If I were Sund

tmac13

Its time to make some moves..

Throw 6 years and 60 million at Smoove with a player option after 4 years.

Throw 6 years and 36 to Chillz with a player option after 4 years.

Sign Kwame to a 3 year deal using part of the mid level exception.

Sign Randolph to a 3 year deal at slightly above the minimum.

Let Luke Jackson battle it out with Richarson for our wing shooter off the bench.

Tell Solomon goodbye..You should have played in the summer league.

Tell Salim goodbye. You are more trouble than you are worth.

Dangle Zaza for a 2nd.

Let Justin Williams and Simien battle it out for the last spot on the bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Its time to make some moves..

Throw 6 years and 60 million at Smoove with a player option after 4 years.

Throw 6 years and 36 to Chillz with a player option after 4 years.

Sign Kwame to a 3 year deal using part of the mid level exception.

Sign Randolph to a 3 year deal at slightly above the minimum.

Let Luke Jackson battle it out with Richarson for our wing shooter off the bench.

Tell Solomon goodbye..You should have played in the summer league.

Tell Salim goodbye. You are more trouble than you are worth.

Dangle Zaza for a 2nd.

Let Justin Williams and Simien battle it out for the last spot on the bench.

What you have suggested means:

Smoove starts at 7.922 Million

Chillz starts at 4.25 Million

I don't think either guys signs that.

What I would offer:

1. Smoove 5 year 60.5 Million. (that starts at 10 Million)

2. Chillz 5 year 37.106 Million (that starts at 5.8 Million).

Luxury tax = 71.1.

We would be at 67.547.

I would then find a way to sign Kwame Vet Min = 2.0 million. Morris = 0.8 Million And I would hold on to the .753 Million that's left.

Team =

Zaza/Brown/Morris

Horf/Solo

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/Chillz

Bibby/Acie/Speedy

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza/Brown/Morris

Horf/Solo

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/Chillz

Bibby/Acie/Speedy

That team in my opinion would be very competitive.

I don't think you'll get enough floor spacing playing Smoove/Horf/Zaza together too often, unless of course Josh Smith improves shooting. I think you need another shooter.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza/Brown/Morris

Horf/Solo

Smoove/Marvin

JJ/Chillz

Bibby/Acie/Speedy

That team in my opinion would be very competitive.

I don't think you'll get enough floor spacing playing Smoove/Horf/Zaza together too often, unless of course Josh Smith improves shooting. I think you need another shooter.

I think that makes us worse on D too because Horford can guard big post players better than Zaza and Smith is our best shotblocker so we want him near the hoop.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think you have to consider that JJ and Bibby are very good three point shooters. Check some teams (starting lineups).... tell me how many of them have a low post presence and more than 2 3 pt shooters.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think that makes us worse on D too because Horford can guard big post players better than Zaza and Smith is our best shotblocker so we want him near the hoop.

I think you need to reexamine this too. Notice, Horf doesn't do well against Big Post players. They usually are the ones that find success against Horf. He does well against PF types. Also, that's why you have a Zaza/Brown combo. If we need more defense, you insert Brown. Moreover, Woody has to change his defensive game plan to maximize each players' strengths. That means that we play Zone and Smoove is a rover.

Quote:

Quote:

I think you need to reexamine this too. Notice, Horf doesn't do well against Big Post players. They usually are the ones that find success against Horf. He does well against PF types. Also, that's why you have a Zaza/Brown combo. If we need more defense, you insert Brown. Moreover, Woody has to change his defensive game plan to maximize each players' strengths. That means that we play Zone and Smoove is a rover.

I don't know man, I think Smith does a much better job against the Bosh's and the Boozer's than Horford. Just remembering that last Toronto game where Smith shut down Bosh in crunch time (and we lucked out on the clock thing) and the game where we had Horf on Boozer when he dropped 37(?). I think Horford is naturally suited for post D, he just needs to bulk up his legs a little. He had a lot of trouble staying in front of Bosh

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know man, I think Smith does a much better job against the Bosh's and the Boozer's than Horford. Just remembering that last Toronto game where Smith shut down Bosh in crunch time (and we lucked out on the clock thing) and the game where we had Horf on Boozer when he dropped 37(?). I think Horford is naturally suited for post D, he just needs to bulk up his legs a little. He had a lot of trouble staying in front of Bosh

How many times have we seen Horf on the Bosh's and the Boozer's?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not many because he isn't able to guard them.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Not many because he isn't able to guard them.

Actually, not many because he plays C... (out of necessity... not out of inability to play PF).

I like the idea of playing Horf at PF...but not at the expense of Zaza starting at Center. Zaza is NOT an upgrade at Center! Would our lineup be more traditional, yes. But Zaza starting at the 5 is a disaster waiting to happen. If Zaza played Defense...then maybe. But that means Smoove would have to either play the 3 or Marvin play it with one of the two coming off the bench. Kwame is fine as Horford's BACKUP...not as heir to the Center position.

Quote:

Quote:

What I hate worse is Smoove starting at the 3.

I hate the thought of Zaza or Kwame starting worse than Josh playing the 3.

I'm going to have to go with Josh playing the 3. He wouldn't be able to consistently beat SFs off the dribble, and he doesn't have a back-to-the-basket game just yet, so he won't be able to post up smaller players effectively. I also think Smith would get into a lot of foul trouble guarding smaller players, as well. I think you keep the same starting lineup and bring Kwame and Zaza off the bench as your C and PF.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What I hate worse is Smoove starting at the 3.

I hate the thought of Zaza or Kwame starting worse than Josh playing the 3.

I'm going to have to go with Josh playing the 3. He wouldn't be able to consistently beat SFs off the dribble, and he doesn't have a back-to-the-basket game just yet, so he won't be able to post up smaller players effectively. I also think Smith would get into a lot of foul trouble guarding smaller players, as well. I think you keep the same starting lineup and bring Kwame and Zaza off the bench as your C and PF.

He would be fine as a 3 for 10-15 minutes a night because he does have a back the basket game. I know in the Indy game we forced them to go into small ball and then started dumping it in to Smith who would abuse Granger down low.

The problem is that we don't have a big man with range so Smith at 3 means we'd have to do what we do when Childress is in the game and stick a non-shooter out at the 3pt. line.