• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I can't believe my eyes.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Maybe there's a chance that we can get in on this deal from either side....

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonia...11717285620.xml

In reply to:

The Blazers were rumored to have nixed a trade last week that would have sent Damon Stoudamire, Arvydas Sabonis and Bonzi Wells to Dallas for Michael Finley, Raef LaFrentz and Nick Van Exel. Nash would not confirm that rumor, but he did say that Dallas has been a team with which he has talked trade.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, But HUH??? OK, I would love to have Finley. I'd deal with Lafrentz and Van Exel. It seems like Dallas wants a PG and a C.

If we offered PTL Theo/JT (SNT)...

Could we get back... Finley/Van Exel.

As far a C, I'd sign Stepania.

I think Dallas really wants Arvydas and Bonzi. SO that can be the deal:

Arvydas/Bonzi/Filler to Dallas.

Finley/Van Exel to Atlanta.

JT/Theo/Hendu to PTL

they are both 30 years old. Finley has the longer contract but hes been consistant over the years. He could turn out to be like Karl Malone/Gary Payton, old guys thats arent slowing down like Reggie Miller/Dik Mutombo.

I would do it, Finley for Ratliff. I dont know about the Mavs though- they would certainly love to have Ratliff though. If Van Exel was 4-5 inches taller they would do it.

The only way i can see us getting Finley for Ratliff is if Dallas follows it up by trading LaFrentz for a starting caliber SG.

• Premium Member

Salarywise, Ratliff can't go for Finley.

There's a lot of news that Nellie wants Arvydas. I guess he wants a BIG Body in the post... Plus the passing skills. But I can't believe that PTL said NO to a deal that would have gotten rid of Mighty Mouse?

Back to Dallas.

A straight up Deal of Ratliff/Hendu/CC for Lafrentz/Finley.

I think Cuban would do it. Sheez, he probably loves Hendu. He created Broadcast.com so that he could watch Hoosier games while Hendu was paying... Plus, getting Ratliff can't hurt.

To KNight, I think this is a good deal. Even if Lafrentz is not great.

Lafrentz/SAR/Finley/Diaw/JT.

I'd go into the season with that.

Yes, that is how the rumor goes. First of all, I agree that the Blazers probably should have made the deal. However, there are a couple of things that you guys may not be seeing.

Finley is on the downswing. I saw that this year. Remember how he was absolutely untouchable just like Dirk and Nash before now? Well, things have changed for a reason. After seeing Dallas play a good bit last year and seeing every second of them in the playoffs there is zero doubt in my mind that for whatever reason Finley is not the player he was a few years ago. Dallas obviously sees this too and is trying to get out from under a contract.

However, that being said Finley has enough skills to still be a good (not great by a longshot) guard for a few more years. The Blazers would have gotten rid of minnie mouse and helped their image with a good guy and I think that they probably still should have done it for that reason.

Lafrentz is a very bad contract.

I think that the Blazers have been nursing long and bad contracts for so long that Allen has put the hammer down on the new GM.

Dallas comes out way on the short end of the stick with that trade. No way Nellie would be that stupid. If that trade was offered to Portland, Nash was incredibly stupid to reject it.

Why is it that you think Dallas wants a PG? Nash is better than any of the names mentioned above, and is certainly a better PG than JT.

• Premium Member

Dallas gets out of Lafrentz' bad contract.

NVE is a good clutch player but he's getting old with 2 bad knees and a huge contract. I mean, NVE is signed until 2006... He's 32 now.

Finley also has a very long contract. He's signed until 2008 with major money and he's already 30 years old and game may be on the decline.

What Dallas gets back is:

Arvydas. Nellie Love Arvydas. Even though the old man won't get you 30 mpg, he can still come in and play and be a big body in the playoffs. I'm sure Nellie thinks he can rotate between Arvydas, Eschenmeyer, and Bradley.

Bonzi. This is a young shooting Gaurd. He has a lot of potential and with the right team, he's dangerous. Remember, Bonzi almost carried PTL past Dallas this year.

Damon. This is PTL's perk out of the deal. Get rid of Mighty Mouse. The interesting fact is that Nellie could probably work with him and use him as Nash's Backup.

I think it's a good deal for Dallas because they create a lot of capspace soon. BUT...They have to get rid of Wahad Somehow?

The other thing is maybe Nellie is making room to resign Nash.