• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody should start Acie at the point

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Makes so much sense that I know it'll never happen. This would really help Acie grow into his role. Seeing how Bibby plays like a 2 (he only shoots jumpers) wouldn't it make sense to bring him in for Joe at the 2 and let him play with Joe at the point from the late 3rd to middle of the 4th?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes so much sense that I know it'll never happen. This would really help Acie grow into his role. Seeing how Bibby plays like a 2 (he only shoots jumpers) wouldn't it make sense to bring him in for Joe and let him play with Joe at the point in the late 3rd to middle 4th periods?

WTF?? i dont see how this makes any sense. Bibby is clearly our best PG..he has more experience than Acie and is proven. idk how u can think Law is a starter in this league when he hardly plays. when he does play, he looks fine out there which is why I think Acie should see more playing time yes, but for him to start, no.

And Bibby does not play like a 2 just because he shoots a lot of jumpers. so what about Calderon and Billups, do that play like 2 guards too?? sure they average more assist but Bibby assist went down since JSmooth went down. Bibby had 10 assist last night and with JSmooth back, i think he will continue to rack up assist because he throws a lot of lobs to him. Bibby as a 2 guard..are u serious man?? Bibby could hardly guard most PGs..how would he put up with Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, Vince, ect?? that would be a dumb coaching move by anyone..i guess thats why you are a poster and Woody is a coach lol no offense.

If u think it will be a little bit fair for Bibby to come off the bench to Acie Law, then you're not thinking much. we are winning games and Bibby is playing well, why make changes?? If it aint broke, then dont fix it..ever heard that before?? lol

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

• Premium Member
WTF?? i dont see how this makes any sense. Bibby is clearly our best PG..he has more experience than Acie and is proven. idk how u can think Law is a starter in this league when he hardly plays. when he does play, he looks fine out there which is why I think Acie should see more playing time yes, but for him to start, no.

And Bibby does not play like a 2 just because he shoots a lot of jumpers. so what about Calderon and Billups, do that play like 2 guards too?? sure they average more assist but Bibby assist went down since JSmooth went down. Bibby had 10 assist last night and with JSmooth back, i think he will continue to rack up assist because he throws a lot of lobs to him.

If u think it will be a little bit fair for Bibby to come off the bench to Acie Law, then you're not thinking much. we are winning games and Bibby is playing well, why make changes?? If it aint broke, then dont fix it..ever heard that before?? lol

what happens next year? It's not about today for me. Knowing that Bibby will not sign here, I see no need to give him all the playing time at the point. Acie is the future and I want the future to start now.

Bibby is fools gold man. At some point Woody has to hand this thing over to Acie. You really want Flip Murray running this team?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

With the Hawks winning and Bibby shooting so well bibby is going to be the starter. There isn't anything to debate. At some point you have to start thinking about winning right now.

I can see Acie taking some minutes from Flip though.

exactly. i can see that also..Acie can play the point bette than Flip can too so i wouldnt be surprised

Bibby is playing too well right now to sit for Acie.

However, I don't think his body will keep up, because he always breaks down and plays through injury at a lower lever. Bibby also got tremendous chemistry with JJ.

I think, Acie will have better chemistry with all the other players though. He will penetrate and make everyone else better, if/when JJ&Woody allow him the freedom. Needs to learn the game first. If Bibby takes a couple of games off for any reason, watch Acie soar.

There is no reason to give Flip the backup PG minutes at this time. Absolutely no reason.

Bibby is playing too well right now to sit for Acie.

However, I don't think his body will keep up, because he always breaks down and plays through injury at a lower lever. Bibby also got tremendous chemistry with JJ.

I think, Acie will have better chemistry with all the other players though. He will penetrate and make everyone else better, if/when JJ&Woody allow him the freedom. Needs to learn the game first. If Bibby takes a couple of games off for any reason, watch Acie soar.

There is no reason to give Flip the backup PG minutes at this time. Absolutely no reason.

agree. hopefully Bibby can stay healthy tho and even still..he should still start if he gets injured, just cut his minutes down and give Acie those minutes..u dont have to bench Bibby

Makes so much sense that I know it'll never happen. This would really help Acie grow into his role. Seeing how Bibby plays like a 2 (he only shoots jumpers) wouldn't it make sense to bring him in for Joe at the 2 and let him play with Joe at the point from the late 3rd to middle of the 4th?

This has to be the craziest thing I have ever read.

• Premium Member
This has to be the craziest thing I have ever read.

I think you're missing the point or just giving a response out of emotion. Four Questions?

Will Bibby resign with the Hawks?

