• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

O.J. Mayo

D.R.P.

Is anybody watching the Suns vs Grizzles. Mayo is lighting up the Suns. Forget Rudy Gay; Mayo may be their best player. The Grizz remind me of the Hawks of a couple years ago; talented but flawed by youth.

yu,p Mayo looks damn good out there. had 30+ last nite too againt the Nuggets..had 26 at half! kid can play. I remember ppl everywhere was saying he wouldnt do that good in the league..boy were they wrong lol

so far my top 5 rooks are:

1. DRose

2. OJ

3. Beasley

4. Marc Gasol

5. Westbrook

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

This is like the Carmelo, DWade, Bosh class with Rose, Mayo, and Beasley all being borderline All-Stars already. Then you've got Gasol who looks like he might be a very good player, Westbrook has shown flashes that he'll be a stud, etc. This could turn out to be the best draft class ever.

If the Grizzlies can ever get Conley to become even remotely the player that he was drafted to be they will be every bit as talented as our Hawks.

This is like the Carmelo, DWade, Bosh class with Rose, Mayo, and Beasley all being borderline All-Stars already. Then you've got Gasol who looks like he might be a very good player, Westbrook has shown flashes that he'll be a stud, etc. This could turn out to be the best draft class ever.

If the Grizzlies can ever get Conley to become even remotely the player that he was drafted to be they will be every bit as talented as our Hawks.

Best class ever??? Idk about all that..those guys can turn out to be really good players but LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich, TJ Ford, Kaman, Josh Howard, Barbosa, and Kapono is hard to beat.

Also, I think the 96 Draft with Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, Kittles, Steve Nash, Antoine Walker, Stojakovic, Illgauskas, Derick Fisher, Marcus Camby, and Marbury might be the best draft class ever yet...some HOF players and deep as hell too!

You ain't kiddin. My favorite rookie thus far has been Fernandez. He doesn't have the biggest numbers at 14-3-2 but this kid is one of the most pure scorers I've seen in a while. His minutes are down because of his back injury but he's scoring those 14 points on 65TS% (+.900 FT% and 2.6 of 5.6 from 3) in under 30 minutes.

He's for real.

Best class ever??? Idk about all that..those guys can turn out to be really good players but LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich, TJ Ford, Kaman, Josh Howard, Barbosa, and Kapono is hard to beat.

Also, I think the 96 Draft with Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, Kittles, Steve Nash, Antoine Walker, Stojakovic, Illgauskas, Derick Fisher, Marcus Camby, and Marbury might be the best draft class ever yet...some HOF players and deep as hell too!

Obviously you can't say it right now but in a few years I could easily see people talking about this class being in the argument.

You ain't kiddin. My favorite rookie thus far has been Fernandez. He doesn't have the biggest numbers at 14-3-2 but this kid is one of the most pure scorers I've seen in a while. His minutes are down because of his back injury but he's scoring those 14 points on 65TS% (+.900 FT% and 2.6 of 5.6 from 3) in under 30 minutes.

He's for real.

My favorite has been Rose since he's on my fantasy team LOL.

I haven't seen Fernandez play but those are some seriously impressive numbers for a rookie guard.

• Admin

I think the best draft class was '84

Olajuwon, Jordon, Barkley, Perkins, Stockton,Willis, Otis Thorpe, Alvin Robertson, Jerome Kersey

• Admin
Best draft class easily Bron/Melo/Flash/Bosh...no discussion.

whatever

Olajuwon one of the top 2 -3 centers ever,

Jordon greatest player ever,

Stockton top 2 - 3 pgs ever.

Barkley is well Barkley....

The problem is these guys probably played before you were born

Olajuwon, Jordon, Barkley, Perkins, Stockton,Willis, Otis Thorpe, Alvin Robertson, Jerome Kersey

Agreed !

