• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Marvin accept the contract offer Smoove got?

WraithSentinel

Quote:

The 5/$45 million offer, would Marvin accept that? I know we all have different opinions on Marvin. I think one thing we can all agree on Marvin. We don't want to lose him for nothing.

I think you offer Marvin like 5/$42. He would be dumb not to accept 9 mil a year.

Quote:

The 5/$45 million offer, would Marvin accept that? I know we all have different opinions on Marvin. I think one thing we can all agree on Marvin. We don't want to lose him for nothing.

He probably would accept it but i don't know if i would be willing to pay him that much. Losing him isn't much of a worry because he will be restricted. I doubt any other team is going to overpay for Marvin. It isn't like he brings anything unique to the table like Smith does.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Since SF is the easiest position to play, Marvin would easily take 8 or 9 a year and no team will overpay for an SF since basically every team has a serviceable SF right now.

I think that Deng and his agent found that out the hard way this summer.

Quote:

Since SF is the easiest position to play, Marvin would easily take 8 or 9 a year and no team will overpay for an SF since basically every team has a serviceable SF right now.

People need to re-evaulate this statement.

Not that Marvin wouldn't take 9 mill a year, but that SF is the easiest position to play in the NBA. The hell it is!

Just in this conference alone, a SF may have to go up against:

- Lebron

- Pierce

- Carter

- Prince

- Iggy

- Butler

- Turkoglu

- G. Wallace

- R. Jefferson

You go out West, and it's just as bad:

- Melo

- Dirk

- sometimes Kobe

- Peja

- sometimes T-Mac

- S. Jackson

- Maggette

- Gay

( and I know that I'm forgetting one or two obvious people )

SF is the one position that sees some of the most athletic and most potent scorers in the league. You just can't throw anybody at that position, and expect decent results. An NBA small forward is under the gun just about every single night. If he's not ready to play, he could get eaten alive.

Easy my azz.

Quote:

Center is probably the easiest position to play because all you have to do is walk and chew gum at the same time and some team will sign you.

As for Marvin, I would like to see a contract offer of 5/$45 million because Marvin seems like a team guy who would take less so we could add other players.

Now that the gamble with Smoove seems to be panning out, I don't see us making an offer to Marvin at all. I also wonder a little if we'd worry that a signed Marvin might try less to improve than an unsigned Marvin would.

Assuming we resign Smoove for around $10 to $11 mil per and Chillz for around $6, Marvin probably will expect something around $7-8 unless he improves significantly. If he does improve that much, GREAT!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Now that the gamble with Smoove seems to be panning out, I don't see us making an offer to Marvin at all.

It's a little early to know for sure, but I expect at least a half dozen teams with more than the MLE in cap space.

The summer of 2009 will be much different for RFA's.

Quote:

Quote:

Not that Marvin wouldn't take 9 mill a year, but that SF is the easiest position to play in the NBA. The hell it is!

- Lebron

- Pierce

- Carter

- Prince

- Iggy

- Butler

- Turkoglu

- G. Wallace

- R. Jefferson

- Melo

- Dirk

- sometimes Kobe

- Peja

- sometimes T-Mac

- S. Jackson

- Maggette

- Gay

. . . . like Lamar Odom when he plays the 3, or Shawn Marion . . or Bruce Bowen, when he's guarding you.

I be damned if SF is the easiest position to play.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

- Lebron

- Pierce

- Carter

- Prince

- Iggy

- Butler

- Turkoglu

- G. Wallace

- R. Jefferson

- Melo

- Dirk

- sometimes Kobe

- Peja

- sometimes T-Mac

- S. Jackson

- Maggette

- Gay

SF is the one position that sees some of the most athletic and most potent scorers in the league. You just can't throw anybody at that position, and expect decent results. An NBA small forward is under the gun just about every single night. If he's not ready to play, he could get eaten alive.

Easy my azz.

