• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Sickening..

AtLaS

We had our best season in years, gave the champs a scare and have suffered through the development of all these young players for 4 years. We were FINALLY turning the corner for the first time in 10 years. And now, the ASG is contemplating getting rid of a hometown 22 year old with no injury history (who has UNHEARD of stats across the board) over a few million dollars? Do y'all realize how shameful that actually IS?? No other team sans the Clippers would do that. It's one thing if we weren't a playoff team or had no potential to get better, but that is not the case. You don't do that with an upcoming team, S&T's NEVER get back equal returns. S&T is only an option when you're capped out with no potential, or a player demands a trade. Only cheapness could be the cause of this tragedy. Why would the ASG not want to build on what happened this past season? Especially how much promise Smith showed in those home games.

It's NOT over a couple million, the ASG just don't want to pay up. It started with the Woodson hiring. I just don't see why they traded for Bibby if they were going to let this happen. Remember, the ASG considered resigning the Joshes as their TOP priority going into the offseason. Talk about liars, and downright hypocrites. I'm so jealous of other teams who have competent ownerships. It just pisses me off thinking about it. I'm literally nervous everyday when I load the forums because I'm just WAITING on the bad news.

Edited by AtLaS

We had our best season in years, gave the champs a scare and have suffered through the development of all these young players for 4 years. We were FINALLY turning the corner for the first time in 10 years. And now, the ASG is contemplating getting rid of a hometown 22 year old with no injury history (who has UNHEARD of stats across the board) over a few million dollars? Do y'all realize how shameful that actually IS?? No other team sans the Clippers would do that. It's one thing if we weren't a playoff team or had no potential to get better, but that is not the case. You don't do that with an upcoming team, S&T's NEVER get back equal returns. S&T is only an option when you're capped out with no potential, or a player demands a trade. Only cheapness could be the cause of this tragedy. Why would the ASG not want to build on what happened this past season? Especially how much promise Smith showed in those home games.

It's NOT over a couple million, the ASG just don't want to pay up. It started with the Woodson hiring. I just don't see why they traded for Bibby if they were going to let this happen. Remember, the ASG considered resigning the Joshes as their TOP priority going into the offseason. Talk about liars, and downright hypocrites. I'm so jealous of other teams who have competent ownerships. It just pisses me off thinking about it. I'm literally nervous everyday when I load the forums because I'm just WAITING on the bad news.

I feel the same way that you do and it sucks.

Amen, my brotha!

Those idiots could've just shelled out the cash on July 1 or right before (what WAS did with Jamison). Speaking of Washington, did anyone else see Arenas say they were going to dedicate this season to their owner (I think that's what he said) for being so dedicated to winning and spending money?

How many times has JJ or Smoove endorsed our ownershi7?

And not only do these idiots refuse to spend money, they talk in the media like this whole thing is calculated out, and when you email them or listen on the radio, all they say is "We ensure you we are evaluating every player and coach every day of the week." It's like a copy and pasted or automated response by email or a sound clip that the stations put on because they know this is what the owners will say.

OK, if they are evaluating our players and coaches every day, wouldn't it make sense to have fired Mike Woodson, who halfway through this season, had 90 wins through 3.5 seasons? Or to bring in a true PG after 4 years of futile attempts by Royal Ivey and other 5"8 PG's to lead this team?

I predict we will hear news via a Sekou Blog at either 9:58 AM or 10:18 AM tomorrow.

Keep checking. :Praying:

I just don't understand it, why trade expiring contracts for Bibby whom they have to pay $15 million next season if they're going to get cheap now?? I guess reason can't be acquired when dealing with an ownership like this. I mean, we were FINALLY turning the corner, and they want to get rid of the 2nd best player on a PLAYOFF team that took the champs to 7 games who is only 22 years old?? There is NO team that would do that, over a couple million dollars? That is absolutely terrible.

We are screwed forever if that indeed happens, no FA will want to come here. None, especially after they conned Joe into thinking they were trying to build something here.

Instead of have signed the Joshes and wondering what complimentary pieces will be signed(Evans & Morris) the Hawks maybe on the verge of losing both young key players. Both of whom they said they would resign.

This has to be the worst case scenario this offseason after last season keeping both draft picks and going to the playoffs. The ASG are showing why teams with stable ownership and front offices are the most successful.

Instead of have signed the Joshes and wondering what complimentary pieces will be signed(Evans & Morris) the Hawks maybe on the verge of losing both young key players. Both of whom they said they would resign.

This has to be the worst case scenario this offseason after last season keeping both draft picks and going to the playoffs. The ASG are showing why teams with stable ownership and front offices are the most successful.

Losing Smoove isn't the end of the world.

We could still pursue Okafor, who is bigger, and might demand a little less than Smoove.

I just don't understand it, why trade expiring contracts for Bibby whom they have to pay $15 million next season if they're going to get cheap now??

They haven't lost Smith yet but if they do that definitely has to make you wonder what was going through their minds (if anything) when they traded for Bibby.

I can't believe they would be dumb enough to let Smith go. I'll believe it when i see it.

Losing Smoove isn't the end of the world.

We could still pursue Okafor, who is bigger, and might demand a little less than Smoove.

No we can't. We have over $53 million in salaries committed for next season and the cap is $58 million. We don't have the capspace to make a major free agent offer.

They haven't lost Smith yet but if they do that definitely has to make you wonder what was going through their minds (if anything) when they traded for Bibby.

I can't believe they would be dumb enough to let Smith go. I'll believe it when i see it.

It just seems like they aren't committed to resigning him and are pursuing a sign and trade. You don't do that with young potential players (especially one who is already your 2nd best player) on promising playoff teams unless they demand a trade, have injury concerns, or don't have much potential. The reason being is because you never get equal returns in trades with players like that. Even if Smith doesn't improve any more, he's a very good player. But it's VERY likely that he will become much better. There is just no S&T that could possibly make this team better now or in the long run. Only cheapness would pursue one in this situation.

No we can't. We have over $53 million in salaries committed for next season and the cap is $58 million. We don't have the capspace to make a major free agent offer.

I don't understand this contract sh!t. If signing Okafor makes us over the cap of 58, wouldn't Smoove also make us over 58?

I don't understand this contract sh!t. If signing Okafor makes us over the cap of 58, wouldn't Smoove also make us over 58?

The CBA allows teams to resign their own players to any contract regardless of the cap as long as they hold their rights.

I am not going to go over the edge unless we actually fail to resign Smith. I still think it will get done.

I agree, I am probably just steaming from the way this offseason has unfolded thus far. Are you not dissatisfied with the way they have handled it, especially with the promise this team showed closing out the season? Using history as evidence, I just can't be optimistic about this situation.

The fact that they are even entertaining S&T's is bad, because everyone KNOWS they won't get equal value.

Edited by AtLaS

I agree, I am probably just steaming from the way this offseason has unfolded thus far. Are you not dissatisfied with the way they have handled it, especially with the promise this team showed closing out the season? Using history as evidence, I just can't be optimistic about this situation.

The fact that they are even entertaining S&T's is bad, because everyone KNOWS they won't get equal value.

Actually i doubt it is so much the ASG entertaining SNT offers as it is Smith's agents pursuing them.

• Premium Member

Yeah.... I feel the same. I'm trying not to get caught up in the panic, but man the ASG isn't making this easy. This has to rank as one of the most uninspiring offseasons I've seen in years.

Yeah.... I feel the same. I'm trying not to get caught up in the panic, but man the ASG isn't making this easy. This has to rank as one of the most uninspiring offseasons I've seen in years.

Did you forget about the summer of '06 already?