• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'd like to see a front court of Smith/Al/Solo

Plainview1981

With the solid play of Solo while Josh was out I would like to see alot of this front court as long as Bibby/JJ are in the game. I think it gives the team it's best defensive and shot blocking team. I really hope that Woody sticks ZaZa on the bench like he did the last game because you can't keep giving somebody big minutes when they're shooting 32% from the field. Zaza needs to be stuck on the bench unless other guys are in foul trouble.

• Premium Member
With the solid play of Solo while Josh was out I would like to see alot of this front court as long as Bibby/JJ are in the game. I think it gives the team it's best defensive and shot blocking team.

In woodson's world, you rarely see two Hawk big men on the floor at the same let alone 3. Don't hold your breathe.

I like that line up at the end of games. That line up would eliminate second chance opportunites for opponents and reckon be a pretty good offensive rebounding frontcourt.

This team is at it's best when they are passing around the horn.

How much is Solo tilting these days 240,250?

If he can push 260 I like him as our future back up Center. I think his mid range shot rival Al's.

• Admin
With the solid play of Solo while Josh was out I would like to see alot of this front court as long as Bibby/JJ are in the game. I think it gives the team it's best defensive and shot blocking team. I really hope that Woody sticks ZaZa on the bench like he did the last game because you can't keep giving somebody big minutes when they're shooting 32% from the field. Zaza needs to be stuck on the bench unless other guys are in foul trouble.

His shooting has been bad (I think the shoulder has a lot to do with it) but Zaza has been a real bright spot off the bench for us. His rebounding and toughness has been important.

I have not liked when Woody tried Smith at the SF this season. It was not a good experiment.

Yeah, Zaza is a scrub. 17 rebounds in 24 minutes is completely worthless to a basketball team.

C'mon. The guy's shoulder is CLEARY hurting, it's affecting his ability to do anything offensively, and he's still fighting through the pain to give us a rebounding presence. It got to the point where he had to sit out the last game because of the same injury he's already been doing his best to work through.

I'm very happy with what we've gotten from Pachulia thus far. After Josh gets back into games, I wouldn't mind seeing Zaza being shut down for about a week to try to get right with his shoulder. The truth is, we don't rely on Zaza for scoring and shouldn't really hold that against him when he's performing poorly. But despite that, he's a better offensive player than we've been seeing.

Edited by bronnt

For good reason when our offense would grind to a halt..

JJ is a 22PPG scorer... Josh Smith averaged 17.2PPG last year. Bibby will likely be a 16PPG scorer this year it looks like. It shouldn't stall. It's not like Marvin Williams is an explosive offensive player anyway. His scoring will start going back down now that is Josh is back.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

His shooting has been bad (I think the shoulder has a lot to do with it) but Zaza has been a real bright spot off the bench for us. His rebounding and toughness has been important.

I have not liked when Woody tried Smith at the SF this season. It was not a good experiment.

You guys act like he has had big rebounding games often. He has had TWO double figure rebounding games and has scored double figures ONCE this season. He has recorded a block in only three games this season. He is shooting 28% for the month of November. You can't excuse everything because of injuries. He sucked last year. He averaged a whopping 4 points and 5 rebounds last year.

Toughness? Where? When? ZaZa is creampuff.

Dude wouldn't get off the bench for most any other team because he sucks.

Yeah, Zaza is a scrub. 17 rebounds in 24 minutes is completely worthless to a basketball team.

C'mon. The guy's shoulder is CLEARY hurting, it's affecting his ability to do anything offensively, and he's still fighting through the pain to give us a rebounding presence. It got to the point where he had to sit out the last game because of the same injury he's already been doing his best to work through.

I'm very happy with what we've gotten from Pachulia thus far. After Josh gets back into games, I wouldn't mind seeing Zaza being shut down for about a week to try to get right with his shoulder. The truth is, we don't rely on Zaza for scoring and shouldn't really hold that against him when he's performing poorly. But despite that, he's a better offensive player than we've been seeing.

Yeah, his whopping TWO double figure rebounding games are just so d@mn impressive. Nevermind that he is a near skill less (by NBA standards) player. You don't play guys that shoot 30% from the field. I don't want to hear the garbage about a hurt shoulder. Tired of hearing this excuse with basically everybody on the team that doesn't play well. His two best years came on 25-30 win teams. Alot of players look good when the team doesn't really have any goals.

The more that is expected out the Hawks, the worse ZaZa looks out there. He is slow, nonathletic, can't defend, can't shoot, can't postup, can't block shots, can't hit FT's. Dude has 3 steals in 14 games. Which is not impressive. Even for a center.

I don't see all this toughness when players are getting layups and dunks on the Hawks at will. I don't see him in there blocking the shots or defending.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

JJ is a 22PPG scorer... Josh Smith averaged 17.2PPG last year. Bibby will likely be a 16PPG scorer this year it looks like. It shouldn't stall. It's not like Marvin Williams is an explosive offensive player anyway. His scoring will start going back down now that is Josh is back.

Its about court balance. Smith is a horrible shooter esp for a SF. What Smith does bring is better suited for PF.

Marvin is an excellent shooter, good passer, and plays very good man defense. I don't see why you would put Solo in for a guy that can hit the big 3 when needed. Make the right pass, and is the best FT shooter on the team.

Yeah, his whopping TWO double figure rebounding games are just so d@mn impressive. Nevermind that he is a near skill less (by NBA standards) player. You don't play guys that shoot 30% from the field. I don't want to hear the garbage about a hurt shoulder. Tired of hearing this excuse with basically everybody on the team that doesn't play well. His two best years came on 25-30 win teams. Alot of players look good when the team doesn't really have any goals.

The more that is expected out the Hawks, the worse ZaZa looks out there. He is slow, nonathletic, can't defend, can't shoot, can't postup, can't block shots, can't hit FT's. Dude has 3 steals in 14 games. Which is not impressive. Even for a center.

I don't see all this toughness when players are getting layups and dunks on the Hawks at will. I don't see him in there blocking the shots or defending.

I know that won't be a popular opinion for some, but you are right on about Zaza. I can't stand to watch him get shots stuffed right back in his face and look so overmatched out there. The big rebounding game was maybe his only productive game of the season and it wasn't like he was dominating to get those boards. He chased down a couple of loose balls but otherwise, they were mostly uncontested rebounds.

Its about court balance. Smith is a horrible shooter esp for a SF. What Smith does bring is better suited for PF.

Marvin is an excellent shooter, good passer, and plays very good man defense. I don't see why you would put Solo in for a guy that can hit the big 3 when needed. Make the right pass, and is the best FT shooter on the team.

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE. The Hawks have crappy one on one defensive players (Marvin ain't all that as a defensive player. Probably the best or 2nd best one on one defender on the team, but that ain't saying much) so shot blocking and getting steals is what they'll have to count on for defense.

I don't mean to start the lineup I suggested. I'm saying I'd like to see that lineup get alot of minutes.

• Admin
You guys act like he has had big rebounding games often. He has had TWO double figure rebounding games and has scored double figures ONCE this season. He has recorded a block in only three games this season. He is shooting 28% for the month of November. You can't excuse everything because of injuries. He sucked last year. He averaged a whopping 4 points and 5 rebounds last year.

Toughness? Where? When? ZaZa is creampuff.

Dude wouldn't get off the bench for most any other team because he sucks.

He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA.

Alright although Solo has been pretty impressive he's not good enough to have Marvin taken out of the starting lineup... Solo is still not strong enough to bang around with other PFs and if you want to put him as SF that's a horrible decision! Him in front of Zaza would be a good upgrade though.