Do you see the hawks trading or paying for a veteran PG?

Have you seen enough from Acie to suggest that he deserves a shot?

Are the hawks good enough as is to win it all?

I'm not saying bench Bibby due to a lack of production. I'm mearly saying that Woody should prepare this team for the future. Yes that may mean more losses this year, but take it and enjoy all the good to come in the future.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I think you're missing the point or just giving a response out of emotion. Four Questions?

Will Bibby resign with the Hawks?

Do you see the hawks trading or paying for a veteran PG?

Have you seen enough from Acie to suggest that he deserves a shot?

Are the hawks good enough as is to win it all?

I'm not saying bench Bibby due to a lack of production. I'm mearly saying that Woody should prepare this team for the future. Yes that may mean more losses this year, but take it and enjoy all the good to come in future.

No I see the point you are making I just don't agree with it. I think we are sitting at 11-6 right now and Smoove hasn't played very much at all. I don't want to see some big change like you are suggesting unless there is another key injury. For the last 6+ years we have been in build for next year mode. I am worried with right now. I want us to win and advance in the playoffs. That would be a huge step for this franchise. Will Bibby sign back? I have no idea. Is Acie ready? Probably not but those are questions that I want answered in the offseason. Like I said in another thread if we are firmly planted in the playoffs at the trade dead line then I don't want to see any major moves with our starters. I am all for adding another big but I just don't want to mess this up. I think we let Sund earn his money in the offseason worrying about next year.

• Premium Member
acie isn't that good sorry don't know what basketball u idiots have been watching the past year and a half. He isn't the future. Sorry but some of you need to realize this.

note: this coming from a guy with "bibby" in his username

• Premium Member
note: this coming from a guy with "bibby" in his username

Bibby is fool's gold? Really? Dude, the guy has played at this level since he came in the league. Acie is cool but we have to be realistic here. Bibby is playing great basketball right now and only a complete idiot would start Acie over him. BTW, what the heck has Acie accomplished to suggest that HE isn't fool's gold? He's been inconsistent at best, with some of his best games coming when the game was already decided. That all can change, but for right now this thread just seems ill-timed.

Edited by hawkman

A move like this would destroy this team in my opinion and that has not even been discussed. If Woody went to the team and said he was going to do this Bibby would not be happy and I doubt any of the other team members would be either. We already know Joe likes being on the court with Bibby. I like Law and I don't have a problem with him getting more minutes but not in the place of Bibby right now.

• Premium Member
Bibby is fool's gold? Really? Dude, the guy has played at this level since he came in the league. Acie is cool but we have to be realistic here. Bibby is playing great basketball right now and only a complete idiot would start Acie over him. BTW, what the heck has Acie accomplished to suggest that HE isn't fool's gold? He's been inconsistent at best, with some of his best games coming when the game was already decided. That all can change, but for right now this thread just seems ill-timed.

how far will you make it with a "PG" that refuses to drive the ball. Sure he knocks down threes. That's cute when there dropping but what happens when the shot no longer falls. Will he take it to the hole? Give me a PG that drives and get his teammates easy shots anyday. OK...Acie may not be that now but giving him more playing time will only make him better.

I forget to mention that Bibby is a horrible defender.

So yes...Bibby=fools gold. He'll get you to the playoffs but he damn sure will not do much once he gets there. Don't belive me...check his stats from last years playoff run.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

how far will you make it with a "PG" that refuses to drive the ball. Sure he knocks down threes. That's cute when there dropping but what happens when the shot no longer falls. Will he take it to the hole? Give me a PG that drive and get his teammates easy shots anyday. OK...Acie may not be that now but giving him more playing time will only make him better.

I forget to mention that Bibby is a horrible defender.

So yes...Bibby=fools gold. He'll get you to the playoffs but he damn sure will not do much once he gets there.

So you are saying we are a better team without Bibby? Would we have made the playoffs last year had we not gotten him? You just aren't making much sense. Bibby has his faults but he is the best pg we have had sense Mookie and that is not stretching it.

• Premium Member
So you are saying we are a better team without Bibby? Would we have made the playoffs last year had we not gotten him? You just aren't making much sense. Bibby has his faults but he is the best pg we have had sense Mookie and that is not stretching it.

Right now Bibby is the best PG on this team. But I don't care about right now. I'm looking foward to the years to come. It's Acie's time to shine. By default he's a better defender and he's never been shy about driving the ball. Plus the Hawks have one of the best PGs in NBA history on the coaching staff to school him. I have little respect for Bibby's game. Yeah the 3's are cute but....

Edited by NineOhTheRino