Can't we...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Can't we use Salim in a SNT?

I was thinking that the reason that nobody has made an offer to Salim is becuase after three years, he actually have bird rights. He can get 10% raises? Maybe he's waiting to make a move until after we sign Smoove and Chillz.

I don't know what the rules are as far as that goes, but I've been curious about the lack of news regarding Salim myself. It's like he's the invisible man or something, which is somewhat apropos given the way that Woody used him...or more accurately, failed to use him.

Quote:

The problem with Salim is that he isn't very good in the "A" game. Personally I would agree with any Salim fan that he has done more than Acie.

It could be a "Woodster" thing.

He has done more than Acie(who has to prove himself, to himself). He is better than Jeremy and everybody in the Summer League(Hawks Roster).

• Premium Member

Quote:

do you seriously think Salim has value? he'll be lucky to get a job next year. no team is going to give up anything to get him.

Actually, i do. It's not just his stat line, I think you have to look at his ability and his tenacity. Players like Salim do go on to do OK in the league. He's not an allstar and not even a star, but he may end up being a Eddie House kind of player who can go to a good team and find his space.

As far as what we can get... My thought was if we have SNT ability on him, we can sign and trade him at 2 million and get any 2 million dollar player who a team might not want. This of course being after we sign the Joshes to reasonable contracts.

Quote:

As far as what we can get... My thought was if we have SNT ability on him, we can sign and trade him at 2 million and get any 2 million dollar player who a team might not want. This of course being after we sign the Joshes to reasonable contracts.

Jarvis Hayes just signed for about $2 million per year. I can't believe Salim gets anything over $1.3 million. I just don't see it. And with a S&T, we can only take back the average of last year and whatever he signs for, correct? So even if he got $2 million next year, the most we could take back for him alone would be $1.8 or so. He would need to be moved in a package, unless we could get another player similar to him in the same kind of deal. A deal for POB might work, but unfortunately that's the type of player you're probably looking at straight up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Jarvis Hayes just signed for about $2 million per year. I can't believe Salim gets anything over $1.3 million. I just don't see it. And with a S&T, we can only take back the average of last year and whatever he signs for, correct? So even if he got $2 million next year, the most we could take back for him alone would be $1.8 or so. He would need to be moved in a package, unless we could get another player similar to him in the same kind of deal. A deal for POB might work, but unfortunately that's the type of player you're probably looking at straight up.

If we signed him for 2 Million, he would not be BYC so I don't think we have to worry about averaging. Still, Let's go with your first mind. Let's say we can only sign him for 1.6. OK.. Let's SNT him for 1.6. That's sure to bring us back some decent BU or maybe a Young player. I would like a shot at Robert Swift.

What is this whole averaging thing being talked about? There is nothing about that in trades.

As for BYC, D is right he would not be a BYC if he signed for $2 million. We do not have to take back any salary though, the only reason we would have to take back salary is if we traded with another team over the cap and in that scenario we just had to be within 125%.