• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Q&a With Hawks Forward Marvin Williams

Cwell

Thanks for the article. Very informative. Hopefully, this shuts up Walter and Diesel.

The odds of that happening are probably about the same as the odds of the Hawks asking me to try out for the team.

Very good news though. The added weight will hopefully help him posting up and finishing after contact on his drives. The 3 pt shooting is a must.

Guys, he simply put weight on as result of natural maduration, he is a 22 year athlete, it's normal that his body will evolve with the years. The thing I wan to see is if he is still as quick as he was with 233 to play SF, that seems he is. He has very good tools to become special, he just have to believe in himself and drive to the rim more consistently (actually he did last year) and add the 3pt shot to his game, he is working on that. Adding this things and if Woody gives him the role he should be (2nd scorer) he will do well.

I have the feeling that with Childress gone he will play more consistently and finally explodes this year. I allways thought he could have something similar McGrady, show some upside the first three years and explode the 4th. Have some faith in the guy, we already lost Paul and Williams, we won't earn anything of hating the guy, he still can be a top SF on the league and I bet he will be here or out of here! (sadly more likely he will become top SF out of here with all the Paul's stuff he has here...)

You need to repeat that a thousand times over.

More weight and 3 pointers?

Extend this man.

We should wait and see how he does on the court before doing anything else. I'm excited to see what Marvin's got to show us after his attempts to get get in the offseason. Sounds like he's working hard, but I'd rather we wait and see how he does before really extending him.

We should wait and see how he does on the court before doing anything else. I'm excited to see what Marvin's got to show us after his attempts to get get in the offseason. Sounds like he's working hard, but I'd rather we wait and see how he does before really extending him.

I would try to extend him now.

Those who take no risk have no success. It's a risk to extend him before he blows up.

But his ego hasn't matured yet either. An extension would be relatively cheap.

And if we wait til he lives up to the hype, he will NOT come cheap.

We still have Al and Joe coming up to re-sign. If we can extend MW while he is not a hot commodity, we ought to do it.

He has the form, the smooth shot, the clutch free throw. If he now has strength but has kept his quickness, and can hit from 3, we may be glad we locked him down.

Edited by Johann

For those that questioned what going to college does for someone, you now have your evidence. Marvin has matured. I noticed it some last year interview, but this one really shows that he knows what he needs to do to be an effective SF.

A 245 lbs SF is a beast to handle. The only worry is if his lateral movement may slowed somewhat. However, he may have simply grown into that big frame of his and he'll actually be more athletic.

I hope Woodson recognizes what he now has:

A 6'8" 235 lbs SG

A 6'9" 245 lbs SF

JJ and Marvin should be living in the post this season. There aren't many SGs that can defend JJ when he posts up. At that size and strength, Marvin is also going to be extremely difficult to handle for any SF not named Artest or LeBron.

Man I am hyped about seeing Marvin and the gang now.

I would try to extend him now.

Those who take no risk have no success. It's a risk to extend him before he blows up.

But his ego hasn't matured yet either. An extension would be relatively cheap.

And if we wait til he lives up to the hype, he will NOT come cheap.

We still have Al and Joe coming up to re-sign. If we can extend MW while he is not a hot commodity, we ought to do it.

He has the form, the smooth shot, the clutch free throw. If he now has strength but has kept his quickness, and can hit from 3, we may be glad we locked him down.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

Hey Floyd - wanna see him hit a single flocking 3 before you say that? Is the +20 really muscle?

For Gosh sakes - people who say ish like this before they see anything should simply be put in irons.

What does it matter what I know? Obviously, if it's the truth the organization will know, and they're the ones who do the signings.

What does it matter what I know? Obviously, if it's the truth the organization will know, and they're the ones who do the signings.

Yes well...I suppose you are right....the ASG has proven themselves to be Pros..

Actually....to be fair....they are doing a heckuva lot better once the BK "ball and chain" isn't around their necks anymore. I always said (and have posted) that BK was the biggest problem this org. ever had..............good riddance.