Randolph Morris And Mo Evans Will Sign Tomorrow

GTfan44

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I hope he proves me wrong but I don't care about the Morris signing. I don't think he is an NBA ready player. I still think we need a big guy for the bench.

I am a fan of the Evan signing. Its a good pickup.

Now get the Smith situation done (either the trade or the signing).

I'm guessing that we signed him because he is as cheap as it gets. Other than him helping us move Al to the 4, I don't see him being a productive player.

I hope he proves me wrong but I don't care about the Morris signing. I don't think he is an NBA ready player. I still think we need a big guy for the bench.

I am a fan of the Evan signing. Its a good pickup.

Now get the Smith situation done (either the trade or the signing).

Get him signed..... no trade

I don't believe in letting young talent go. That is crazy... we take him and then let him get better for another team. <_<

• Admin
Get him signed..... no trade

I don't believe in letting young talent go. That is crazy... we take him and then let him get better for another team. <_<

Honestly I don't want to trade him either but I want us to move forward. This doing nothing is getting old.

I agree he isn't exactly the best center in the league but he has potential and he is a big body to help clog up the middle. Zaza can't handle it all and Horford is undersized and best suited as a power forward so we need another big body desperately which I dont have to tell anybody. However knowing the ASG, we are lucky if they do anything at all!!!!!! So im just happy to see that they have actually done SOMETHING!

Good move. We now have a big, cheap center. Better than a second round pick because he's had some NBA

experience - Signed for the minimum and 2 years.

6'11" and 270 Lbs. Just maybe a little sweetner to lure Josh Smith back, as they were team mates before their

NBA career began. Might not mean much to JS, but every little bit counts!!

Now, let's get Smith signed and in the fold!!

:D

I can't help but notice the length and the money they are not giving out. These guys are really bargain shopping right about now. They are gonna have to put some money down to be competitive.

I dont even know if Morris can take Solomon's minutes. At the very least he can be a foul machine :P

Edited by DawsonsCreek

I found this interesting about Randolph Morris:

The jewel of the nation's top recruiting class is 7-foot center Randolph Morris , who nearly entered the NBA draft before choosing Kentucky over Georgia Tech . (Morris, however, didn't endear himself to Wildcats fans by saying he chose Kentucky in part because the school isn't as rigorous academically as Georgia Tech .)

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...32165/index.htm

Of course everyone knew he was going to be a one and done - although not being drafted made it a little wierder of a situation - but I still find him saying he chose Kentucky because they have lower standards is a little telling of Morris' personality. He isn't a guy that is going to work hard for something. Even with a lack of work ethic though, that still doesn't mean he couldn't be a good player.

I found this interesting about Randolph Morris:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...32165/index.htm

Of course everyone knew he was going to be a one and done - although not being drafted made it a little wierder of a situation - but I still find him saying he chose Kentucky because they have lower standards is a little telling of Morris' personality. He isn't a guy that is going to work hard for something. Even with a lack of work ethic though, that still doesn't mean he couldn't be a good player.

I don't think that he won't work hard for something but I do think he has some character issues. For his price I am willing to overlook those things because he still is 7 feet tall. Also, choosing UK over Georgia Tech hurt Randolph and his family more than most people know.

I don't think that he won't work hard for something but I do think he has some character issues. For his price I am willing to overlook those things because he still is 7 feet tall. Also, choosing UK over Georgia Tech hurt Randolph and his family more than most people know.

Didn't he leave Kentucky and didnt even tell the coaches he was going pro, then he went back to school after he knew that his draft stock wasnt going to be that high?

Like you said hes not costing alot. Might as well see what happends.

Edited by DawsonsCreek

Didn't he leave Kentucky and didnt even tell the coaches he was going pro, then he went back to school after he knew that his draft stock wasnt going to be that high?

Like you said hes not costing alot. Might as well see what happends.

Yea, he left and sent a fax telling Tubby Smith that he was leaving.

Why do people believe Morris can do something? He couldn;t find minutes in NY and no other team seems interested in him. Should have signed Kwame... Guess he wasn't cheap enough.

Why would Kwame accept 3 million from us (the most we could offer) when he could get 4 million from the Pistons?

Why do people believe Morris can do something? He couldn't find minutes in NY and no other team seems interested in him. Should have signed Kwame... Guess he wasn't cheap enough.

lol like New York ever makes a good decision in....well,ANYTHING. Just because nobody was beating down the door for him doesn't mean he can't help our team.