• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Every win is important and this one is huge

NJHAWK

I realize they were 1-7 but they have given us fits in the past and with no Smoove or Al this is a VERY VERY NICE WIN. We steped up when we had to and played a little better D then we played since the 1st half at OK City.

Amen to that! It's interesting how quiet it is around here tonight considering that we won and all.

I said it last night and I'll say it especially tonight, I am damn proud of the effort they put forth. No Smoove, no Horford, and Zaza is so banged up that he can barely get his shot up. Z and Marvin absolutely dominated the glass tonight and it was a nice thing to see for a change.

• Premium Member
I realize they were 1-7 but they have given us fits in the past and with no Smoove or Al this is a VERY VERY NICE WIN. We steped up when we had to and played a little better D then we played since the 1st half at OK City.

Co- Signed 100%. We HAD to have this win tonight.

• Premium Member
Amen to that! It's interesting how quiet it is around here tonight considering that we won and all.

I said it last night and I'll say it especially tonight, I am damn proud of the effort they put forth. No Smoove, no Horford, and Zaza is so banged up that he can barely get his shot up. Z and Marvin absolutely dominated the glass tonight and it was a nice thing to see for a change.

It is awfully quiet around here. We just get so conditioned for failure over the years to the point that we don't know how to react when we win. Our four straight losses were bad, but it kinda felt like being "home", or like it was business as usual. It's like people get uncomfortable when we win because it's uncharted territory. Nobody knows what to say. But when we lose, everyone has something to say, and it has been the same thing(s) over and over again.... for the last decade. But I can't help but feel optimistic about this team, especially this season. I honestly feel like we can play with anyone in the league when healthy. Once healthy, I hope to see that swagger and cool confidence we had early on.

Agreed all....this was a very big win. We were down 4 inside of two minutes and we pulled it out. We are 1/2 games from having Al Horford back (if what I have heard is true) and 3/4 games from having Josh Smith back. We needed to stop the bleeding and we did. 7 and 4 - not bad with all these injuries and having to play Boston at their place without JS.

We do have a problem that we all can easily see - we need to keep all of our good bigs healthy the whole rest of the year....or get some decent quality help.

It was a ugly win. At this point I will take it. Nothing to study from this game so Woodson can throw this game tape out the window.

I disagree! I think that he can show the team how much better we are when we actually give 100% effort on defense like we did in the 2nd half tonight. I also think it's good tape to show Marvin and Zaza about how they should try and play for the remainder of their careers.

I disagree! I think that he can show the team how much better we are when we actually give 100% effort on defense like we did in the 2nd half tonight. I also think it's good tape to show Marvin and Zaza about how they should try and play for the remainder of their careers.

Honestly I think Zaza is a decent tryer most of the time and gets rebounds He just gets silly on offense occasionally. He doesn't have the physical skills of many players (though I doubt many would want to fight him when he's healthy)....wasn't there a story about when Zaza put JS (my BB hero) against the wall and asked him if he wanted something? (in stern words) I think that was after a comment that didn't please Zaza. And I also think JS said something like "OK Dude...no worries"...and got the flock out of there. Jumping doesn't matter much in fighting.

Edited by DJlaysitup

good win for the team. A much needed win for the team. 7-4 is not bad. i think after that 6-0 start some of us started getting carried away..lol. The main problem i see(which was stated earlier on the site) we need a stopper. Someone is always going for 30+ on us. It never fails. And with all the injuries we need to take care of the ball more and get a better shot selection, at least wait for someone to get under the board before we pull up for 3.

I cant lie. i thought we would blow this game. Im very proud that the team proved me wrong.

I cant lie. i thought we would blow this game. Im very proud that the team proved me wrong.

I'm with ya TG....I honestly thought we would figure a way to lose this game. I'm proud that we at least beat a crappy/hurt team at home when we were hurt bigtime. We damned near screwed it up - down 4 under two minutes to go. But we pulled it out and that's all that counts - a W.....they all count at the end of the year.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I was very shocked that JJ gave up the shot and passed it to Marvin. He must know something we dont..lol.

Good shot Marvin

Well I suppose because he was contested and Marvin probably wouldn't be....not saying that they wouldn't contest Marvin's shot - but the one more pass ran them out of close defenders.

Edited by DJlaysitup

yeah where are the all the bibby haters at tonite. good win for hawks should get us off the shnide. cant wait til friday really love this team. bibby and marvin get game honors

haha thats what Im saying..where are all the Bibby and Mavin haters at now?? lol Bibby was good almost all game while JJ was kind of off and Marvin hit a huge shot for us down the stretch. people gotta understand and face the fact that we chose Marvin over CP3 and Deron Williams and just be happy with what we got because Marvin is getting better and better.

And also Bibby makes us a better team. It shows..we are a much better team when he is on the floor. he spreads the floor and can hit shots for us too.

When Josh Smith and Horford come back, we should be a real good team..glad we got the win tonite!

It was a good character test for this team. How do you respond when you're hurting? Do you just take your lumps and blame it on the injuries? Good teams find a way to win even when parts are missing. That's what the Hawks did last night. Hopefully we can do the same tonight against the Bobcats and get Horford back Friday for Lebron and the Cavs.

• Moderators

Without Horford and Smoove, we desperately needed to stop the bleeding and pick up the win against a bad team. Very important win for the Hawks - no question about it.

7-4 looks a lot better than 6-5.

Without Horford and Smoove, we desperately needed to stop the bleeding and pick up the win against a bad team. Very important win for the Hawks - no question about it.

7-4 looks a lot better than 6-5.

Yup, it was an ugly win that came down to a possession or two at the end but the mental aspect is absolutely HUGE. The guys remember that they can win now. Plus, gotta stay a step or two ahead of MIA, Indy, Toronto, and New York(!).