• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite thing about going to Philips

Boomer

I personally like going to the CNN center early and putting back a couple of those giant 44oz beers from Gordons (whatever that place on the corner is called, opposite of Great Wraps). Sometimes I'll go for one 44oz and one 32oz. That usually keeps me happy throughout the game :) I can't bring myself to spend 7 or 8 bucks on a 12oz beer inside the stadium.

I only wish they would show a pregame show on the giant TV in the CNN center instead of whatever crap they usually have on.

I personally like going to the CNN center early and putting back a couple of those giant 44oz beers from Gordons (whatever that place on the corner is called, opposite of Great Wraps). Sometimes I'll go for one 44oz and one 32oz. That usually keeps me happy throughout the game :) I can't bring myself to spend 7 or 8 bucks on a 12oz beer inside the stadium.

I only wish they would show a pregame show on the giant TV in the CNN center instead of whatever crap they usually have on.

What's the ticket on those big drinks? I'd rather do that than something illegal (knock down some tallboys on the way).

That place is money. For a Friday/Saturday game, I definitely hit the 44 and chase it with a 32. Then I don't have to spend a dime on overpriced beer at the game.

1. Beer in CNN Center ! :beer:

2. Booty shaking by the cheerleaders:a**:

3. KISS CAM !!! :kiss:

4. For the Lakers game they had an awsome Michael Jackson spoof where Harry the Hawk did a good impression. More of that would be good.

5. The ZaZa / Rocky videos they showed in the playoffs should be a regular every time ZaZa commits a hard foul !

Edited by coachx

Nice! I forgot about the in-game entertainment. I like the kiss cam. The sprite jam cam went downhill last year in my opinion. The home depot game eats! I wish they'd get rid of it. The halftime shows weren't that great last year either (the games I went to anyway).

lol...I've only been to Philips once, for a Thrashers game at that (I know, I know, let the fun poking begin)...but the Kiss cam was priceless. They zoomed to a guy that looked like he was stoned. Two seats down was a flamin' hot blonde; and when he leaned in she slapped the f-in crap out of him. I haven't laughed that hard many times in my life.

Me personally I like the free stuff they used to give out. Like the bobble heads etc. I also like the Kiss cam until they play the same ones over and over again. Except when they put it to the players. I love that each and every time. Other than that I just love being around other Hawks fans.

Me personally I like the free stuff they used to give out. Like the bobble heads etc. I also like the Kiss cam until they play the same ones over and over again. Except when they put it to the players. I love that each and every time. Other than that I just love being around other Hawks fans.

Yeah, can't go wrong with free stuff. I'm sure Diesel will like that I gave away my Marvin bobble head. I got some free white towels at a game last year that I still use. Oh, and one of those girls that walks around through the stands with the backpack giving away goodies gave me a mini cheer cone for being the loudest fan in the area. That was pretty cool.

I enjoy the drum-line that plays almost every game. I also enjoy being one of thousands of people trying to go down that skinny escalator after the game.

I also enjoy being one of thousands of people trying to go down that skinny escalator after the game.

Oh man, good call. I hope whoever decided the upper level needed only two escalators for the whole arena got fired. :beat: I also hope they stop trying to stop me from taking the emergency stairs instead. The stairwell is huge, so they obviously designed that with a large number of people in mind. I don't know what they were thinking with the two skinny escalators.

There's a pretty bad choke point on the ground level too, near the CNN center entrance and to the left of the merchandise shop.

Thanks for the beer direction. I usually have my kids with me but if I'm ever flying solo, hello 44oz! :beer11: :beer11: :beer11:

lol...I've only been to Philips once, for a Thrashers game at that (I know, I know, let the fun poking begin)...but the Kiss cam was priceless. They zoomed to a guy that looked like he was stoned. Two seats down was a flamin' hot blonde; and when he leaned in she slapped the f-in crap out of him. I haven't laughed that hard many times in my life.

hahaha owned.

owned.jpg

I enjoy the drum-line that plays almost every game. I also enjoy being one of thousands of people trying to go down that skinny escalator after the game.

That's one thing I like. As far as I know, we're the only team in the NBA that has a drumline, and they really make some noise up there.

But my favorite thing, honestly, is the fact that there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I've sat pretty much everywhere there is to sit in that building (Yes, I did sit at courtside one game and it was AWESOME.), and the view is still pretty good. Even at the top, it's a great view since you get to see everything (and I mean everything).