• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MORE ASG Foolishness.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This particular action requires a KNEE JERK Reaction.

What I'm talking about is now that we have lost Chillz... We should go ahead and sign Smoove Quickly.

For those of you defending ASG around the board, What is ASG waiting on? Why aren't they getting ready to take pictures of Smoove signing? Where's the expected and needed Knee Jerk??

I thought they would announce it for the Saturday ticket sales event. End of business Thursday and still NOTHING ! We definately need something to be happy about and to rally around.

Oh well !

I just gave up on them and took the money I was holding for the Hawks and upgraded my Falcons season tickets to better seats. The Falcons said they were ready to print the tickets this weekend and I could not upgrade after then so I had to make a decision. The ASG lost out on my small slice of the pie. I held out as long as I could. Even if they resign Smith they have lost me as a potential season ticket holder but I would reconsider a 7 or 13 game package.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What I'm talking about is now that we have lost Chillz... We should go ahead and sign Smoove Quickly.

For those of you defending ASG around the board, What is ASG waiting on? Why aren't they getting ready to take pictures of Smoove signing? Where's the expected and needed Knee Jerk??

Yep, yep.... the contract drive-thru is open... they should just order it right up, pay the cashier, and take home a contract. Just like that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, yep.... the contract drive-thru is open... they should just order it right up, pay the cashier, and take home a contract. Just like that.

Why Not Sturt.

It's not July 1st.

Hell, it's not July 15.

We're almost into August. All of the big dogs have used up their FA money. We're still over the cap and if Smoove is our first priority. WHY Not?? Hell, they even know how much he would sign for... What do you want him to feel more slighted than he already does and bolt to some European team too?

In this instance Sturt, your defense of ASG is very weak.

I'm not blindly defending the ASG, but I have defended some of their moves because there are some here that have just freaked out rather than looking at the whole picture on certain issues.

I have said no less than 3 times today that if the ASG screw up the Josh Smith negotiations that I would be done as a Hawks fan.

• Premium Member

What clue do you actually have that the two parties aren't sitting across a table from one another this very minute?

What clue do you actually have that they are, for that matter?

What clue do you possibly have that Smoove's agent has the Hawks offer in his hands, and isn't just waiting to see if he can gain some more Euro-love for his client?

I mean, really, Dies.... you think so simplistically sometimes. Contracts take time to get done... very, very often more time than anyone would like... on either side of the table, or in the stands.

I mean (laughing) really... do you somehow conjure up this vision of Sund sitting at home in his undies, getting out of bed at 10:00 a.m., waltzing into his office after noon, playing on the internet for a few hours, and finally thinking about giving Smoove's agent a call around 3:00? And then deciding.... "Nah. I'll wait."

What do you REALLY think they're doing if they're not working on this? Tell me. Please. And, don't make me laugh... give me a serious answer as to what it would be that would have risen to the top of the priority list...???

IF they have the money, I say sign Smith first. Then go after Kwame and JR smith. Hell get rid of Speedy and sign Lou Williams. Furthermore, they could sign L. Jackson and Mr. Hunter from the summer league team. Let Bibby play this year out then his contract comes off the books or use it in a SnT. If we’re pinching pennies I’ll take Lou Williams over Bibby any day.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not blindly defending the ASG, but I have defended some of their moves because there are some here that have just freaked out rather than looking at the whole picture on certain issues.

I have said no less than 3 times today that if the ASG screw up the Josh Smith negotiations that I would be done as a Hawks fan.

Childress made it clear that the Hawks' seeming indifference toward re-signing him, their hardball tactics, and their slow pace during negotiations pushed him overseas.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What clue do you actually have that the two parties aren't sitting across a table from one another this very minute?

What clue do you actually have that they are, for that matter?

What clue do you possibly have that Smoove's agent has the Hawks offer in his hands, and isn't just waiting to see if he can gain some more Euro-love for his client?

I mean, really, Dies.... you think so simplistically sometimes. Contracts take time to get done... very, very often more time than anyone would like... on either side of the table, or in the stands.

I mean (laughing) really... do you somehow conjure up this vision of Sund sitting at home in his undies, getting out of bed at 10:00 a.m., waltzing into his office after noon, playing on the internet for a few hours, and finally thinking about giving Smoove's agent a call around 3:00? And then deciding.... "Nah. I'll wait."

What do you REALLY think they're doing if they're not working on this? Tell me. Please. And, don't make me laugh... give me a serious answer as to what it would be that would have risen to the top of the priority list...???

The CLUE I have is that it's been 24 hours since Chillz bolted to Europe and we supposedly have signed Maurice Evans before we've gotten Smith's signature.

PERIOD.

First Priorities are First Priorities.

Quote:

Quote:

Childress made it clear that the Hawks' seeming indifference toward re-signing him, their hardball tactics, and their slow pace during negotiations pushed him overseas.

What else is he going to say? "I'm a whore for money"? Of course he would say something to deflect criticism onto ASG.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Smoove was an UFA...

I bet he would be signed to a team within the hour.

How simple is that Stu??

You can't deny it because you know it's true.

Contracts take a long time when you are the Hawks.

Do you know that we signed Speedy Claxton to a contract a few hours after receiving word that Cassell would not sign with us?

Smoove is our first priority. He's been a free agent for 24 days.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

This is just insanity.

You have an agenda and are bound and determined to push it.

Never mind the fact that you would have called it "over-anxious" had they signed him for $7 million. Never mind that, years from now when his contract was eating up precious cap room, you would have accused the team of being stupid in giving the 6th man that amount of love. NEVER MIND THE FACT that, and I mean you truly outright ignore the point here... his agent, doing what agents normally do, identified at some unidentified point in the timeline, a non-NBA option that would essentially pay Chilz DOUBLE... DOUBLE... 100% MORE cash than he would get from ATL...

Puh. Leze.

You don't have to be from Stanford to understand what took place here.