• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ellis sign for 6 yr/ 66 mill

Quote:

The Warriors locked up restricted free-agent guard Monta Ellis with a six-year deal worth $66 million, according to an NBA insider. However, Golden State could be in danger of losing Andris Biedrins, their remaining restricted free agent.

The fourth-year player out of Lanier High in Mississippi is now the highest-paid Warrior, and is expected to be the starting point guard.

Meanwhile, a source close to Biedrins said the fifth-year center is being pursued heavily by European teams.

The Latvia native is drawing strong interest in a couple of Russian clubs, according to the source, who added that teams are willing to sign him for 3-5 years for what amounts to more than $10 million per year.

This would be the best news for Biedrins' in months. The only team with salary cap space that was reportedly interested in him, other than the Warriors, was Philadelphia. But the 76ers spent their cap money on Elton Brand. So leverage of a fat offer from overseas is Biedrins' best hope of getting the money he wants from the Warriors, or anywhere in the NBA.

Biedrins' camp, which was rumored to have its sight set on the ballpark of Chris Kaman's contract (five years, $55 million), likely won't be elated about the offer they're likely going to get from the Warriors. It would be surprising if Biedrins' offer even equaled Corey Maggette's average of $10 million a year. A six-year, $48 million offer may be what Golden State presents Biedrins.

link

• Admin

Ellis is an undersized shooting guard and he is way overpaid. He can't shoot the three, he can't run an offense, he is not a very good defender. He is just a penetrator. What are they doing?

Big big big mistake by the warriors. This will have bad repercussions for the league too.

I bet I could find quotes that are very close to what you just said, but concerning Arenas years ago when Golden State let him get away. Ellis is a very similar player and while I don't think he is as good as Arenas, he's not far off.

Let's just hope this gets the ball rolling for all of the other RFAs.

Quote:

I bet I could find quotes that are very close to what you just said, but concerning Arenas years ago when Golden State let him get away. Ellis is a very similar player and while I don't think he is as good as Arenas, he's not far off.

Let's just hope this gets the ball rolling for all of the other RFAs.

GS didn't want a repeat of the Gilbert Arenas situation so they decided to lock Monta up instead of him leaving for nothing. Wish the ASG would do something like that.