• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Marvin Williams makes that 3 pt consistently then...

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Game over and goodnight for the rest of the league because this team would be damn near unstoppable. I've been killing him for a long time but it's nice to see him playing his game for once. I don't see Marvin becoming a player that can create off the dribble but he can make a living at draining open looks when Joe draws the double.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

His stroke last night looked like silk. he's got the potential but he ain't going to shoot that way every night. Shoot the top 15-20 in the leage in 3 pointers and I'll be happey.

Well obviously he can't shoot it like that EVERY night otherwise he'd be the greatest athlete ever. His shooting percentage was PERFECT from beyond the arc.

But the point is that if the 3 point is actually a reliable shot in his arsenal where he can make a respectable percentage especially when they leave him open, this team just got that much more dangerous.

It spreads the field so much more taking pressure off of JJ and Josh Smith. And it even allows an outlet for our guys like Horford when they are in the post.

I'd love to see guys like Acie Law and Marvin knock down those 3s. We'd be one helluva hard team to beat.

• Premium Member
Well obviously he can't shoot it like that EVERY night otherwise he'd be the greatest athlete ever. His shooting percentage was PERFECT from beyond the arc.

But the point is that if the 3 point is actually a reliable shot in his arsenal where he can make a respectable percentage especially when they leave him open, this team just got that much more dangerous.

It spreads the field so much more taking pressure off of JJ and Josh Smith. And it even allows an outlet for our guys like Horford when they are in the post.

I'd love to see guys like Acie Law and Marvin knock down those 3s. We'd be one helluva hard team to beat.

Actually, I think that there's more pressure on JJ.

I think JJ just handles the pressure well. Our problem is still that we lack an offensive inside game. We should address this problem; otherwise we will be a streaky team. I don't trust Flip, Marvin, and Smoove shooting threes to win games. I would rather see us have some sort of offensive surity. Some guy who can go into the post, draw the double and either kick out to the wide open shooters or score in the post.

Actually, I think that there's more pressure on JJ.

I think JJ just handles the pressure well. Our problem is still that we lack an offensive inside game. We should address this problem; otherwise we will be a streaky team. I don't trust Flip, Marvin, and Smoove shooting threes to win games. I would rather see us have some sort of offensive surity. Some guy who can go into the post, draw the double and either kick out to the wide open shooters or score in the post.

If Marvin becomes a legit 3 point threat, it puts LESS pressure on JJ, because defenses will be more reluctant to give help defensively. Just like the guy who Marvin was guarding in Peja does for opposing defenses on most nights. Teams don't want to leave him because they know he can knock down that shot.

If Marvin gets a rep as a guy who can not only knock down midrange jumpers but 3 pointers, that creates so much more spacing on the floor.

Does post offense open things up a whole lot more? Sure does. Which is why I like the fact that Smoove is trying to develop a baby hook on the inside. And why I'd like to see us call for more plays with Horford getting the ball on the low block.

• Premium Member
If Marvin becomes a legit 3 point threat, it puts LESS pressure on JJ, because defenses will be more reluctant to give help defensively. Just like the guy who Marvin was guarding in Peja does for opposing defenses on most nights. Teams don't want to leave him because they know he can knock down that shot.

If Marvin gets a rep as a guy who can not only knock down midrange jumpers but 3 pointers, that creates so much more spacing on the floor.

Does post offense open things up a whole lot more? Sure does. Which is why I like the fact that Smoove is trying to develop a baby hook on the inside. And why I'd like to see us call for more plays with Horford getting the ball on the low block.

For the time being, I think every team we play will give Marvin that shot. Did you see how WIDE OPEN he was on every one of those threes? For now, the scouting report says "Give him the shot, keep the double on JJ". I hope that Marvin can become a three point bomber... still, I would like to see one player become a low post threat ..AL Horford.

I think the thing that is really helping us is that we're not hurting on the rebounds. There were a couple of series last night when we got 3rd and 4th opportunities to score and we scored. That kinda kills a team's defensive effort. It did for NO. If we can continue to scrap for Boards and if we can develop a low post scoring threat, Al Horford, I think we will remain among the league's elite.

For the time being, I think every team we play will give Marvin that shot. Did you see how WIDE OPEN he was on every one of those threes? For now, the scouting report says "Give him the shot, keep the double on JJ". I hope that Marvin can become a three point bomber... still, I would like to see one player become a low post threat ..AL Horford.

I think the thing that is really helping us is that we're not hurting on the rebounds. There were a couple of series last night when we got 3rd and 4th opportunities to score and we scored. That kinda kills a team's defensive effort. It did for NO. If we can continue to scrap for Boards and if we can develop a low post scoring threat, Al Horford, I think we will remain among the league's elite.

They would be crazy NOT to give Marvin that shot. You're right. I mean the guy's career 3 point percentage is not high. This is like some new phenomenon. Defenses are going to keep giving him that shot until he shows it's not a fluke.

That's why I say it's big if he keeps knocking it down.

For one, it would show it's not a fluke. And two, it would make the Hawks that much more difficult to stop offensively.

But trust me, Im right with you on feeding Horford. Post offense opens up an offense more than anything. For one, it creates efficient offense away from taking so many jump shots, and it leaves guys for higher percentage shots

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

I'll say this for the kid, when it goes in it looks absolutely perfect. I mean, you can tell that he's a shooter compared to a guy like Flip who had all 3 of his that went in rattle off the the rim. When Marv's J hits, it just drops right through, doesn't bother to holla at the net even.

I'll say this for the kid, when it goes in it looks absolutely perfect. I mean, you can tell that he's a shooter compared to a guy like Flip who had all 3 of his that went in rattle off the the rim. When Marv's J hits, it just drops right through, doesn't bother to holla at the net even.

It really does. My jaw hit the floor when I saw how effortless it was. We could really have something there if he hits 3 a game or so. Also, though, he was freaking wide open everytime and a few times when JJ was doubled he was standing on the perimeter with no one in sight.