• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Antonio McDyess a viable option for the Hawks?

HAWKS1986

• Premium Member
With Josh being out for an extended period of time, would acquiring McDyess be a good option for the Hawks.

The Celtics were able to pick up veteran players last year during their playoff run. And a McDyess pickup would solidify our bench and could start as well.

I heard he's going back to Detroit. ala Herb Williams.

If we can get McDyess, we absolutely go for it. Dude would automatically move past Solo and Zaza on the depth chart (and would start while Smoove is out). The only concern would be Zaza's fragile psyche, as he didn't respond well to a change in role when Horf came in, and he would lose minutes to McDyess.

I don't think we can get him, but there are a few things on our side. 1) He is from the South. 2) We have proven ourselves as a legit team this year. 3) Him and Woody may have some sort of a relationship from the Detroit days. 4) He would be assured an important spot in our rotation.

He's definitely the type of Vet big man we need, so we absolutely go for him if possible.

Plus, McDyess is a good guy. I still give us no chance of signing him even if he wanted to come to Atlanta, though. I don't see the ASG going and paying for a veteran big man when the team is 4-0 to start the year and Solo is actually looking pretty good.

Edited by thefloydian

According to the Boston Globe, 17 teams have inquired about signing him. No typo, seventeen!

Of course, in true journalistic fashion, I would bet that most of these inquiries were not serious, more like curiosity at how much he is asking for or just trying to mess up the pistons by providing evidence of some previous agreement. But still, serious interest.

Plus, McDyess is a good guy. I still give us no chance of signing him even if he wanted to come to Atlanta, though. I don't see the ASG going and paying for a veteran big man when the team is 4-0 to start the year and Solo is actually looking pretty good.

I watched Antonio McD in Denver (when I lived there) as a youngster he SUCKED...and now he finally has gotten himself together a bit.....I wouldn't spend OUR money on him. :no-no:

Edited by DJlaysitup

we weren't on his list of places he'd go play though...

I was reading somewhere that he'd only go:

a.) Back to Detroit

b.) Boston

c.) Phoenix

d.) San Antonio

e.) possibly Cleveland

We are not (yet) in the same "upper echelon" as those teams and I'd consider out of the running for his services...