Coach Woodson's future

Swatguy

I believe it is obvious coach Woodson has been on the right track all along. His philosophical mantra of "defense and rebound" as the bedrock of success is evidently proven. When he said they (the roster) was young, they were. When he said we had not enough talent, we didn't. When he said we needed maturity, we did.

Coach Woodson has delivered what was required and promised. He deserves a solid 4 year deal.

A deal should be inked before the season ends and probably by March.

Whatayathink?

I believe it is obvious coach Woodson has been on the right track all along. His philosophical mantra of "defense and rebound" as the bedrock of success is evidently proven. When he said they (the roster) was young, they were. When he said we had not enough talent, we didn't. When he said we needed maturity, we did.

Coach Woodson has delivered what was required and promised. He deserves a solid 4 year deal.

Whatayathink?

Think we are hamstrung until the ownership debacle is resolved. Hopefully that is done by March. If we make a good run in the playoffs we can give him a 3 year deal with a nice little raise.

Whatayathink?

i don't know about 4 years... or even 2 really. I mean, true he has preached defense and rebounding but we really aren't a good defensive or rebounding team. we did nice last night against Denver (who didn't have NeNe or anything even resembling a Center) but giving up 110+ points to Chicago was pathetic and so was our unwillingness to stop switching when it is obviously causing mismatches (the Boston game). we won the chicago game, luckily, and probably WOULD have beat Boston if not for Pierce shooting over bibby everytime they switched. The team also doesn't play as smart or disciplined as I expected them to under what was suppose to be a stern hand of his.

Whatayathink?

When the court battle is over that could and should happen. I stood up for Woodson last season when hardly anyone else would or did.

We can't "count our chickens before they hatch." The Jets were about to give Mangeni a 4 year extension after they beat the undefeated Titans to go 9-3. Then Farve hurt is throwing shoulder and the finished the year 0-4. Now rather then extension "Mangenus" is fired on day #1 of the off season. Was it Mangeni's fault ? Of course not but the coach gets the blame.

• Premium Member

Whatayathink?

It's too early. Woody has a two year deal. Let's wait and see how this season turns out before we start talking extension. I like what we have so far but some parts of it I don't. Other coaches (with Championship experience) may come available... let's just watch it and see.

• Moderators
The only reason to sign him to an extension is if you think he's some kind of great coach that's going to get stolen by some other team. I just can't see anyone trying to snag Woody.

That is my view. This team is fully clicking so far this season. It is fantastic. It also highlights how much Woodson underacheived last year, IMO.