• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blazers considered trade for Bibby before season started...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Yahoo Sports

The Blazers have been active on several trade fronts, including discussions earlier this season with the Atlanta Hawks that would’ve included a package for point guard Mike Bibby. Those talks died when the Hawks started the season with five straight victories.

Hmmm...that makes me think that they're considering him as a free agent at year's end, too.

Considering how much money the Blazers have, I think there's a good chance they go after either Bibby or Marvin.

• Premium Member

I'm just glad we hung onto Bibby. I know he's not popular around here right now, but the guy has been doing about as well as I expected. He spreads the floor and has given JJ some much needed help. He's not a pure PG, but he's makes some pretty crisp passes and finds the open man in a position to score. He doesn't make a lot of silly turnovers and he doesn't have to dominate the ball to be effective. I think a big reason for our success late last season and early this season is the addition of Mike Bibby.

man Acie starting with Sergio # 2 would be a nice PG duo

What??? I like Acie Law but I just dont think Law and Sergio is better than Bibby and Law. First off Bibby brings a much needed veteran presence and is mentoring Law into becoming an elite PG. Sergio would sit on the bench and attempt to learn from Laws misshapes.

Maybe, in about two years.

Bibby's clearly the better PG.

Maybe....but its still early to tell. Bibby is def. the better overall PG.

Now first off, Im a Bibby fan and want him here as the starting PG for this Hawk's team. But i just read that the Blazers were interested in Bibby earlier this season but talks ended after Hawks won 5 straight games to start the season. I wonder who the Hawks were gonna get back in exchange for Bibby tho

The info on that is in the last paragraph in this is article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-c...o&type=lgns

but anyway, Blazers are close to acquiring Conley from the Grizzlies for Outlaw..other players would be invloved too. Conley and Oden reunite??

• Premium Member

Blazers' GM Pritchard said the Conley trade wasn't happening.

I think the Hawks' interest in LaFrentz was purely financial. His contract is covered mostly via insurance, since he can't play.

Perhaps Claxton would be included in the deal, too?

Bibby/Claxton -for- LaFrentz/Blake/Diogu?

Yahoo Sports

Hmmm...that makes me think that they're considering him as a free agent at year's end, too.

Considering how much money the Blazers have, I think there's a good chance they go after either Bibby or Marvin.

I don't want Bibby to leave. He's such a great veteran PG and after this season we can sign him to about half of what he gets now!