player in the entire draft...see, he did right by us." Laughable.

W

This is a strange argument. You are justifying BK's drafting record by saying he didn't take the worst player?

Diaw..No, he wasn't the worst player drafted that night. As a matter of fact he has been a decent player for a good team the last 3 years. The problem with the Hawks is that BK thought he was a point guard.

The 2 Josh's..Definately a good draft. Mostly because he Hawks lucked out that Smoove lasted until 17th. Chillz is not as good as Iggy or Deng but Smoove is better than both..Go figure.

Marvin Marvin Marvin...BK chose an very ordinary small forward( a position that was already occupied by 4 players on the Hawks) over 2 future Hall of fame point guards..A gigantic blunder he will never live down.

Sheldon over Roy....Wow

Horford and Law..BK finally got it right on his last try..