• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Chill score 43 points off the bench?

GameTime

Quote:

Ask Hornets' and Nuggets' fans about the guy.

He's as talented as they come, but by all accounts, a head case.

Sasha Vujacic is a much better option for this team, IMHO.

We need to get on the phone with J.R. Smith's agent because he is better than Childress and would actually give us a good bench with shooters. He is a little crazy but having Carmelo and AI as team leaders sure doesn't help keep you in check like Woody, Joe and Al would here.

The only way I would go after The Machine is if we couldn't sign J.R. or another better free agent.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I also prefer that Vujacic actually plays defense and takes pride in it. Is he a RFA or a UFA?

Both Sasha and J.R. are RFAs, but their teams are in the luxury tax.

I think a 4-yr, $15M deal (similar to Turiaf and Zaza) would get it done.

That would definitely be a deal that I would consider. He knows how to play physical defense, he's young, can shoot, has a mean streak, and knows how to move without the ball.

I like JR Smith too, but there's a reason he has bounced around the league a little.

Quote:

Ask Hornets' and Nuggets' fans about the guy.

He's as talented as they come, but by all accounts, a head case.

Sasha Vujacic is a much better option for this team, IMHO.

How is he a headcase?What's the worse he could do?

• Premium Member

Basically, he plays zero defense (and doesn't care to), gets lost constantly on the court, isn't a smart player, jacks up poor shots, has a poor work ethic, and doesn't take the game seriously.

But, the guy can shoot when hot. (Of course, so can Vujacic, without all the other crap).

Quote:

Basically, he plays zero defense (and doesn't care to), gets lost constantly on the court, isn't a smart player, jacks up poor shots, has a poor work ethic, and doesn't take the game seriously.

But, the guy can shoot when hot. (Of course, so can Vujacic, without all the other crap).

Don't you think playing with Carmelo and AI had a lot to do with how he developed and matured as a player? I really think that we have enough level headed guys to put him in place and make him bust his ass to get on the court. Even Woody wouldn't put up with that crap and it would help J.R. become a better player and us a better team.

If we can't sign J.R. we do need to look at Sasha becasue he is a decent player who can help offset the loss of Childress.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't you think playing with Carmelo and AI had a lot to do with how he developed and matured as a player?

I like Iverson, but Carmelo reportedly has one of the worst attitudes in the game.

So, no, I don't think his time in Denver has helped. He's apparently annoyed Karl as much as he did Scott.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't you think playing with Carmelo and AI had a lot to do with how he developed and matured as a player?

I like Iverson, but Carmelo reportedly has one of the worst attitudes in the game.

So, no, I don't think his time in Denver has helped. He's apparently annoyed Karl as much as he did Scott.

Byron Scott seems to be a huge d*ck based on his comments to Jerry Stackhouse.

I'd prefer Sasha as well and Lakers can afford to let him go. One problem we have seen here, and elsewhere, is that when you start to mess around with player's minutes they won't get comfortable.

If we throw the MLE at Sasha, the Lakers very well might let him walk b/c they still have quite a few young players on the wing. You can tell Vujacic that he is guaranteed to have a big role on the team as the designated defender/shooter off the bench.