• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Acie added 3pt range?

AtLaS

Didn't realize he's shot so many threes, 15 in 7 games and he's made 9/15. I realize that some of the time is against backups, but making threes will translate no matter who's he's playing against, especially considering his ability to get to the basket. That would make him dangerous. So far he's having a good preseason at over 13 ppg on 50% shooting and about 60% on threes. I know his 3pt% won't be NEAR that high but if he can consistently hit them, he'll be much improved and a dangerous player.

Didn't realize he's shot so many threes, 15 in 7 games and he's made 9/15. I realize that some of the time is against backups, but making threes will translate no matter who's he's playing against, especially considering his ability to get to the basket. That would make him dangerous. So far he's having a good preseason at over 13 ppg on 50% shooting and about 60% on threes. I know his 3pt% won't be NEAR that high but if he can consistently hit them, he'll be much improved and a dangerous player.

Being able to make an open 3 (he will never be a volume 3 pt shooter) would make a huge difference in his game and for the team in general. We have spacing problems so if Marvin and Acie can become just average 3 pt shooters it will make the lane much more open for Smith and Horford. Plus it will take pressure off JJ.

Before Acie's rookie year my main concern about his game was his shot and that is still true. If he can become just an average outside shooter i think he will be a very effective pg.

I also want to see him to a better job finishing inside using floaters instead of taking it all the way to the rim and getting blocked. That is a smaller issue and should come in time.

Yeah, if Acie can make the open ones he'll be explosive, because even without the shot it's tough for defenders to slow him going to the hole. I'd also like to see him improve the floater (since he's good at it with both hands) but I also like when he goes all the way. He needs to learn to make the drop off pass when he gets all the way to the rim and Horford, Smith and Zaza will have wide open dunks. But, Acie missed a lot of those easy layups last year and I think that's something he'll improve on as well. Spacing is definitely our biggest problem and has been for quite some time, so I'd love Acie to be able to hit some shots with range.

The good thing about this preseason is that he's confident in his shooting. Last year when he got the ball on the perimeter, he looked afraid to take the shot. And he often looked lost without the ball in his hands, probably because he was more confident in his ability to create shots than make them. He always was confident in his shot in college, even though he wasn't a big time shooter. So hopefully, having worked on it and having played one full season, he's going to be ready to space the floor out.

If he plays 24 minutes or so, he ought to average around 2.0 attempts, just to keep the defense honest. If he can hit about 35-37%, that would be just great for us.

The good thing about this preseason is that he's confident in his shooting. Last year when he got the ball on the perimeter, he looked afraid to take the shot. And he often looked lost without the ball in his hands, probably because he was more confident in his ability to create shots than make them. He always was confident in his shot in college, even though he wasn't a big time shooter. So hopefully, having worked on it and having played one full season, he's going to be ready to space the floor out.

If he plays 24 minutes or so, he ought to average around 2.0 attempts, just to keep the defense honest. If he can hit about 35-37%, that would be just great for us.

I am so siked about Law amd agree that his confidence level , experuence, (and healthy wrist), are the main things helping him show his game.

Both he and Horford were leaders of solid top 10 college programs. We are blessed to have them as Hawks.

By the February trade deadline Bibby should be some valuable trade bait cause here come the LAW !

I like his attitude and demeanor as a fierce competitor to Mookie. Not necesarilly from a skill stand point but from an attitude and leadership stand point.

The thing about Acie Law was that his ability to shoot was never in question when he came into the league. People questioned could he play the 1. More specifically did he have the ballhandling ability of a 1 at the NBA level.

He answered those questions in the 1st game of the season when he was blowing by defenders. Acie Law has a whole lot of game. People may beat the CP3 and Deron horses to death, but I think in Acie we at least finally have a solid PG of the future.

Im just happy there aren't that many guys in front of him now on the depth chart.

He hit another one in the clutch vs the Pistons.

He also made a nice drive and dish.

This is the type of contribution I'd love to see from Acie Law. Contrary to the idea that he's garbage from naysayers like Chad Ford.

Unfortunately for Acie he was the consensus 2nd lowest rated player in the entire NBA last year so he's going to have to prove himself before he gets any good things said about him.

http://www.countthebasket.com/blog/2008/05...player-ratings/

Not necessarily. It means that he can make long NBA 2 point shots. I'm confident that he won't have a problem with the added distance for the NBA 3pt line though.

i'm talking about him in college,and i'm pretty sure they weren't all directly behind the line.

Acie made 1 three per game in his senior year. That doesn't really establish him as a long range shooter.

In comparison Salim made 4 threes per game in his senior year.

what i'm saying is there is a difference with choosing not to take them but being able to, and not being able to shoot them period. He just chose not to.

what i'm saying is there is a difference with choosing not to take them but being able to, and not being able to shoot them period. He just chose not to.

That has nothing to do with anything. I never said Acie wasn't able to shoot them. you seem to be making stuff up so you can argue with yourself.

The original comment i was responding to was this.

Acie was a big three ball slinger in college.

That isn't true because Acie didn't shoot many 3s in college. He made only 114 threes in 4 years.

Salim made far more than that just in his senior year.

That has nothing to do with anything. I never said Acie wasn't able to shoot them. you seem to be making stuff up so you can argue with yourself.

The original comment i was responding to was this.

That isn't true because Acie didn't shoot many 3s in college. He made only 114 threes in 4 years.

Salim made far more than that just in his senior year.

my intent wasn't to be an argument. I was just pointing something out. I never even expected any responses. I wasn't trying to say that u were saying he couldn't shoot them. this was funny lol