• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Webber gives us props on NBATV!

hawkman

• Premium Member

Chris Webber mentions us as one of his favorite teams in the Eastern Conference and believes that we would beat the Celtics in a Playoff Series this season because of our athleticism. I have no doubt that the the praise is due in part to Bibby being a former teammate of his. But still, that is high praise. Gary Payton actually agreed with him! I guess we'll get a little more insight into this topic next month when we play the Celts again with a healthy Josh Smith.

I heard him on colin cowherd's show yesterday at lunch. He was talking about the hardest shooting workout in the league belongs to Mike Bibby. He said he would have to train hard during the year just so he could try and keep up with Bibby's shooting workout. He said there was nothing in the league that compared to it. I knever thought of Bibby as a workout warrior.

• Premium Member

We have the talent to play with any team in this league. We've shown that time and time again. So, on that front I have no doubts that we could beat any team in the Eastern Conference. What we do not have, however, is consistency. Some nights we look like world beaters, others we look like utter crap - on both ends of the floor.

Between Woodson and the players, they have got to figure out how to maintain their focus, energy, and consistency on both ends of the floor. Personally, I believe it starts with Mike Woodson and Joe Johnson. Specifically, yep, we have got to stop depending so much on Joe opening the game for others. Secondly, we absolutely HAVE to establish something in the paint. I don't care if this team is capable of doing it or not - we ain't winning sh#t without being able to get the high percentage shots in the paint. Doesn't matter if it's post up, face up, or drives. We have to get better about scoring close to the basket.

Jumpshots ain't gonna get it and when they stop falling, the long rebounds kill us.

Edited by Wretch

Chris Webber mentions us as one of his favorite teams in the Eastern Conference and believes that we would beat the Celtics in a Playoff Series this season because of our athleticism. I have no doubt that the the praise is due in part to Bibby being a former teammate of his. But still, that is high praise. Gary Payton actually agreed with him! I guess we'll get a little more insight into this topic next month when we play the Celts again with a healthy Josh Smith.

I LOVE NBA Game Time Live with C Webb, GP and Ahmad Rashad. Those guys are HILARIOUS. I have watched them 5 times now and I think they are every bit as entertaining as Charles, Kenny and Ernie - maybe even funnier. I was CRACKING UP last night when they were talking to Richard Jefferson about how boring the city of Milwaukee is. RJ was very diplomatic and GP praised their fans but it was pretty obvious that the players consider Milwaukee to be one of the least entertaining NBA cities.

I also find it interesting that they talk so openly about LeBron bolting for NY in 2010 on an NBA-sponsored show. Listening to those guys, it almost seems like it is a done deal (and it may be). They had Spike Lee on talking about it and one thing I found VERY interersting is that Spike said that LeBron told him that he would not go to ANY team, including NY, if he didn't think that team had a chance to win. Spike said that the Knicks would have to bring in some other talent to get LeBron and he named Amare Stoudemire and JOE JOHNSON as examples of players the Knicks could go after to entice LeBron to come. JJ is getting respect around the league from not only the players coaches and GMs (he has had that for a while), now he is getting it from fans outside the ATL as well. The Hawks had better launch a preemptive strike and sign the dude to an extension before it is too late.

Spike said that the Knicks would have to bring in some other talent to get LeBron and he named Amare Stoudemire and JOE JOHNSON as examples of players the Knicks could go after to entice LeBron to come. JJ is getting respect around the league from not only the players coaches and GMs (he has had that for a while), now he is getting it from fans outside the ATL as well. The Hawks had better launch a preemptive strike and sign the dude to an extension before it is too late.

Also, a story that goes under the radar, is that suprisingly JJ is in a "clique" with Lebron, Wade, Melo, Paul and Deron. Apparently those dudes were all real tight during the Team USA stuff. They even have a name for their clique, but I forget it. So yeah, Joe and Lebron are somewhat tight.

Jeez think about Lebron and Joe on the same team... game over for the rest of the NBA.

How far under the cap can we get???? haha jk

Also, a story that goes under the radar, is that suprisingly JJ is in a "clique" with Lebron, Wade, Melo, Paul and Deron. Apparently those dudes were all real tight during the Team USA stuff. They even have a name for their clique, but I forget it. So yeah, Joe and Lebron are somewhat tight.

Jeez think about Lebron and Joe on the same team... game over for the rest of the NBA.

How far under the cap can we get???? haha jk

If we were to get LeBron, it would likely have to come via sign and trade. If he wanted to come here to play with JJ in 2010, I'd send CLE a Smoove, Marvin, unprotected 1st first, first unborn child package and hope they bit. :biggrin: