• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope Bibby doesn't hold us hostage next year.

thefloydian

I guess I have never understood the point of having a lottery pick on the bench and going after another free agent instead of using what we have. It saves money in the long run if Acie develops. We could develop Acie, pay Bibby a cheaper salary, resign Marving and then go after a big. Just letting acie sit on the bench is crazy. Id rather move him for a big then just sit on the bench.

You would think that Bibby recognizes that he has a good thing going here and that it can continue . . . . . meaning that he would work with us. But on the other hand he will not have that many more contracts to negotiate. How about we ingage him in talks inthe mean time.

y'all are crazy if u think Bibby is gonna help us out,he doesn't owe us anything. He's in a situation where he wants to be on a championship contender or a team that will pay him the most. Most likely the first one.

The only good thing I see is that I don't think there are tons of teams in the market for a shooting guard in a point guard's body. I think he fits with us very well, but I'm not sure if there are any teams who are just a Bibby away from a title.

The one thing that is really going to work in the Hawks favor is that everyone and their brother are saving cap space for 2010. None of the teams that think they have a chance at a big 2010 FA is going to spend on Bibby this season. Second, how many teams are going to have cap to sign Bibby to a big contract? I don't think that many teams will have cap this summer.

In all, if the Hawks want to sign Bibs he's there for them. The real question is ownership going to be in a place to spend the $s? They aren't spending a dime on the Thrashers.

y'all are crazy if u think Bibby is gonna help us out,he doesn't owe us anything. He's in a situation where he wants to be on a championship contender or a team that will pay him the most. Most likely the first one.

Yup.

I think its the second one though. Which will probably be us anyway.

Yup.

I think its the second one though. Which will probably be us anyway.

somebody is gonna offer him something and we won't jump out there and give him a fair offer from the get go either. I don't want him back and I doubt he will be.

Atlanta has helped Mike Bibby's career just as much as he's helped the Atlanta Hawks. I hope theres an understanding between the two and that both parties realize a deal needs to happen. However, if the seats aren't get filled, I'm going to fully understand why the Atlanta Spirit Group will opt to letting Mike walk or seek a SNT.