• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which is the better way for rebuilding the Hawks

Blunt91

I was just thinking would getting good draft picks or signing good free agents help the Hawks in the long run. I mean people have mentioned that we should look at veterans like SteveSmith, Jon Barry, and even Reggie Miller. I think that these players could help the hawks this year but the only thing about it is they are old and would only be helping the team temporarily. In a year or 2 after these guys retire the Hawks would be right back in the same situation as before because they would have missed out on getting good young talent in the draft because instead of getting a lottery pick they would end up with a lower first rounder and be getting scrubs like Roshown Mcleoud and Ed Gray. On the other hand, you can make an arguement that by making the playoffs this season with a guy like Barry or Reggie it would be advertising our team for young stars in the league like a Kobe Bryant to come to Atlanta and want to play for a team who is serious about winning. So my question to you is which way is better for the Hawks getting High draft picks or getting solid Free Agents to help the team win.

Again read my earlier posts "Is this a Fantasy League Board??." The Atlanta Hawks are not going to get any solid free agents with the situation it is in.

No free agent of great value will come to this organization, so we are going to have to do most of our rebuilding from within which may take a long long time.

First we need an owner.

• Premium Member

Either we get behind SAR/JT.

Either we get behind SAR.

Either we get behind JT (Yuck).

Or we start from SCRATCH.

It's really simple. We need to discover what our strength is and try to magnify it. I believe our strength is the low post scoring of Reef. The fact that we have no shooters or PGs that can amplify his low post scoring is scary.

I don't believe that Theo is the answer. In fact, I think Theo is about as much as a piece that doesn't fit as most of you thought Grob was.

Given the opportunity, I would trade Theo.

What I want back is a good SF/SG...

Like Theo/CC for Finley or Theo for Odom or Theo for Harpring/Collins.

OR....

I want something Young Back...

Theo for Gadzurich/D. Mason/Toni.

Theo/CC for Damp/Battier/Humphrey (via Fortson to Memphis).

I think that right now, we can easily replace Theo with Stepania via FA. He's not perfect, but he's cheap and he can rebound.

We need to trade Theo for a good player and pickup

a cheap role playing big man.

Since JT/SAR isn't as good as PP/Walker.. We need that

third guy to get us going somewhere.That is when we

trade Theo...He isn't that 3rd guy we need.We need

a swingman in the worst way.....He needs alittle more

allround game than Dog had, but Finley sounds like a good

answer....I know he isn't young at 30, but look at Theo..

He's 30 and he's actually coming off his worst season

since his Detroit days.

I think that the plan is simple. We build around JT and Reef and bring in a third free agent next year that can score,defend, and pass. If we had Kobe or Tracy then we'd be done. This is the kind of player we need, a Max player with star potential. Those three with cheap vets and developing picks can carry us.

Got to agree with Hotlanta. Man something must be wrong with me.