• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Pierce Is Hilarious

macdaddy

• Moderators
Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans. (Update: OK, Lakers Nation is pretty upset, too.)

Then checkout the first comment. Even more hilarious:

Good thing he didn't cross that line... man would he have looked like a jerk!

What a tool. As another person said he's not even the best player on his team.

As much as I don't like Paul Pierce, there's nothing wrong with that. He just won Finals MVP and his team beat the brakes off of Kobe's team. He's got bragging rights, and for now Kobe has to suck it up. With all that said, Kobe Bryant really is the best player in the league, though.

As much as I don't like Paul Pierce, there's nothing wrong with that. He just won Finals MVP and his team beat the brakes off of Kobe's team. He's got bragging rights, and for now Kobe has to suck it up. With all that said, Kobe Bryant really is the best player in the league, though.

Yup. There's nothing you can really do to refute it, other than a what-if situation in a one-on-one game. But this is what I feared about the Celtics winning: All their [players AND fans can talk some big s***, and everybody else can't do anything but get mad. :( :P

• 2 weeks later...

you guys must not be hoopers. why is someone asking him to say Kobe is the best? If you are a pro then you should be confident in your abilities. PP may or may not really think he's better than Kobe, but asking him to admit it publicly is too much. He's a competitor.

BTW, he just won finals MVP in a series with the player in question. If I'm in his shoes I say the same thing.