Young's four-hour absence spurs call first to Titans, then police

By Paul Kuharsky

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: September 9, 2008, 1:20 PM ET

* Comment

* Email

* Print

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville police were asked to search for Vince Young on Monday evening after family members placed a call to the Tennessee Titans informing them of their concern for the quarterback's state of mind.

Vince Young

Young

According to Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Young "abruptly" left his home in Williamson County at around 7 p.m. Monday without his cell phone. Those with him at his home, including family members, were "concerned with his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

Police issued a bulletin to all on-duty officers to be on the lookout for Young and negotiators were also placed on standby, a procedure that is common in such situations, Aaron said.

why does everyone compare vince to vick? vick was a good qb even though he would only put up average qb numbers. vince young just isnt that good. 9 tds and 17 interceptions? i have seen the games that vince has played and i have to say that vince you just isnt that good.

hes is a super duper poor mans vick. and that aint no compliment when your talking about vince young

how much yall wanna bet the titans score more with collins at qb than with vince at qb.

i hope vick doesnt come back to atlanta. It isnt a race thing more like a black view vs white view thing but im not gonna start because thats for a totally different topic.

Edited by hoodstar

Don't even get me started...this guy is following Vick's career path and as a Titans fan I am sick. So much promise. :brick wall:

EDIT- and WHAT THE F*** I just read Joey Harrington is in town for a workout...NOOOOOOOOOO.....

Vince Young and Titan fans can only pray that Young is ever even half as good as Vick. Vick would put the Titans in the AFCCG at least.