Uhm... Gord...

When you talk about Ease, it's relative to the other positions.

HISTORY has proven...

PG is the hardest position. Proven by the fact that there are not many good PGs in the game. Center is the next hardest position... Based on the fact that you have so many Centers drafted high that are BUSTs. Next would be SG... simply based on specificity... SG is the position that you must be able to shoot. MUST be. You also must be able to defend both on the perimeter and on the drive. PF is next. Post play is not easy. A PF has to know how to defend in the post... and also how to score either in the post or the elbow.

That leaves Sf. Historically, the worst defender with size was made a Sf. Consider Big Dogs, Bird,....even Nique. Next... there's no required skill set for the Sf. Just be able to score somehow.

Moreover Northcyde... The fact that you can reel off all those Sfs is just testimony to How easy the position is. Try to reel off some real PGs... When you get past Nash, Miller, DWilliams, CP3 and Kidd... I'm really interersted in what you have next. Try Center... when you get past Shaq, Yao, and Kaman, I'd be interested in hearing the rest.

Face it, being a Sf requires absolutely nothing but hustle.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Center is probably the easiest position to play because all you have to do is walk and chew gum at the same time and some team will sign you.

Youth?

Ok... Chris... Let's try this... For every good center in the league playing, I can name just as many busts.

To be fitting, let's start at the 2005 draft and work our way down.. I'm pointing out the busts.

2005:

Johan Petro

Mile Ilic

M. Andriuskevicius

2004:

Rafael Araujo

Robert Swift

Pavel Podkolzine

David Harrison

Ha Seung-Jin

Pape Sow

2003:

Darko Milicic

Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Szymon Szewczyk

Slavko Vranes

James Lang

Andreas Glyniadakis

2002:

Melvin Ely

Mario Kasun

Jason Jennings

Jamal Sampson

2001:

Kwame Brown

Eddy Curry

Sagana Diop

Steven Hunter

Michael Bradley

Jason Collins

Loren Woods

Eric Chenowith

Ken Johnson

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje

Jarron Collins

2000:

Chris Mihm

Jerome Moiso

Jason Collier (RIP)

Jake Tsakalidis

Mamadou N'diaye

Primoz Brezec

Jake Voskuhl

Olumide Oyedeji

Jabari Smith

Ernest Brown

Dan McClintock

That's 5 years worth of Bust. If it's so easy, why are there so many listed?

Quote:

Quote:

Youth?

Ok... Chris... Let's try this... For every good center in the league playing, I can name just as many busts.

To be fitting, let's start at the 2005 draft and work our way down.. I'm pointing out the busts.

2005:

Johan Petro

Mile Ilic

M. Andriuskevicius

2004:

Rafael Araujo

Robert Swift

Pavel Podkolzine

David Harrison

Ha Seung-Jin

Pape Sow

2003:

Darko Milicic

Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Szymon Szewczyk

Slavko Vranes

James Lang

Andreas Glyniadakis

2002:

Melvin Ely

Mario Kasun

Jason Jennings

Jamal Sampson

2001:

Kwame Brown

Eddy Curry

Sagana Diop

Steven Hunter

Michael Bradley

Jason Collins

Loren Woods

Eric Chenowith

Ken Johnson

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje

Jarron Collins

2000:

Chris Mihm

Jerome Moiso

Jason Collier (RIP)

Jake Tsakalidis

Mamadou N'diaye

Primoz Brezec

Jake Voskuhl

Olumide Oyedeji

Jabari Smith

Ernest Brown

Dan McClintock

That's 5 years worth of Bust. If it's so easy, why are there so many listed?

It's easy because you don't have to be that good to start or stay in the league even if you suck. Just from the drafts that you listed 14 of those "busts" are still in the NBA and 2 of the others are on our SL roster. When guys like Patrick O'Bryant and Lo Wright are still getting contracts that should tell you how easy it is to be an NBA centers.