• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's With Acie?

JackB1

Acie's lack of progress has me a little worried. Everything else on this team is falling into place and Acie is still struggling. Bibby has been solid, avg-ing 15 per game, and Flip has been great, but sooner or later we will need Acie to decide if he is going to be a star in the NBA or just another one who never made it. He STILL looks unsure of himself out there and hasn't developed an outside shot or been driving to the lane. It's confusing, because he has shown us that he has the tools to be really good, but always seems to lack the confidence.

If Acie doesn't improve, there is no way we can trade Bibby this year.

• Admin
Acie's lack of progress has me a little worried. Everything else on this team is falling into place and Acie is still struggling. Bibby has been solid, avg-ing 15 per game, and Flip has been great, but sooner or later we will need Acie to decide if he is going to be a star in the NBA or just another one who never made it. He STILL looks unsure of himself out there and hasn't developed an outside shot or been driving to the lane. It's confusing, because he has shown us that he has the tools to be really good, but always seems to lack the confidence.

confidence and pt is what he needs. I still don't know if he is a playmaker yet or not. He was always a scorer and that is not as important as someone who can run an offense.

I don't think we'd trade Bibby if we were doing well regardless, and I hope we'd be doing well at the deadline.

As far as Acie, I wasn't his biggest fan at draft time but I thought he'd be better than this. I certainly never thought confidence and scoring would be his problem. He just looks lost out there. Granted, we are 5 games in and he's playing about 12 minutes per night with very limited responsibility - and he doesn't have that sort of, doesn't look like he could ever play in the NBA, out of place-ness.

On the bright side, he doesn't really turn it over too often. On the down side, he doesn't do anything else with the rock while he's in the game. He isn't getting to the line at all. One thing that could help is to not take that 3 - he is 0-7 from 3 and 4-16 overall, he knocked down a couple long 2s in that first game.

It might wrankle some folks but Acie might be a beneficiary of a stint in the D-League. He needs to get his sea legs under him. Flip might turn into a pumpkin at some point and we might want to be able to throw Acie in there, but bad-Flip is probably no worse than Acie right now and if D-League for 10 games would instill some confidence in Acie, I'd be all for going a little more short-handed.

i still wanted Mike Conley Jr but we took Acie and i hope he really starts to step up

Thank God we didn't take Conley as he looks like a guy that doesn't have much of a chance of becoming an All-Star PG, while Horford clearly looks like he'll make multiple All-Star games in his future.

Last year Acie was looking to drive all the time but now he hardly ever does. Given that there are more shooters around him that doesn't make sense. I also don't like seeing him shooting 3s because that isn't his game. He has looked pretty bad so far.

All 3 of the pgs that we were debating about during that draft (Acie, Conley, Crit) havent really done anything.

• Admin
Last year Acie was looking to drive all the time but now he hardly ever does. Given that there are more shooters around him that doesn't make sense. I also don't like seeing him shooting 3s because that isn't his game. He has looked pretty bad so far.

All 3 of the pgs that we were debating about during that draft (Acie, Conley, Crit) havent really done anything.

Right now the best pg out of that draft class is Stuckey. I think Conley will get it soon and become a quality pg. Crit I don't see really doing anything. Law has shown me some glimpses of what he can do. I want to see what he can do with some pt and real game experience. He is playing not to make a mistake when he is out there because he will get pulled.

he's not confident and he's playing passive. It's not like he can't play because I garuntee if he ever had to start he'd look like a completely different player. All his problems are mental. I'm tired of hearing that Acie can't shoot bull crap, He can shoot,he's just not playing freely now like he was in the pre-season when he was knocking down everying. He was getting over 20 mins now he can't barely get 10.but he can't blame anybody but himself for performing as bad as he has been the first 5 games. The only game he made a few plays in was the Toronto game.

Edited by Cwell

You are right he does look lost, almost like he frightened to make a mistake. I think time on the court will help. If he would have one or two games were he plays at a time of significance and performs well, I hope his confidence will be elevated. I hope Bibby stays regardless, it appears some chemistry is developing with Bibby and JJ. Acie has not fit in the chemistry of this team for some reason

Edited by Highpozt2

• 2 weeks later...

Acie showed for the first time in this season that he can be a asset for us, too bad our starters all sucked.

Hawks lost this game in the first quarter.

If you can't score, you can't win. Hawks couldn't score when the game opened.

Some bench players looked good tonight - Acie and Solomon were especially

good and Evans with his threes.

JJ with 4 points? What the -----??? I know they defended him well, but come on.

He couldn't find the scoring touch at all.

Cav's announcers were impressed with Acie tonight, as were we, the Hawks fans watching.

Tough loss, but these Hawks never quit, playing hard to the end. Zaza's injury slowed him

in tonight's game. West missed his free throws and didn't score. All other Hawks did.

Some games you just don't seem destined to win. This was one of those.

:sad:

I don't think it's Acie's lack of progress... I believe it's his lack of playing time. I mean seriously! If you want a guy to progress and learn you have to give him chances to go out and explore, so he can progress. You can't just sit him on the bench and expect something great!