• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove on NBATV now

WraithSentinel

Other Smith interview comments:

Smith said he thought Brand's post game would not mesh with the 76ers up tempo style b/c he holds the ball so long. Gary Payton quickly agreed and said the other problem is that the 76ers have no shooters to surround Brand with and that Brand's offense looked rusty so far.....said he looks like he is scared to be assertive on a already established team as "thinking and hesitating" too much right now.

Smith also said he love the additions of Murray and Mo Evans and loves having better shooters on the team this year over last year. He specifically mention Mo Evans ability to knock down the corner 3 to space the floor and mentioned that when JJ gets a rest the team has a SG to come in and score and create his own shot in Flip Murray. All 3 (Payton, Snow, and Smith) saif Flip was underrated.

Gary Payton also said he thinks Atlanta can be a 4-6 seed in the East and the 76ers will struggle to make the playoffs, even with Brand, b/c of chemistry and they will no longer slip up on people like they did last year. Teams will be up to play them and the fact that they have NO shooters.

Gary Payton also said he thought Horford should have been rookie of the year. This is big from the face of the Sonics franchise when you consider that Durant was also a Sonic.

Edited by coachx

I don't know about Philly having no shooters. Thad Young is averaging 15 shooting 58%, 63% from 3. I would trade Marvin for him in a heartbeat.

Hmm I wonder where Marvin's trade value is right now? Who could we get in a straight up trade for him.

I don't know about Philly having no shooters. Thad Young is averaging 15 shooting 58%, 63% from 3. I would trade Marvin for him in a heartbeat.

I think Gary Payton (and alot of others) see Iggy and Thad as scorers who slash more then long distance shooters. Time will tell if either can be the guy to space the floor with 37%, or better, 3 point shot.

I know either the 76ers or Hawks would be matchup nightmares for the aging Celtics in the playoffs. The ability to run and sustain a high energy level has shown it really wears on the aging C's in the 1st round of last years playoffs.