• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rondo says it all

Dsinner

With the exception of the back to back loses to NJ I think we have done a very good job of winning games we SHOULD win.

If you think us being able to beat one of the best teams in the East, and almost beating the best team in the NBA twice as being equal to what we've done the rest of the season then lucky you. We will always be a winner in your eyes.

On espn.com Rajon Rando says it all..."If they played every team like they play us they'd be a top 5 team."

Again, we have the talent, we need the coaching. I'm tired of playing up (and down) to teams. That has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.

very true. i agree..we gotta play every game like we played Boston and Cleveland. our record would be much better

On espn.com Rajon Rando says it all..."If they played every team like they play us they'd be a top 5 team."

Again, we have the talent, we need the coaching. I'm tired of playing up (and down) to teams. That has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.

No team can come out and play with as much energy and intensity (as in the Boston game) each and every night night. Not when you have 4 games everty 5 or 6 games.

Its more the physical body then abything else. You CANNOT rely out hustleing your opponent and on out working them in all 82 games. You need that offensive post option to stableize the team when they get fatigued and the jumpers stop falling.

How they rebound tonight will be critical, as Sekou has pointed out. But I think they are still on a steep learning curve. Losing to them may not be that bad because we don't know how good they are. They could be a team that sets records, in which case our close losses should be taken in a different light.

Right now the young Hawks (Smith, Horford, and Marvin) all have to learn how to win. Their first few years in the NBA they lost, and lost a lot. They learned how the NBA works, but now they have to learn how to finish. Until the guys learn how to do this, we are going to see up and down performances both in games and between games.

Woodson, IMO, isn't the guy than can teach a team how to finish. Woodson panics way too much for me to believe that he can be that stablizing force when things go south, like they do in every game. We need a coach that is calm and collected, but can motivate players to do what they need to do.

Yep it's definitely coaching!! I mean I know that unless my boss micromanages me and tries to fire me up every day I never put in a solid effort and I shouldn't be expected to give 100% effort either just as our players shouldn't.

In case anyone is confused I was being 130% sarcastic. The players are every bit (and moreso IMO) accountable for their being able to get up for a game and put in the effort. The coach has things he is responsible for and that he should be blamed or receive credit for but on a game to game basis this is NOT one of them.

Yep it's definitely coaching!! I mean I know that unless my boss micromanages me and tries to fire me up every day I never put in a solid effort and I shouldn't be expected to give 100% effort either just as our players shouldn't.

In case anyone is confused I was being 130% sarcastic. The players are every bit (and moreso IMO) accountable for their being able to get up for a game and put in the effort. The coach has things he is responsible for and that he should be blamed or receive credit for but on a game to game basis this is NOT one of them.

:beathorse:

It is still coaching my man...whenever you leave an underperforming player in the game b/c he's a vet, it's coaching, whenever there is NO offensive flow, it's coaching, whenever you don't get in there a light a fire under the under performers arse, it's coaching

P.S. your boss doesn't get paid to micro manage you...if he only had 5 employees to worry about at a time, he probably would do some micromange....plus it is a coach's job to micromanage....they call the plays, the sets offensively and defensively, control the flow of the game, control the tempo of the game, make the subs, manage the timeouts, manage the players minutes, chastise when it is needed, demote someone when it is needed (bench), develop the players (see Acie and Solo...Solo played like a mad man when Josh was out...haven't heard from him since...I think he was abducted by aliens though, not ATLiens....waiting on him to get released and come back to us)

If you think us being able to beat one of the best teams in the East, and almost beating the best team in the NBA twice as being equal to what we've done the rest of the season then lucky you. We will always be a winner in your eyes.

I dont have the schedule we played in front of me right now but exactly what games were easy wins that we lost? Like I said with the exception of the back to back losses to the nets the rest of our losses were prolly in games where we were the underdog. Two vs Boston, 1 at Clevland, 1 at San An, 1 at Dallas, 1 at Houston, 1 at Toronto and I believe 1 at Indiana. That should make 10. We played alot of road games and were in most of them, even the tough ones. Thats the nba my man, play great at home and try to bat .500 on the road. We arent an elite team like Boston or LA and we havent caught fire like Clevland but we are playing about as well as can be expected and winning games we should win. We even got a couple in N.O and Orlando that were unexpected.