• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's see what trouble I start with this.

thecampster

Though not an avid poster, I check in from time to time and was looking at the list of free agents left in the NBA to get at a bargin price.

Going on the theory that our eventual coach will be "George Karl" and working with Diesel's insistance that we trade Theo Ratliff...I've come up with some interesting (if not challenging) thoughts.

Sign and trade with Indiana

Reggie Miller & (either Harrington/Croshere)

Theo Ratliff/Crawford.

Now, a few interesting Free Agents on the market that could be had for Cheap.

Shawn Kemp. Just 2 seasons ago averaged 17.8 points and 8.8 rebounds for Cleveland in 30.4 minutes a game. No longer a first option but still only 34. Could be had for less than 2 mil a year.

Jason Collier - 3.5 pts, 2.5 reb in 11 minutes. A true center Height wise at 7' 260lbs who can shoot from the outside....nice bench player.

Grant Long - No introduction needed I'd guess for Hawks fans. Fan favorite in Atlanta.

Loren Woods - Great potential, bad situation in Minnesota.

All could be had for 2 mil or less.

So we line up a lineup like this.

JT/Diaw/Dickau

Reggie Miller/Hansen

Shareef/Chroshere

Kemp/Hendu/Long

Nazr/Woods (or Collier)

If Miller/Chroshere just replace Theo/CC salaries, that would give us enough I'd gather to resign JT, and afford the 3 added players mentioned.

Thoughts???

• Premium Member

If it were possible to send:

Theo/CC to Indy.

Harrington/Croshere to Atlanta...

Then:

Sign Loren Woods or Kemp(?)

Problem. Kemp failed the drug test last year. Woods has Psche problems. Collier might not get another Contract. However, there's Stepania and Allen out of Miami.

I think we can get away with:

JT/Diaw/Harrington/SAR/Stepania.

The problem is that Croshere's contact lasts until 2007. IF we were to take that Salary, we would have to get a first rounder. Also, we'd have to give them Hendu in the process.

final equation:

Theo/CC/Hendu to Indy.

Harrington/Croshere/Foster/Bender/1st (2004) to Atlanta...

JT/Dickau

Diaw/Hansen

Harrington/Bender

SAR/Croshere

Stepania/Foster/Nazr

We'd still have enough for one more SG/PG signing. Either S. Smith or Vaughn.

Croshere's contract is similar to ALAN HENDERSONs but longer (2 years longer i believe and it increases every year).

Reggie is one heck of a player and i'd still use him as my clutch player when it came to the last seconds, but hes slowly fading away from that superstar he used to be... only last year was an offyear- im curious to see if it goes back up or if he slowly continues to slip.

that being said, we might as well just keep Ratliff/Crawford.

- Kemp is a veteran and will always be wanted in the NBA even tho hes not the same Shawn Kemp (Amare Stoudemire reminds me a lot of the old highflying Kemp).

- If Collier doesnt bite for the MIN, i say NO to him and take Mottola who would take the MIN anyday.

- Long is a fan favorite, i wouldnt mind him here as long as he doesnt get heavy minutes.

- Woods kinda scarys me. First hes suppose to be a lottery pick, then he falls all the way to the mid 2nd round.... i dont know. Didnt he have emotional breakdowns in the draft workouts?