1. Jordan is the greatest ever !

2. Hakeem is the best big man since Kareem. Yes better then O'Neil. For those of you old enough to have seen Hakeem school and sweep O'Niel and the Magic out of the Finals (you know what I'm talking about.)

3. Stockton is one of the 3 best PGs ever behind only Oscar Robertson and Magic. I know he is #1 in assist and steals all time but he never dominated like a Oscar or Magic. Still being #3 on the all time PG list is pretty darn good !

4. Barkley is a HOFer

5. Perkins, Willis, Thorpe, Robertson, and Kersey were allstars in there day.

The 84 class has the cream at the top and the depth to support it. All time best class hands down ! They have 2 of the top 7 players of all time (Jordan / Hakeem) and 3 of the top 15 players of all time (Stockton, Jordan, Hakeem) in one draft class before you ever even get to Barkley.

You could field this team:

Stockton / Robertson

Jordan

Barkley / Kersey

Willis / Thorpe

Hakeem / Perkins

What draft clas can compete with that ?

Edited by coachx

whatever

Olajuwon one of the top 2 -3 centers ever,

Jordon greatest player ever,

Stockton top 2 - 3 pgs ever.

Barkley is well Barkley....

The problem is these guys probably played before you were born

I agree 100%

Any one old enough to remember 1984 would not argue this point !

Hakeem won back to back rings. He is definately 3rd or 4th on the all time center list right up there with Wilt, Russell, and Kareem. Best Center drafted since Kareem in the late 60's hands down !

The only PGs wou can put ahead of Stockton are Magic and Oscar. Cousy is either below Stockton or tied with him.

Jordan is the best ever. If Lebron ever gets 6 Championships he can question him but as of now Lebron can't even shoot a basketball without dunking it. They are not even in the same zip code !

Edited by coachx

I think Dream one of the greatest ever along with MJ. Stockton is one of the best PG's ever. Chuck is great, a HOF.

yea I forgot about 84. they have some great players but 96 was good too. only time will tell what the best draft class its between those two and the Bron/Melo/Wade/Bosh draft class

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

Agreed !

1. Jordan is the greatest ever !

2. Hakeem is the best big man since Kareem. Yes better then O'Neil. For those of you old enough to have seen Hakeem school and sweep O'Niel and the Magic out of the Finals (you know what I'm talking about.)

3. Stockton is one of the 3 best PGs ever behind only Oscar Robertson and Magic. I know he is #1 in assist and steals all time but he never dominated like a Oscar or Magic. Still being #3 on the all time PG list is pretty darn good !

4. Barkley is a HOFer

5. Perkins, Willis, Thorpe, Robertson, and Kersey were allstars in there day.

The 84 class has the cream at the top and the depth to support it. All time best class hands down ! They have 2 of the top 7 players of all time (Jordan / Hakeem) and 3 of the top 15 players of all time (Stockton, Jordan, Hakeem) in one draft class before you ever even get to Barkley.

You could field this team:

Stockton / Robertson

Jordan

Barkley / Kersey

Willis / Thorpe

Hakeem / Perkins

What draft clas can compete with that ?

correct except Hakeem>>>>Kareem

Olajuwon is the best center to ever play the game in my opinion

yea I forgot about 84. they have some great players but I dont think they are ass deep as 96. Bu thatsa arguable still

In 96 you have 2, maybe 3 locks for the HOF in Kobe, Iverson, and probably Nash. Most of the rest of those guys are very good players but won't be HOFers or at least don't deserve to.

I'm not sure which of the 84 players are in the HOF but certainly Jordan, Dream, Stockton, and Barkley belong there and I think they're all there.

In those 1st three 84 players you're talking about the greatest ever, one of the top 5 centers ever and the best of all the centers during the dominant center era, and arguably the best point guard ever, although I'd probably put him behind the big O (I don't consider Magic a PG).

Kobe is great but he's no MJ. Iverson and Nash are very good players but they'd ranked in the teens among the best ever at their positions IMO.