• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is why Lo Wright was on the team last year.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/....xml&coll=2

Lorenzen Wright hated to leave Atlanta last season.

The veteran forward was in his second stint with the Hawks, and he knew the team was headed in the right direction. He was close to coach Mike Woodson and young players like Josh Smith and Al Horford.

So he really was disappointed when he was traded to Sacramento as part of the deal for Mike Bibby on Feb. 16.

"There were so many young guys, I was like a big brother," Wright said as the Cavaliers prepared to host the Hawks tonight in The Q. "I was sad to leave because there was about a month left in the regular season and I knew we were going to make it to the playoffs for the first time [in a long time] and I wanted to be a part of that."

Not only did the Hawks make it to the playoffs, but they gave the Boston Celtics all they could handle before falling in a surprisingly tough first-round series that went seven games.

"I think they're a very underestimated team," Wright, who signed with the Cavs as a free agent last summer, said of the Hawks. "They're inconsistent because they're young. But they've got some really good players on that team. Joe Johnson is second to none, a great scorer, a great finisher, a great shooter. Josh Smith is really athletic, and he can shoot the ball as well. Al Horford is a talent. I watched him in college, and I liked him. I thought he was one of the best to come out of that draft.

"Mike Woodson is a really good coach, a player's coach. He understands the young guys and really gets along with the young guys. He's got a good system. The young guys come in and they work hard every day. That's one thing I can say about them. He gets them ready to play."

I think we should also consider Wright's influence on Solo, a player he clearly took under his wing.

Edited by mrhonline

um the same vet that thought it wasn't right until he put popcorn into the rooks cars? The oldest guy on the team acted the most immature,funny how he was the guy at Josh Smiths birthday party with the grill in his mouth like he was 20. and like another guy said, we wouldn't have made the playoffs if he stayed here,meaning we'd still have AJ and Lue at PG and no Bibby.and another thing,all the things he says about Woody doesn't come true on the court so I don't care what he says.

Edited by Cwell

um the same vet that thought it wasn't right until he put popcorn into the rooks cars? The oldest guy on the team acted the most immature,funny how he was the guy at Josh Smiths birthday party with the grill in his mouth like he was 20. and like another guy said, we wouldn't have made the playoffs if he stayed here,meaning we'd still have AJ and Lue at PG and no Bibby.and another thing,all the things he says about Woody doesn't come true on the court so I don't care what he says.

This is rather odd to say. He made the rookies go through a little hazing (which goes on in every sport on every team) and did some funny things to keep the team in a fun mindset. Then after we let him go a second time, he had nothing but nice things to say about the team. Not sure why this bashing is in order.

Lighten up, Francis.