• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you realize that the Hawks' only real trading chip is...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

...Solomon Jones.

1. JJ and Horford are untouchable.

2. Smith is BYC.

3. Evans & Morris can't be traded until 12/15.

4. Bibby is worth more on the court than as a trading chip. Plus, you can't rely on Law just yet...

5. Law hasn't proven anything yet, so his value is far less than his worth to the Hawks.

6. Claxton is, well, Claxton.

7. Pachulia is a necessary big.

8. Marvin's expiring status greatly negates any potential value he has.

Who does that leave?

Solomon Jones...who likely has next to no value. Perhaps a rebuilding team out west might want him. Memphis or OKC might give a protected 2nd rounder for him.

Things will change by January/February, but I was amused when I thought about this...

Wrong! It is and will be Bibby! I seriously believe Bib will be gone before the trade dead line and there will be a new Law in the lineup.:hush:

Most think Marvin is the key to us being a good team. I think it is Law. If Law plays well then we can do away with bib's big contract, focus on signing JJ and make better use with the extra money.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member
Wrong! It is and will be Bibby! I seriously believe Bib will be gone before the trade dead line and there will be a new Law in the lineup. :hush:

Statistically, Law was one of the worst players in the NBA last year. It's a mistake to expect him to be the starting PG on a borderline playoff team.

In fact, a healthy Claxton is the best backup PG on the Hawks right now. Law certainly will get better, but he's got a LONG way to go.

I agree that Solo has no value, but that the bottom two guys on your list are probably our top contenders and I don't see them bringing us anything near what they are worth. Highly unlikely. there will be no trades unitl the deadline.

With Chillz gone we dare not trade Marvin. He (Marvin) will need to continue to improve defensively and rebound well (be that put back guy). His passion is shooting so there is no worry about him improving in that area. We needs to scout well and do not add any bad contracts.

If Speedy is healthy we will have a wealth of depth and the bigs are to be the focus. Trading is out right now. Unless it is Law for Crittenton.

With Chillz gone we dare not trade Marvin. He (Marvin) will need to continue to improve defensively and rebound well (be that put back guy). His passion is shooting so there is no worry about him improving in that area. We needs to scout well and do not add any bad contracts.

If Speedy is healthy we will have a wealth of depth and the bigs are to be the focus. Trading is out right now. Unless it is Law for Crittenton.

and that would be stupid

I don't see Bibby traded because his expiring contract is very valuable to this team. Trading him away basically adds more payroll to the team unless it is for expiring contracts, and if that is the case we probably won't be gaining that much more talent.

I agree, I can't see any trades being made anytime soon. Maybe during the season but not now.

I don't see Bibby traded because his expiring contract is very valuable to this team. Trading him away basically adds more payroll to the team unless it is for expiring contracts, and if that is the case we probably won't be gaining that much more talent.

I agree, I can't see any trades being made anytime soon. Maybe during the season but not now.

U do have a good point Billy. I do think Bibby's money coming off will be the big key to this team becoming a real contender. If Law and Marvin steps it up this year.... WATCH OUT WORLD!

• Premium Member
Law and Speedy with be our PGs.... Bank it. This team is worried more about JJ then trying to resign Bibby.

If Speedy is healthy, I wouldn't cry too much if he's the starter. But you're desperately going to miss Bibby's ability to hit that perimeter shot.

ATP, Law = Telfair. A backup PG.

One thing that I have learned from watching pro-sports. Never think that a team can't trade itself out of something, good or bad. It never ceases to amaze me what some GMs will take on. See Atlanta being able to trade Glenn Robinson and Ratliff. At the same time, see Atlanta trading for that pyscho nut job Isah Rider (could this be the 2nd worst trade in Atl history? Top 5 at least).

That said, I agree that the Hawks don't have much to trade right now. Let's see how the season develops and what Sund does in terms of moves. It sounds like Sund is reserving the remainder of the MLE and LLE to give himself room to manuever (e.g., picking up a waived player or a player later in the season as an injury replacement).

I agree that at the trade deadline you will probably see Bibby moved. while we might not be able to pull of the fleecing that LA was able to for Gasol, It shows that very big expiring contracts can be worth a whole heck of a lot to a team who wants to dump salary and start over.

This is also extremely dependent on Acie Law stepping up his game (I seriously believe he will be a strong contender for 6th man of the year; don't ask me why, gut feeling) and Speedy staying relatively healthy so that we can afford to move Bibby.

• Premium Member
...Solomon Jones.

1. JJ and Horford are untouchable.

2. Smith is BYC.

3. Evans & Morris can't be traded until 12/15.

4. Bibby is worth more on the court than as a trading chip. Plus, you can't rely on Law just yet...

5. Law hasn't proven anything yet, so his value is far less than his worth to the Hawks.

6. Claxton is, well, Claxton.

7. Pachulia is a necessary big.

8. Marvin's expiring status greatly negates any potential value he has.

Who does that leave?

Solomon Jones...who likely has next to no value. Perhaps a rebuilding team out west might want him. Memphis or OKC might give a protected 2nd rounder for him.

Things will change by January/February, but I was amused when I thought about this...

Solo is just not an NBA player at this point. He may end up being a 12th man on somebody's squad and at most a fringe player.

I agree that at the trade deadline you will probably see Bibby moved. while we might not be able to pull of the fleecing that LA was able to for Gasol, It shows that very big expiring contracts can be worth a whole heck of a lot to a team who wants to dump salary and start over.

This is also extremely dependent on Acie Law stepping up his game (I seriously believe he will be a strong contender for 6th man of the year; don't ask me why, gut feeling) and Speedy staying relatively healthy so that we can afford to move Bibby.

As much as it would pain me to see Bibby go, I agree that his expiring contract will have huge value. I also agree that it is dependent on Acie's development.