• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Switching Lanes

Chris18

Guys...guys...this trade sucks. Prince is OK, and I would swap him for Marvin, but for the best defensive young big in the league after Howard????

Put down the dope, take a deep breath, and think clearly. :Shocked:

I agree.

Tayshaun Prince is good, but he's only a roleplayer, and I don't think I've seen Amir Johnson play for more than 5 minutes. Amir Johnson has done nothing more than Solomon Jones. Detroit has lost their mind if they think they can get Smoove for two nobodies.

(Ok, so maybe Prince isn't a nobody, but you get the point.)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...guys...this trade sucks. Prince is OK, and I would swap him for Marvin, but for the best defensive young big in the league after Howard????

Put down the dope, take a deep breath, and think clearly. :Shocked:

Prince is a better defender than Josh Smith.

He's not as flashy because he's not as athletic, but he works within the system. Josh Smith often gets caught cheating off his man going for steals and blocks (which doesn't show up in the stat sheet). Prince is a much better on-ball defender.

With Prince, JJ, and Horford in the line-up, we'd have a pretty solid foundation for a good defense at the 2-4 spots (assuming Horford would move to the 4).

Granted, I wouldn't do a Smith for Prince deal straight up, but with Amir Johnson in there, it makes this deal look pretty nice considering the alternatives (overpaying Smith or getting nothing in return for him).

I agree.

Tayshaun Prince is good, but he's only a roleplayer, and I don't think I've seen Amir Johnson play for more than 5 minutes. Amir Johnson has done nothing more than Solomon Jones. Detroit has lost their mind if they think they can get Smoove for two nobodies.

(Ok, so maybe Prince isn't a nobody, but you get the point.)

Tayshaun averages 13 a game on a very good team where he is the 4th option. Smoove averages 17 a game on a below average team where he was the 2nd option. I think Tayshauns scoring would go up 3 or 4 points a game in Atlanta. Conversely I think if Smoove had been drafted by Detroit he would have been in a similar situation to Amir. He would have been behind the likes of Wallace and McDyss(sp) and would be much more of an unknown.

Amir is locked up for two more seasons(counting this upcoming season) and Prince is locked up for 3 more seasons. It might not be the best trade out there in terms of flashy. It terms of value and getting players who actually make sense and will help the Hawks. This one make the most sense.

According to realgm (who is just reprinting someone else's story), Detroit is not the EC team. They are interested in Smoove, but no standing offer is there. They said Atlanta wanted too much in return for him. What if the deal is with Cleveland?

Smoove/Speedy for Z/Joe Smith?

I know it's not exactly a sexy deal, but you gotta' admit, we get some vet big men to help us sooner, rather than later. Big Z has another year on his deal and Joe's coming off the books at the end of this season.

Bibby

Johnson

Williams

Horford

Ilgauskas

Doesn't look bad to me, but our days of running folks out the gym would be all but over.

Tayshaun averages 13 a game on a very good team where he is the 4th option. Smoove averages 17 a game on a below average team where he was the 2nd option. I think Tayshauns scoring would go up 3 or 4 points a game in Atlanta. Conversely I think if Smoove had been drafted by Detroit he would have been in a similar situation to Amir. He would have been behind the likes of Wallace and McDyss(sp) and would be much more of an unknown.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a roleplayer or the fact that Amir has done nothing in this league.

Amir is locked up for two more seasons(counting this upcoming season) and Prince is locked up for 3 more seasons. It might not be the best trade out there in terms of flashy. It terms of value and getting players who actually make sense and will help the Hawks. This one make the most sense.

The thing is, the trade really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Tayshaun is definitely better than Marvin, but he really isn't a big upgrade over Marvin. Amir Johnson is a tweener, anyways. He's got C height, but a SF body. I think at the absolute best, he'll be a Tyson Chandler-type player. He wouldn't start here in Atlanta, and will probably be like the 3rd big in our rotation.

According to realgm (who is just reprinting someone else's story), Detroit is not the EC team. They are interested in Smoove, but no standing offer is there. They said Atlanta wanted too much in return for him. What if the deal is with Cleveland?

Smoove/Speedy for Z/Joe Smith?

I know it's not exactly a sexy deal, but you gotta' admit, we get some vet big men to help us sooner, rather than later. Big Z has another year on his deal and Joe's coming off the books at the end of this season.

Bibby

Johnson

Williams

Horford

Ilgauskas

Doesn't look bad to me, but our days of running folks out the gym would be all but over.

This trade screams desperation. It's a horrible trade.

Prince is capable of more scoring but on the Pistons he's the fourth option.

I can find a youtube video of Smith hitting 3 3pters. That doesn't mean Smith is a good 3 point shooter. If Prince was really more capable of scoring than he has shown, he would have usurped Rasheed Wallace spot as the 3rd option. I can do all kinds of "ifs, would, should, could" situations. The reality is that Tayshaun Prince came into the league as a good roleplayer, and 5-6 years later, he still is.

I'm not clear on the financial details, but would Claxton need to be added to a Smith for Prince/Johnson deal to work?

Here's another question. If the Hawks dont give into the demands of Josh Smith....Would you rather have Smith for 1 year or Prince and Amir (and possibly Speedy off the books) for the next 2 to 3 years?

Edited by DawsonsCreek

It is becoming clear ASG is not giving into his demands despite the out cry. ASG has proven to care very little what the fans and media think. Which in some ways is a good thing. I would rather have Amir and Prince. Either way we trade Smoove this offseason or we lose him. Who knows he may become a huge distraction.

Smoove situation remind me of DeAngelo Hall. I didn't want him traded and knew it would be a huge mistake to do so. Falcons felt they were in no position to pay Hall his high contract demands and DeAngelo felt disrespected. It just got to the point where you take the best deal and move on. I think we are already at the stage with Smoove or getting close it.

It is becoming clear ASG is not giving into his demands despite the out cry. ASG has proven to care very little what the fans and media think. Which in some ways is a good thing. I would rather have Amir and Prince. Either way we trade Smoove this offseason or we lose him. Who knows he may become a huge distraction.

Smoove situation remind me of DeAngelo Hall. I didn't want him traded and knew it would be a huge mistake to do so. Falcons felt they were in no position to pay Hall his high contract demands and DeAngelo felt disrespected. It just got to the point where you take the best deal and move on. I think we are already at the stage with Smoove or getting close it.

If he takes the QO, he'll still be on our team. We could trade him during the season, although his value wouldn't be as high as it is now. We could also let him and Bibby walk, and use the available money to make a run at Kobe (or any other top-knotch FA that's going to be available). However, I'd rather not gamble and just try and get him resigned.

This is just wrong.

Amir Johnson has rode the bench just like Solomon Jones. He didn't do anything to stand out in the playoffs or even during the regular season, really. So how am I wrong ?

Please enlighten me.

Amir Johnson has rode the bench just like Solomon Jones. He didn't do anything to stand out in the playoffs or even during the regular season, really. So how am I wrong ?

Please enlighten me.

When he gets in the game he actually does stuff most the time. His blocks per minute are impressive. He rebounds pretty well too. Plus, he just seems really athletic. I'm not saying he's great, but unless I have the wrong impression of Solomon, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

When he gets in the game he actually does stuff most the time. His blocks per minute are impressive. He rebounds pretty well too. Plus, he just seems really athletic. I'm not saying he's great, but unless I have the wrong impression of Solomon, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Solo blocks shots and rebounds when he comes in also. and he's right Amir Johnson hasn't done anything either.