• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody should start Acie at the point

NineOhTheRino

Right now Bibby is the best PG on this team. But I don't care about right now. I'm looking foward to the years to come. It's Acie's time to shine. By default he's a better defender and he's never been shy about driving the ball. Plus the Hawks have one of the best PGs in NBA history on the coaching staff to school him. I have little respect for Bibby's game. Yeah the 3's are cute but....

So you are saying we should forget what has gotten us to 11-6 and focus on the future? Sorry man but at some point you have to say it is time to win now. I don't know if we are a championship contender but we are closer to that with Bibby than with Acie. The thing is I like Acie a lot. He is just going to have to develop in the role he has. If he wants to expand his role then he is going to have to produce when he gets opportunities.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now Bibby is the best PG on this team. But I don't care about right now. I'm looking foward to the years to come. It's Acie's time to shine. By default he's a better defender and he's never been shy about driving the ball. Plus the Hawks have one of the best PGs in NBA history on the coaching staff to school him. I have little respect for Bibby's game. Yeah the 3's are cute but....

You must not have been following the Hawks very long but we've been "playing for the future" for the past 10 years. I'm sick of it. This is the best start we've had since 97 and you now want to start an unproven PG over Bibby who's been playing at an extremely high level this season? Kill that noise man..

• Premium Member
You must not have been following the Hawks very long but we've been "playing for the future" for the past 10 years. I'm sick of it. This is the best start we've had since 97 and you now want to start an unproven PG over Bibby who's been playing at an extremely high level this season? Kill that noise man..

I see your point. But man I would really hate to win this year only to take a step or two back next year. You think these fans gonna give Woody a chance in hell next season if the Hawks were to lose Bibby in the offseaon? But like many have already said, we can play this season out and let whatever happens happen.

I see your point. But man I would really hate to win this year only to take a step or two back next year. You think these fans gonna give Woody a chance in hell next season if the Hawks were to lose Bibby in the offseaon? But like many have already said, we can play this season out and let whatever happens happen.

Good organisations win and develop at the same time. That is what we are trying to get too. We have to hope that Sund gets the job done. Maybe a good playoff run and Bibby will want to stick around. If not maybe we can sign and trade. I have to admit our ownership scares me. That is why I say if we have a chance to win then we have to do it now. Thats my opinion anyway.

• Premium Member

Now is OUR time. No more waiting for a guy to develop. We have the players to compete RIGHT NOW. Bibby has been great for us NOW. Acie will be nice for the future but Bibby gives us the best chance to win right now. I don't know any other ways to say this. Woody would be run out of town on a rail if he made this move. Bibby is the best PG we've had in a decade and you move him to the bench for Acie? You and maybe one or two other posters on this board may be the only people on board with an idea like that. BTW, I remember you posting last night on the Chat that "Bibby sucks" while he was on his way to 20pts and 10assts. Dude, I don't know if you hate Bibby or just love Acie that much but you gotta face reality here.

:brick wall:

• Premium Member
Now is OUR time. No more waiting for a guy to develop. We have the players to compete RIGHT NOW. Bibby has been great for us NOW. Acie will be nice for the future but Bibby gives us the best chance to win right now. I don't know any other ways to say this. Woody would be run out of town on a rail if he made this move. Bibby is the best PG we've had in a decade and you move him to the bench for Acie? You and maybe one or two other posters on this board may be the only people on board with an idea like that. BTW, I remember you posting last night on the Chat that "Bibby sucks" while he was on his way to 20pts and 10assts. Dude, I don't know if you hate Bibby or just love Acie that much but you gotta face reality here.

:brick wall:

the "Bibby sucks" thing was a joke. Bibby is OK. I only wish he was a better defender and focused more on his inside game.

the "Bibby sucks" thing was a joke. Bibby is OK. I only wish he was a better defender and focused more on his inside game.

Bibby isnt going to be a good defender. you can't get blood from a turnip.

But there is no reason why he can't push the ball upcourt (RUNNING) more often instead of skipping up the court.

Or even worse, what if we start Acie and Acie never becomes a good PG? Then, we've sacrificed wins in order to try and do something in the future.

If we were a terrible team, I'd agree completely. But, when you're winning you play who gives you the best chance to win. You don't see other winning teams sitting their expiring players either.

Regardless, Acie will get his chance to prove himself. Hopefully he does. But, you don't sit the much better player when you're sitting at 4th in the East and our team has missed Smith for 12 games.

But what's your proof that Acie will be better if we play him more... you can't just post something about a player with nothing to back it up.

lol who is this PG on the Hawks coaching staff u ae talking about??

• Premium Member
lol who is this PG on the Hawks coaching staff u ae talking about??

Mark Price. Hawks did hire him in the off season?

Mark Price. Hawks did hire him in the off season?

so Mark Price is one of the best PGs in NBA History now?? i mean he was good but among the elite..i dont think so. His career stats are similar to Bibbys by the way lol anyway, Acie should get more PT but Bibby should start and see most of the minutes at the PG spot regardless of what the future of the Hawks may hold. Acie probably cant start on any NBA teams right now in this league..sorry

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

Makes so much sense that I know it'll never happen. This would really help Acie grow into his role. Seeing how Bibby plays like a 2 (he only shoots jumpers) wouldn't it make sense to bring him in for Joe at the 2 and let him play with Joe at the point from the late 3rd to middle of the 4th?

man that makes zero sense, at all. so you're saying you would rather have a point that stands in the corner most of the time rather than one who can and actually DOES create his own shot AND drive? now, Acie has shown some flashes but to make a move this drastic would be crazy

• Premium Member
I think you're missing the point or just giving a response out of emotion. Four Questions?

Will Bibby resign with the Hawks?

Do you see the hawks trading or paying for a veteran PG?

Have you seen enough from Acie to suggest that he deserves a shot?

Are the hawks good enough as is to win it all?

I'm not saying bench Bibby due to a lack of production. I'm mearly saying that Woody should prepare this team for the future. Yes that may mean more losses this year, but take it and enjoy all the good to come in the future.

Word