• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody should start Acie at the point

NineOhTheRino

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're missing the point or just giving a response out of emotion. Four Questions?

Will Bibby resign with the Hawks?

Do you see the hawks trading or paying for a veteran PG?

Have you seen enough from Acie to suggest that he deserves a shot?

Are the hawks good enough as is to win it all?

I'm not saying bench Bibby due to a lack of production. I'm mearly saying that Woody should prepare this team for the future. Yes that may mean more losses this year, but take it and enjoy all the good to come in the future.

Bibby may very well resign with the Hawks. Portland is the only team who will have significant cap room next year who I see as a significant threat to steal Bibby away and if they go after him, they will likely have to let Blake, Frye AND Webster go. In addition, they may not want to commit to Bibby long term as they have both Roy and Aldridge coming up for big deals in the next few years. Besides, if they are willing to let all those guys go for Bibby, we might be able to work out a sign and trade deal of some sort. Frye and Webster would be great off the bench and Blake would be a decent starter or excellent BU at PG.

As for Acie, no, I haven't seen NEARLY enough from him to suggest that he deserves a shot to START for this team over Bibby. Bibby is playing EXTREMELY well. An argument can be made that the only PG playing better than Bibby in the entire EC is Devin Harris. Bibby's PER is the 7th highest in the NBA at PG (6th highest if you count Jason Terry as a SG). I certainly don't think PER (or any stat for that matter) is everything but it is impressive that he has a better PER than:

Deron Williams

Baron Davis

Andre Miller

Jose Calderon

Jason Kidd

Rajon Rondo

Derrick Rose

Mo Williams

etc

The only PGs with better PERs are:

Paul

Harris

Parker

Billups

Nash

(and JT if you count him as a PG).

Bibby is only playing about 33 mpg so it is not like he is playing huge minutes. Acie doesn't need to worry about Bibby, he needs to worry about playing better than Flip. Bibby is twice the player he is right now.

• Premium Member
Bibby may very well resign with the Hawks. Portland is the only team who will have significant cap room next year who I see as a significant threat to steal Bibby away and if they go after him, they will likely have to let Blake, Frye AND Webster go. In addition, they may not want to commit to Bibby long term as they have both Roy and Aldridge coming up for big deals in the next few years. Besides, if they are willing to let all those guys go for Bibby, we might be able to work out a sign and trade deal of some sort. Frye and Webster would be great off the bench and Blake would be a decent starter or excellent BU at PG.

As for Acie, no, I haven't seen NEARLY enough from him to suggest that he deserves a shot to START for this team over Bibby. Bibby is playing EXTREMELY well. An argument can be made that the only PG playing better than Bibby in the entire EC is Devin Harris. Bibby's PER is the 7th highest in the NBA at PG (6th highest if you count Jason Terry as a SG). I certainly don't think PER (or any stat for that matter) is everything but it is impressive that he has a better PER than:

Deron Williams

Baron Davis

Andre Miller

Jose Calderon

Jason Kidd

Rajon Rondo

Derrick Rose

Mo Williams

etc

The only PGs with better PERs are:

Paul

Harris

Parker

Billups

Nash

(and JT if you count him as a PG).

Bibby is only playing about 33 mpg so it is not like he is playing huge minutes. Acie doesn't need to worry about Bibby, he needs to worry about playing better than Flip. Bibby is twice the player he is right now.

Nice breakdown. Acie will get his chance, but changing the lineup right now is just plain insane. I'm not a Flip hater, in fact I like the guy's gritty game, but he's no PG. Allow Acie to get that time as backup PG while Flip gives JJ a rest or gets time when we go small. But getting back to this bench Bibby nonsense, the guy looks like a fixture here and I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs with us next season. If he can keep producing at this pace and can avoid serious injuries, I'm all for him staying on.

All I want is Law to average at least 20 minutes a game this year.

exactly. he's only gotten over 20 minutes ONCE this season.he has to be lucky to ge 10 minutes during the game. While Flip played under 17 minutes only like once,Woody puts him out there in crucnh time even when he's hurt the team all game.