• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damn...rumurs reported on ESPN

PureGreatness

ASG and that their biatch Sund took Woodson over Smoove. I can't believe we freaking took Woodson over Smoove. There was bunch of coaches out there that are waaay better than Woody and what do we do? lose a player because of a freaking coach, god damn ASG.

I don't like Smoove that much, but damn this is some sad news for Hawks fans. Fvck ASG and their personal biatch Rick Sund.

Quote:

ASG and that their biatch Sund took Woodson over Smoove. I can't believe we freaking took Woodson over Smoove. There was bunch of coaches out there that are waaay better than Woody and what do we do? lose a player because of a freaking coach, god damn ASG.

I don't like Smoove that much, but damn this is some sad news for Hawks fans. Fvck ASG and their personal biatch Rick Sund.

First of all, is the language really necessary? Secondly, just because ESPN reports it, doesn't mean it's the gospel truth. You should read many of the posts here where Sekou dispells that rumor on the radio and in his column. Josh Smith's own father even called in to 680 the other day and said that rumor was false and quite frankly, got upset that it was even being reported.

Quote:

Should have figure that is what they said. I thought we have proven there is no truth to this rumor.

How ? B/C Smith's dad says so ? What does his daddy know ? B/c Sekou says Josh Smith has never personally told him that ?

Smith can be a man and speak for himself. I'm suprised we have not heard that Smith and Sund have scheduled a meeting for a sit down. Its about time since all the FA players have burned their money.

Until Smith dispells these rumors that have mysteriously been reported all over the national media there is a real possibility that he has instructed his agent to work out a sign and trade as a last result.

Only one man can squash these rumors and its not Smith's dad or Sekou. Its Josh Smith himself.

Will the real J' Smoove please stand up ?

We want you Smoove ! Wish you felt the same way !

Quote:

Quote:

Should have figure that is what they said. I thought we have proven there is no truth to this rumor.

How ? B/C Smith's dad says so ? What does his daddy know ? B/c Sekou says Josh Smith has never personally told him that ?

Smith can be a man and speak for himself. I'm suprised we have not heard that Smith and Sund have scheduled a meeting for a sit down. Its about time since all the FA players have burned their money.

Until Smith dispells these rumors that have mysteriously been reported all over the national media there is a real possibility that he has instructed his agent to work out a sign and trade as a last result.

Only one man can squash these rumors and its not Smith's dador Sekou. Its Josh Smith himself.

So your going to take Ric Beucher's word over Pete Smith's?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only one man can squash these rumors and its not Smith's dador Sekou. Its Josh Smith himself.

So your going to take Ric Beucher's word over Pete Smith's?

Everyone has an agenda:

Smith's agent want to get Smith the most money in the most marketable city possible.

Smith's dad wants his son to stay close by in their home town.

Rich Bucher wants to report a story.

Where is the truth ? Only Smith knows b/c he refused to speak publically.

So what soes Smith really think or want ? Who knows ?

Most players would squash these rumors if they actually LIKED they're coach .

Why should I believe Pete Smith ? His son has been flying from coast to coast getting poisoned by his agent and other team's executives. For example we know what Brand's origianl intentions were. He even told his LA teamates he was looking foward to playing with B. Davis in LA. Then NBA executives and his agent start feeding him ideas and all these alternatives and next thing you know he in Philly.

Pets smith is not in on the business dealings. Pete Smith is not his agent. Pets Smith is a dad looking out for his son's reputation in his hometown, just as a dad should do.

All parents or dads cast the best light possible when talking about their kids. Especially when they are shopping for a big time contract. I think Pete Smith was doing damage control for his son and trying to put out a flame before the whole bridge burned down in his home town.

This rumor of Smith could really hurt his reputation and people may call him in a whiner and the words uncoachable, poor decisions, immaturity, and bad shot selection come to mind...........If he does go to another team he better get along with that coach b/c any public arguements would multiplied X 10 due to the image Smith is creating for himself.

If he is not squashing these rumors then I see it as away to put pressue on the ASG and Sund to get him out of town at his own request thanke to last minute posturing by his rookie agents. (Remember Elton Brand ?) He said he wanted to remiajn in LA for the last 5 years and really build something. Probably the same stuff Smoove has told Sekou over the years. But.....

What happened in the end ?

If I liked my coach and rumors were reported on ESPN that I refused to even play for him I think I would protect my reputation and protect what I am all about by setting the record straight.....Is that such a crazy thought ?

Quote:

Quote:

Only one man can squash these rumors and its not Smith's dad or Sekou. Its Josh Smith himself.

Dude, you gotta relax. You're gonna get an aneurysm or something.

Smith's agents aren't gonna let him come out and hurt his bargaining position. Especially if they think ASG is gonna try and deal as cheaply as possible, which is a real possibility. Its just business and its a pain in the ass for us as fans because we don't really know what to believe. ASG might still be putting out contracts that are 10-15m less than Jefferson/Bogut and if Smith comes out and says how much he wants to play in ATL, his agents lose leverage in trying to get him some dough. On top of that, this is the same rumor getting reported over and over. There is nothing new here, don't freak out every time its brought up.

FA players haven't burned up their money either. Memphis could still max out Smith if they wanted and GSW might have some cap space too. Plus, if they really are lowballing him they want to be able to use SnT offers to gain leverage.

Regarding Sekou, he has broken almost every major Hawks story over the years. ESPN/SI.com have no inside info to the Hawks - they didn't even know what positions our forwards played until this season. Sekou has nothing to gain by making up a story about Smith being one of the guys that had nothing bad to say about Woody in the interviews w/ Sund.

I am with you Coach X. Josh Smith needs to speak up. If someone was saying things about me that wasn't true I would be pissed off. Some how I get the feeling that this issue will addressed by either Smoove or the ASG by monday.

Quote:

I am with you Coach X. Josh Smith needs to speak up. If someone was saying things about me that wasn't true I would be pissed off. Some how I get the feeling that this issue will addressed by either Smoove or the ASG by monday.

I have that feeling too. Especially with the 7/26/2008 ticket push they are doing at Phillips. It would give them an avenue for some "free" advertising. If Josh is not resigned by then who would even show up to buy tickets ?

I don't believe any of this about Smooth not wanting to play here as long as Woodson is the coach, but it's about time for him to come out and say it to the national media. I know his dad put a lot of people at ease in the local area and Sekou says he never heard of this, but Smooth need to say it out loud too if it's not true.

The Hawks now is his best chance to get a biggest payday so there is no reason for his agent to continue to drive up his price and let this lie (if it is a lie) continue to roll.

I believe the people who are close to situation over a guy who said Kobe would never be in LA again and there was no chance Brand would end up in Philly. If you are willing to trust Espn over the father and guy who actually covers the team. Go right ahead and believe what you want. If it turns out I am wrong then so be it. Trusting Sekou and Smith's father just feel right to me.