I like Woody but....

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

he should be fired for not developing Acie into a starter. Face it hawks fans, ASG will not re-up Bibby. These guys are already losing money and singing an over-the-hill PG will not make things any better. Woody gotta get his head out of his *** and do what's better for the future of the team.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Maybe Acie just isn't talented enough or consistent enough to be a starter? Or maybe, if he is, he's like Steve Nash who was also not as athletic but very skilled and took a little while to develop.

I don't blame Woody for not playing a guy who doesn't give his team the best chance to win. I think Woody is a bad coach, but not because of that.

• Premium Member
Maybe Acie just isn't talented enough or consistent enough to be a starter? Or maybe, if he is, he's like Steve Nash who was also not as athletic but very skilled and took a little while to develop.

I don't blame Woody for not playing a guy who doesn't give his team the best chance to win. I think Woody is a bad coach, but not because of that.

Say Bibby is traded at the deadline. Now what??? You're right back where you started. No PG (unless you're counting on Speedy). Call me crazy but isn't it the coaches job to find out what a player has, and can you really say Acie has had a fair shot.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Say Bibby is traded at the deadline. Now what??? You're right back where you started. No PG (unless you're counting on Speedy). Call me crazy but isn't it the coaches job to find out what a player has, and can you really say Acie has had a fair shot.

If Bibby is traded at the deadline it's because Acie is ready to be our starting PG or we're getting a starting PG in return. The only other reason I could see would be if our season was in the tank and we were just trying to get some type of young talent for him. Otherwise if Acie isn't ready then we hang onto Bibby and let him leave in the offseason.

Acie has started to show some nice things lately and looked pretty damn good in the 4th quarter last night so I'm not ready to give up on him.

• Moderators

I really think they'll run Flip at the point if Bibby is traded. They have been talking how much they liked his play at PG at the end of last season and that's why they went after him.

I was thinking last night where we'd be with guys like Acie if he were playing under Byron Scott. I know CP is exceptional but at the same time he's allowed to get in there and assert himself even as a rookie. Woody seems to want to beat the young guys into submission until they 'play the right way'. It seems like Acie's biggest problem is being too unselfish.

I really think they'll run Flip at the point if Bibby is traded. They have been talking how much they liked his play at PG at the end of last season and that's why they went after him.

I was thinking last night where we'd be with guys like Acie if he were playing under Byron Scott. I know CP is exceptional but at the same time he's allowed to get in there and assert himself even as a rookie. Woody seems to want to beat the young guys into submission until they 'play the right way'. It seems like Acie's biggest problem is being too unselfish.

Julian Wright really hugged the bench as a rook so I wouldn't say its a Byron Scott thing as much as a Chris Paul thing. Paul earned the starting spot before the season and then never allowed anyone to take it from him. Same with Rose so far. Woody played Smith and Chil as rooks and let Marv be the primary backup at the 4. He started Al and played him as much as foul trouble would allow. Acie isn't playing because he's not good enough... now Woody may be too hard on him, but it isn't like Woody refuses to play rookies or Scott/Del Negro loves to.