• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Choked

gsuteke

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's "Quarter".....sorry, but I've seen you type that word wrong a dozen times over that past few days.

oops..thanks for the correction. i didnt even notice it..lol

blame the first QUARTER..LOL

I don't like kicking our player when they're down but this one is obvious.

Joe looked uncomfortable at the FT line.

And he missed.

That was a hard fought game, I hate to see it end that way. Hopefully the Hawks won't let this loss linger.

Isn't Golden State up next? Joe may go for 40 in that game the way they play defense but he gets paid to hit those two free throws.

Agreed. He could go for 50 against the irrelevant Golden State Warriors and it wouldn't matter. Boston is that One team...... I don't know how to explain it. It feels like it's worth more than 1 win to beat them with all the trash talkers they have.

Agreed. He could go for 50 against the irrelevant Golden State Warriors and it wouldn't matter. Boston is that One team......

You know, if Joe scored 50 tonite you would be saying how Celtics defense is terrible right? Please don't say you wouldn't cause that's how you are, so i don't think anyone cares what you think.

oh please.. it happens to everyone... We will be fine... this lost sucks but .. I can live with it..

Agreed - I was somewhat surprised that JJ made the first one - it was a max-effort game and it's hard to calm down at the line. The second one was dead on line just an inch or so long and caught the back of the rim. That's not to say he shouldn''t have made it - but I wouldn't call it a real choke (PP is a piece of garbage...rrrrr)

Also - I think Woody should have had Bibby shooting an early three on that posession. Inbound to JJ - JJ drives quickly - over to Bib with a shot with about 5 seconds left - then if it's a miss we could have fouled and gotten the ball back with a few seconds left. If Bibby misses and they just hit one FT (which they did) we have time to get a real shot at sending it into OT.

Another also - who's paying these refs?

P.S. - for Colin...I heard a story the other day about a game with a 7 point spread that went into overtime - the guy betting had thepoints but his team was going down in OT - still his team was only down six as time ran out. For some reason the guy running out the clock threw up a prayer from near 1/2 court as time expired. It went in and the ending margin was 9 and he lost. So be smart and invest your money in the stock market...errr...naw, bury it out back.

Edited by DJlaysitup

6-16

you take the good with the bad

You just have to be willing to recognize the bad

So where have you EVER recognized the good with JJ?

You do realize that the Hawks were playing against the best defense in the league, right? scratch that, I already know the answer.

it is funny how you look at the missed shots he had all game but don't look at the shots (especially foul shots) everyone else missed.

• Premium Member
Agreed - I was somewhat surprised that JJ made the first one - it was a max-effort game and it's hard to calm down at the line. The second one was dead on line just an inch or so long and caught the back of the rim. That's not to say he shouldn''t have made it - but I wouldn't call it a real choke (PP is a piece of garbage...rrrrr)

Also - I think Woody should have had Bibby shooting an early three on that posession. Inbound to JJ - JJ drives quickly - over to Bib with a shot with about 5 seconds left - then if it's a miss we could have fouled and gotten the ball back with a few seconds left. If Bibby misses and they just hit one FT (which they did) we have time to get a real shot at sending it into OT.

Another also - who's paying these refs?

P.S. - for Colin...I heard a story the other day about a game with a 7 point spread that went into overtime - the guy betting had thepoints but his team was going down in OT - still his team was only down six as time ran out. For some reason the guy running out the clock threw up a prayer from near 1/2 court as time expired. It went in and the ending margin was 9 and he lost. So be smart and invest your money in the stock market...errr...naw, bury it out back.

We didn't lose that game in the last 30 seconds. Our game plan once again having Joe dribble 20 sec off the shot clock lost this game. Until we correct this, we won't beat many playoff teams.

it is funny how you look at the missed shots he had all game but don't look at the shots (especially foul shots) everyone else missed.

You're as guilty of unrelentlessy defending JJ as I am to holding him to the fire as a "max" player.

Neither of us are right or wrong.

Sure I just opened up a Pandora's Box for you using the term "max player" so run with it.

I'd just like to see Joe hit those two free throws when the game was on the line. That's all I ask.