• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you think Claxton is thinking...?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

The 1/2 rotation of Bibby, Law, Murray, Evans, JJ looks like it could give opponents some major problems this season.

Claxton, even if healthy, is best at two things:

1. Defensive pressure on the ball.

2. Change of pace.

Murray appears more than capable of #2, and West can do #1.

It would be nice to have one more roster spot to add a veteran big...(wishful thinking, no doubt).

The 1/2 rotation of Bibby, Law, Murray, Evans, JJ looks like it could give opponents some major problems this season.

Claxton, even if healthy, is best at two things:

1. Defensive pressure on the ball.

2. Change of pace.

Murray appears more than capable of #2, and West can do #1.

It would be nice to have one more roster spot to add a veteran big...(wishful thinking, no doubt).

They aren't gonna cut Claxton b/c of the $$$ and if he's healthy (unlikely but the premise of the thread) he's the best player off the bench.

The only way I see Claxton getting moved is as part of a larger trade and the Hawks need to add some dollars to make it work. Even with that, I think Claxton would have to agree to retire so that the receiving team can clear his salary off their books a little earlier than his contract dictates.

With the 15 man roster, Claxton really isn't taking up useful roster space, its his cap hit that is hurting the team. With that ~6 million, Childress could have been easily resigned, for example.

I think Claxton(if he can get healthy) would have been a good guy to go to in the 4th quarter last night. Healthy he could hang with Jameer Nelson and keep him out the lane. I hope Woody will begin to do this when he gets his full team together. Play match up ball to finish out games. If we have a big lead put your defensive squad out there. Speedy(if healthy), Joe Johnson, Mo E, Josh and Solomon Jones. I think that's about best defensive squad we could have on the floor. Everybody in that line-up can fan out to shooters, switch and play man to man D

I think Claxton(if he can get healthy) would have been a good guy to go to in the 4th quarter last night. Healthy he could hang with Jameer Nelson and keep him out the lane. I hope Woody will begin to do this when he gets his full team together. Play match up ball to finish out games. If we have a big lead put your defensive squad out there. Speedy(if healthy), Joe Johnson, Mo E, Josh and Solomon Jones. I think that's about best defensive squad we could have on the floor. Everybody in that line-up can fan out to shooters, switch and play man to man D

I seriously doubt that Claxton will play more than 10 more games as a Hawk. The guy is just too fragile. When he's healthy, he's one court appearence away from another 10 months of "injury". No way if you are the coaching staff do you game/season plan for Claxton to give you anything. I would be reluctant to even activate the guy, as you'll more than likely end up with only 11 players on the night you do activate him.

Evans, Murray, and Zaza are all better bench players than Claxton.

Again, we are talking about a healthy Claxton because and injured Claxton is completely worthless because he isn't playing anyway.

That being the case, you are completely and utterly wrong. Mo, who I really like, and Flip are journeymen utility players/Euroleaguers. Claxton was the runner up for 6MOY last time he was healthy.

Edited by crimedog

Again, we are talking about a healthy Claxton because and injured Claxton is completely worthless because he isn't playing anyway.

That being the case, you are completely and utterly wrong. Mo, who I really like, and Flip are journeymen utility players/Euroleaguers. Claxton was the runner up for 6MOY last time he was healthy.

Didn't Hendu win that once?