• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"the Championship Window"

AmishBoy

:nono:

I believe Hawk's "veteran" front court are all age 22 or thereabouts.

Smith, Williams and Horford should be better this season, simply because

they have played together for a season.

Who else has 3 great young starters up front? And, with playoff experience

to go with being veteran players at age 22?

With J Chill being gone, we will not be the same team that ended last season.

Our bench will be different - Whether it's better over all, we'll just have to

wait and see. But, ALL our starters are back for another try.

We're not to that championship window. Not yet. But we can see it in our

future. That's more than we could hope for a short time ago when we had

13 wins for the season.

As much as I love Joe, Dirk can do what he does except shoot more accurately AND be 7 feet tall.

The dude is one of the most efficient scorers in the history of the game and he's a good defensive rebounder, good passer, and has turned into a solid team defender.

Uhh.... When did Dirk become a solid defender? And a good passer? Joe does both of these things better than Dirk. Nor can Dirk really take defenders off the dribble or use his 7 foot frame well.

This being said, Dirk is a good player but I would take Joe over him anyday, MVP "award" or not.

I don't know if we're allowed to do that. Oh, wait. This is a message board. Anyone can start a thread. It's really not that hard.

But it is apparently hard to understand that the Hawks will never have a "championship window" so long as the ASG owns the team. We will not have a "winning record window" as long as Mike Woodson is the "coach".

Understanding the dynamic of the Hawks is frustrating, but ... it's really not that hard.

Uhh.... When did Dirk become a solid defender? And a good passer? Joe does both of these things better than Dirk. Nor can Dirk really take defenders off the dribble or use his 7 foot frame well.

This being said, Dirk is a good player but I would take Joe over him anyday, MVP "award" or not.

I've seen worse defenders considered better by some. I like what Dirk brings to the table. His game is in many ways more aesthetically pleasing than Joe's. I can only watch Joe go one on one so many times.

We might have a hard time just making the playoffs again next year. As it stands now, I'd probably put these teams higher than us:

Boston

Detroit

Washington

Toronto

Cleveland

Orlando

Philly

I think we can be better than Washington,Toronto, and Orlando. Maybe even the Pistons because they're main guys are aging.

I've seen worse defenders considered better by some. I like what Dirk brings to the table. His game is in many ways more aesthetically pleasing than Joe's. I can only watch Joe go one on one so many times.

I can watch that more than watching soft Dirk throw up jumpshots and avoid contact and miss important FT's.

But it is apparently hard to understand that the Hawks will never have a "championship window" so long as the ASG owns the team. We will not have a "winning record window" as long as Mike Woodson is the "coach".

Understanding the dynamic of the Hawks is frustrating, but ... it's really not that hard.

In the words of Val Kilmer playing Doc Holiday, "I'm your Huckleberry". I'm willing to bet, money going to Hawksquawk of course, that the Hawks "winning record window" starts this season.

Oh and again, you can still start a new thread.