David Andersen On Espn2

Duff_Man

It was on earlier, but only if you get ESPN360, some of us aren't lucky enough to have an internet/cable provider that will man up and pay for the service.

I gotta say, we aren't really a team like the other countries. All we do is iso, if we played together and passed the ball around we could be good but we probably have too many egos to do that.

It was on earlier, but only if you get ESPN360, some of us aren't lucky enough to have an internet/cable provider that will man up and pay for the service.

I gotta say, we aren't really a team like the other countries. All we do is iso, if we played together and passed the ball around we could be good but we probably have too many egos to do that.

Agreed. The 1992 team (I think that was the year) understood that and all played sleflessly. Our guys all look like they're going for 30 points.

I had no idea. Well, most people here have jobs. Except Diesel.

LOL that is true. I have a job too cept boss is very gracious. In restauraunt biz, breakfast esp. things can be dead one second and ridiculous the next.

I still want to know who Diesel really is. He never answers these things.

Agreed. The 1992 team (I think that was the year) understood that and all played sleflessly. Our guys all look like they're going for 30 points.

It's easy to look back on that 92 squad and think how dominant they were and how selfless they played and all that, but maybe they were just so much more physically talented than the rest of the world that it appeared that way. Is it possible that in the last 15 years the rest of the world has caught up to us? I haven't watched any of these games and probably won't so you're probably right our guys are probably playing selfish basketball.

It's easy to look back on that 92 squad and think how dominant they were and how selfless they played and all that, but maybe they were just so much more physically talented than the rest of the world that it appeared that way. Is it possible that in the last 15 years the rest of the world has caught up to us? I haven't watched any of these games and probably won't so you're probably right our guys are probably playing selfish basketball.

They were probably a little better, but they played like a team and had sound fundamentals. These guys are out there making stupid passes and isolating. It's insane. It is almost like they haven't watched tape of previous years. Nobody makes cuts. Ugh...so frustrating right now.

They were probably a little better, but they played like a team and had sound fundamentals. These guys are out there making stupid passes and isolating. It's insane. It is almost like they haven't watched tape of previous years. Nobody makes cuts. Ugh...so frustrating right now.

You got me interested so I clicked over and you're right these guys look pathetic.

You're right. Its much tougher to make isolation plays in FIBA ball. Not only is the 3 point line closer, but the whole court is physically smaller, so there is less room to move, plus there is no defensive 3 seconds, so teams can just hang in the key. Also defenders are allowed much more hand-checking of the ball handler.

You're right. Its much tougher to make isolation plays in FIBA ball. Not only is the 3 point line closer, but the whole court is physically smaller, so there is less room to move, plus there is no defensive 3 seconds, so teams can just hang in the key. Also defenders are allowed much more hand-checking of the ball handler.

Andersen sure looks like a guy that could help us this year. Hell add Bruton (sp?) to that list as well too with the way he is playing.

Andersen sure looks like a guy that could help us this year. Hell add Bruton (sp?) to that list as well too with the way he is playing.

Yeah CJ Bruton is a decent player, but I think his backup Patrick Mills will end up being a better PG in a few years time.