• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I still think this team is missing a few pieces

ncthompson11

maybe we can make a move at the deadline or this off season, but flip and mo are not the answers IMO for being shooters. I like mo and the defense and toughness he brings, but he is too streaky and at times thinks he is a scorer like flip instead of a shooter. I know marvin has done a nice job developing an outside shot but I would like to see us drop flip and add a younger 2 or 3 that is a spot up shooter. I think Matt Carroll would be a nice addition and it seems like Larry Brown wants to start over with the bobcats. Also I know he hasnt dont much in the NBA and I may be biased as I like duke basketball, but JJ Redick wouldnt be a bad add on. Theres other guys out there like Steve Novak, and possibly even Wally from cleveland that we could make a deal for. I just want a guy that shows consistency and can get hot every once in a while. Im sick and tired of the random games by flip and mo that have them going 1-10 or 0-7. I know they have won us some games and will probably win us some more but going into the future I hope they are here short lived.

maybe we can make a move at the deadline or this off season, but flip and mo are not the answers IMO for being shooters. I like mo and the defense and toughness he brings, but he is too streaky and at times thinks he is a scorer like flip instead of a shooter. I know marvin has done a nice job developing an outside shot but I would like to see us drop flip and add a younger 2 or 3 that is a spot up shooter. I think Matt Carroll would be a nice addition and it seems like Larry Brown wants to start over with the bobcats. Also I know he hasnt dont much in the NBA and I may be biased as I like duke basketball, but JJ Redick wouldnt be a bad add on. Theres other guys out there like Steve Novak, and possibly even Wally from cleveland that we could make a deal for. I just want a guy that shows consistency and can get hot every once in a while. Im sick and tired of the random games by flip and mo that have them going 1-10 or 0-7. I know they have won us some games and will probably win us some more but going into the future I hope they are here short lived.

I like Mo a lot more than Flip. And please, no Wally or Reddick.

I think Wally's contract is gonna get in the way of a trade, we'd probably have to get rid of bibbz to do that trade, but its a no no for redick. Plus I like calling Joe Johnson... JJ...having an actual JJ on the team will make that confusing.

• Premium Member
Why not? these guys can shoot the ball and shouldnt be hard to trade for either. Id rather have either of them as they are unselfish and play within the team concept unlike flip

There is more to basketball than shooting! And neither of the 2 you metioned are consistent at that either

The team doesn't need any more shooters, it needs a low-post scorer or a slasher.

Option #1 should be low post scoring.

Add a guy that can get points in the paint and the shooters we already have will get that much better.

Option #2

Slasher option. I actually think we have these guys on the roster already: Marvin, Smith and Acie. Together those guys should be taking the ball to the hole with authority, yet they don't. I put that problem squarely on Woodson for not getting these guys to develop that part of their games to the level they should be at now.

• Moderators
Hasn't Redick gotten close to 30 minutes several times recently and done absolutely nothing with them?

Duke hater!

You call averaging over 30 mpg over 3 straight games and averaging 5 ppg over that period doing nothing? JJ's calling card is his fantastic defense, not his shooting!

Oh, wait a second...

• Moderators
There is more to basketball than shooting! And neither of the 2 you metioned are consistent at that either

Reddick 2008-09 - 35.7% FG%, 30% 3pt%

Evans 2008-09 - 42.7% FG%, 39.5% 3pt%

Flip 2008-09 - 39.1% FG%, 32.2% 3pt%

I think Flip and Mo are excellent bench players as long as used correctly. Same goes for Zaza, Acie, and Solo. Woody just doesn't seem to be able to use the bench, even in blowouts. So in effect, we'd have to get a vet player good enough for Woody to use him to make a difference and that would be harder. I don't think that player should be a shooter unless we have an extended injury to Bibby. We need another big.

I like having Flip. If Joe went down for a few games, Flip would step in and take his shots. We'd suck half the time but that's to be expected without Joe. Mo is very consistent to me, especially given how few shots he gets per game. Just two bad shooting games in a row vs all the rest is no big deal. Also, please do not ask him to guard Lebron again. Or for that matter, anyone much bigger than him, he's just not that strong.