• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good Josh Smith News

GameTime

SMITH UPDATE: Woodson said he received a report on Josh Smith after Tuesday’s win in Chicago, and the news was good.

“They said the swelling finally started to go down and got some color back in his ankle,” Woodson said. “So right now he’s just day-to-day, and we’ll see where he is when we get back from this road trip.”

Smith suffered a high left ankle sprain in the first quarter of Friday’s win over Toronto and was expected to be out two to four weeks. While Woodson didn’t rule out a quick return, he insists Smith won’t be rushed back to action.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...wks_report.html

SMITH UPDATE: Woodson said he received a report on Josh Smith after Tuesday’s win in Chicago, and the news was good.

“They said the swelling finally started to go down and got some color back in his ankle,” Woodson said. “So right now he’s just day-to-day, and we’ll see where he is when we get back from this road trip.”

Smith suffered a high left ankle sprain in the first quarter of Friday’s win over Toronto and was expected to be out two to four weeks. While Woodson didn’t rule out a quick return, he insists Smith won’t be rushed back to action.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...wks_report.html

Im no Dr. but i was an athlete for most of my life and its hard to believe that Josh Smith went from being gone for 2-4 weeks to day-to-day...big difference, no?? i hope this is correct tho. but he is just now getting color back and the swelling down. I still dont see him playing until a week or 2

I've had a ton of ankle sprains (several high ones) and sometimes it just happens that way. You wake up one morning and the swelling is just gone.

But if we pick up 2 wins against NJ this weekend, why rush him? Trust the medical staff to do their job and make sure that he comes back with all his explosiveness.

I sure would have like to have him last night though.

• Premium Member

The game we really needed him in was last night. We should be able to deal with the Nets without him. Hopefully we can pick up these two wins WITHOUT him and allow him to get fully healed. But truth be told, he can't come back soon enough. We need his defense, rebounding, and scoring.

The game we really needed him in was last night. We should be able to deal with the Nets without him. Hopefully we can pick up these two wins WITHOUT him and allow him to get fully healed. But truth be told, he can't come back soon enough. We need his defense, rebounding, and scoring.

yea true. I think Solomon has done a good job while Josh has been out tho so im not too too worried yet

Smoove Got Hurt on Friday NOv 7

November 21- 2 weeks since injury

4 games left in between (5 including Nov 21)

November 28- 3 weeks since injury

7 games left in between (8 including Nov 28th)

December 5- 4 weeks since injury

10 games left in between (11 including Dec 5th)

2 weeks

@New Jersey

New Jersey (B2B)

@ Indiana

Washington (B2B)

Charlotte

3 weeks

@ Cleveland (B2B)

Milwaukee

@ Toronto

4 weeks

@ Washington (B2B)

Memphis

NY KNicks

Basically we have anywhere between 5-11 games without Smoove according to that 2-4 week timetable. That length of time will seem a lot shorter if we can sweep the Nets. If the opposite happened, it would seem like an eternity.

We also are in the midst of a 8 game in 12 day affair. Right now we have 6 games in the next 9 days. That's 3 back to back games.

Surviving or Not surviving this stretch will go a long way in determining the direction this team could be headed in by season's end. It could be the difference between being a top 4 seed or 6-8 seed depending on how long Smoove is out and how well or not so hot we play without him during this tiring stretch.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Dont Rush Smoove. We can win without him depending if Zaza can come back. Id rather him sit out until the end of the month and start Dec healthy then a half assed Smoove scared to jump. We can win, trust me.