• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Chad Ford chat at 1 PM Eastern

gsuteke

Well, I tried. But of course Ford just spewed his typical "hate the Hawks" rhetoric.

Daniel (Atlanta, GA): Got any love for the Hawks this year? Can they make the playoffs again? And is this the year that Josh Smith becomes a superstar?

Chad Ford: (1:26 PM ET ) Really? I have to love them? I don't actually. I think the loss of Josh Childress really hurt and I think that Mike Bibby's on the downside of his career. They have no bench. One major injury and they're toast. Let's all hope Acie Law shows some signs of life this year ... because Rodney Stuckey (the guy they passed on to draft Law) is looking like a good candidate for sixth man of the year.

I can understand the "no bench" comment because no one is really proven other than Evans. But Bibby on the downside. Is he a superstar? No, but that doesn't make him washed up. He's younger than Billups, A. Miller, Kidd, Nash, and Iverson. And every team would want those players despite their age.

If he's healthy this year, which he appears to be, I'm looking for a very strong year.

Thanks for trying Daniel...he and Hollinger are Class A jackasses.

"They have no bench"??? WTF? He has no brains is more like it.

I sent him one and he is ignoring it. Just the usual will the Hawks repeat a playoff appearance and if not, what would you do to make our team better?

He really does not like us; and the only reason I can come up with is we have made him look bad in the past with his predictions and he does not forget very easily .... I bet when we traded for Shareef and Theo way back when, he probably predicted best team in the east; we all know how that worked out...

I can understand the "no bench" comment because no one is really proven other than Evans. But Bibby on the downside. Is he a superstar? No, but that doesn't make him washed up. He's younger than Billups, A. Miller, Kidd, Nash, and Iverson. And every team would want those players despite their age.

If he's healthy this year, which he appears to be, I'm looking for a very strong year.

I think we have a decent bench. It is not deep but Evans, ZaZa, and Flip have proven they belong in the NBA; and Law has shown progress as well.

Without Bibby last year we do not make the playoffs. Having him to start the season this year is going to make us even tougher. Chad is Chad; until we are a 4th seed or better he is not going to "like" our team...

because Rodney Stuckey (the guy they passed on to draft Law) is looking like a good candidate for sixth man of the year.

Stuckey averaged 7 ppg shooting 40% last season (same as Acie) and shot 37% in the playoffs. I fail to see any 6MOY credentials there.

yeah, it seems to me that he really hasn't looked at our team or any other one for that matter. He said if the Hawks suffer a major injury, they're through. But that can be said of nearly every team in the NBA. What happens to the Cavs is Lebron goes down? or the Magic is Howard is hurt? We'll see about the Wizards and Golden State. Chances are they'll stumble for a while until they figure out how to make up for their losses.

yeah, it seems to me that he really hasn't looked at our team or any other one for that matter. He said if the Hawks suffer a major injury, they're through. But that can be said of nearly every team in the NBA. What happens to the Cavs is Lebron goes down? or the Magic is Howard is hurt? We'll see about the Wizards and Golden State. Chances are they'll stumble for a while until they figure out how to make up for their losses.

Chad hated on Orlando as well. 4th seed and a 1st round exit. I see Orlando becoming the Suns of the east. They will be contending from this day forward for a shot at the Eastern Conference Finals...

1st round exit? I don't think so...

• Moderators

Personally, I don't think Hollinger has any kind of personal dislike for the Hawks. His number crunching shows that we should not be very successful this year and he stands by his numbers - even when they say something like "Childress is better than Horford."

Ford hates the Hawks and always goes for little digs about the team, fans and management.

Chad, more than Hollinger or Stein, seems to have a little contempt for the birds. Like AHF mentioned.

Either way though, those three at least try unlike Sheridan, SAS, Bucher, etc.

As far as what he said, I disagree with him but every season 14 teams aren't going to make the playoffs and every season a good chunk of those teams' fans disagree with whatever reasons the pundits give for doubting them. We are no different, I just think we are right.

... and our bench does have some ?s. I wasn't a big Chil fan, but I see why other people were high on him. Even with Chil, we had a really weak bench. Acie being better and Zaza not sucking as much are likely, I'm assuming it will happen but Ford is playing the odds and not putting too much down on that happening.