• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where Have You Seen Nba Players?

Boomer

Thought we could use a lighthearted thread with no arguing about Marvin or Smoove. Anyone have cool stories about meeting NBA players or just seeing them out and about?

A couple summers ago I was living out in LA and saw Luke Walton, Kareem Rush, Richard Jefferson, and Brian Cook in Hermosa Beach. I also saw Jason Williams (Duke PG) at a bar later that day. He had a bunch of girls around him dancing on the bar and stuff.

Also while in LA, I played pickup ball at this outdoor court in Santa Monica (not the famous one, a smaller one that's not on the beach) and got to play against Mark Jackson (2nd all time in assists). He posted me up a couple times, but was never really looking for his own shot, just trying to pass. His son was playing with us too, he was probably 16 and kinda portly, but was still pretty good.

About 3 months ago I was having lunch with some coworkers at Taurus restaurant on Peachtree and 25th St and Barkley came walking in with a middle aged guy and his son. It's a nice restaurant, but Barkley was just wearing gym shorts and a t shirt. My boss asked him when he was gonna run for governor of Alabama and he said 2012. He also said he can't screw up Alabama, they're already the worst state in the country, haha.

Edited by Boomer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad was on an elevator with moses malone. He said he was gracious and utterly massive.

Awesome!

I just rememberd another one. Probably about 10 years ago, I was at a hummer dealership on cobb parkway for an open house event they were having. Towards the end of the day Steve Smith rolled up in a porcshe and took a hummer for a test drive. I don't know if he ended up buying one or not.

10 points for using the word "portly."

Haha, thanks.

I live pretty close to Philips now and have seen Joe Johnson's massive truck (Ford F650 or something) a couple times, and I also saw Chill driving in a SL55 one time. The windows were tinted, but I could make out the silhouette of his massive afro as it went by.

haha nice thread, i work valet and see these guys all the time. Charles Barkley(suv i thik it was Escalade), Oakley(Bentley), Smoove(s 500), Zaza(Range), Horford(range), Joe(range), Crittenton(Cls 550), Iverson(dodge magnum,but someone was driving him), the whole Georgia Tech basketball team, drove Paul Hewits suv. Bunch of Braves player, Francouer(Lexus suv), Kelly(4ru, Boyer(truck), Devine(caddy). Thrashers plyers, Hossa(porche cayene) all the time, Kari Lehtonen(benz), Brad Larsen(Bmw 6 series), Holik(truck), Slater(range), Perrin, Bloton(truck).

Bunch of nfl players, i talked to Donovan Mcnab at the parking lot at 3 am cause one of his friends lost the keys. Dangelo Hall(rollsroyce) gave every valet a 20 when he signed that contract. he had a party at justins. Lavar Arrington, Coleman, Milloy

Also Bynum and Evans last week. I am sure i forgot most of them.

Edited by ZmajodBosne

I've seen Jalen Rose riding in his 'vert down peachtree at the old First Union building. I used to see John Battle, Doc Rivers, Dion Glover, and many other NBA players at the 10 Street Jock's and Jill's.

I bet those giant rocks he always has in his ears were blinding in the sun!

haha nice thread, i work valet and see these guys all the time. Charles Barkley(suv i thik it was Escalade), Oakley(Bentley), Smoove(s 500), Zaza(Range), Horford(range), Joe(range), Crittenton(Cls 550), Iverson(dodge magnum,but someone was driving him), the whole Georgia Tech basketball team, drove Paul Hewits suv. Bunch of Braves player, Francouer(Lexus suv), Kelly(4ru, Boyer(truck), Devine(caddy). Thrashers plyers, Hossa(porche cayene) all the time, Kari Lehtonen(benz), Brad Larsen(Bmw 6 series), Holik(truck), Slater(range), Perrin, Bloton(truck).

Bunch of nfl players, i talked to Donovan Mcnab at the parking lot at 3 am cause one of his friends lost the keys. Dangelo Hall(rollsroyce) gave every valet a 20 when he signed that contract. he had a party at justins. Lavar Arrington, Coleman, Milloy

Also Bynum and Evans last week. I am sure i forgot most of them.

Excellent!

At perimeter mall one summer about 20 years ago, I saw Kevin Willis and Spud Webb ordering food at Wendy's. Kevin's head was even with the overhang and he had to duck just to place his order. Spud looked like he was Willis's kid. It was sureal to see them standing next to each other. Like looking at the Green Giant and a Midget side by side...

Edited by jamesdcrockett