• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Once again, Josh Smith delivers

Elijah

As the other guy wrote, this 2nd half was one of the WORST defensive efforts I've EVER seen.

Was our defensive plan to surround the key in the lane so every player on the Nets could have an open 3? I swear, for 8 minutes in a row, I did not see ONE CONTESTED shot in the 3rd quarter.

What the hell did Woodson preach at halftime? Was our gameplan to make the key the line of scrimmage and everyone on our team to have a moshpit there?

Then again, we can't forget our hero, Josh Smith. Seemingly boneheaded plays, one after another, he showed why he's an immature 23 year old who does not fix his mistakes. His horrid free throw shooting, confidence in taking like 21 foot TWO POINTERS, and horrific passing, only helped to do us in.

Question: Where were Bibby and Joe in the 2nd half? Was the plan for them to not shoot or have plays run for them? Did Marvin Williams put a sleeping bag out on the court and sleep in the 2nd half? i don't recall him doing jacksh*t for 90 % of the game.

And then, on the last play, it's obvious time is running out, and Smoove is standing 3 feet back, with his hands down, and not even anticipating or planning on blocking the shot. It f*cking frustrates the hell out of me when I see shot clocks running out and players not even recognizing this on defensive, not trying to contest shots.

And who the hell's idea was it to put Josh on Vince? How about our hero, Mario West? Is he no longer an option to play? 5 seconds were left--of course he should have been in for a 5 second stint.

Where the hell was Acie Law? Don't you think he could've helped out on Devin Harris, rather than exhausted Joe Johnson, who had 5 fouls?

OK, I'm ready for all the haters to come in and tell me I'm a knee-jerk reactor and that I was cheering when we won all those games--I wasn't cheering--I preached the exact same f*cking sh*t I'm saying right now.

Until Josh Smith grows up, Acie Law plays, and our clutch players get the ball in a position to win the game, this team will be a tease that wins home games and loses on the road

Good night

Quit complaining and acting so sophomoric. I'd be embarrassed if I were you right now.

They lost the game... You aren't going to win every game. The Hawks blew it. Woody was terrible. There was ZERO BALL MOVEMENT in the second half.. The Nets were on FIRE from 3... The Hawks couldn't make free throws.

End of story. Bitching about the game will not make Vince's shot go out. I swear some of you people have never played sports and have had to handle ADVERSITY before.

Sheesh.

If you haven't notice, Josh Smith is the best defender on the team. That is the obvious choice to put him on vince. He should've put more pressure on Vince but they were hot from 3 all 2nd half.

I thought the free throws are what did it in for the Hawks. It started with Zaza and continues to Horford and Bibby. I mean 6 or 7 miss free throws in a row? and most of those in the 4th quarter.

Edited by DeerPark

If you haven't notice, Josh Smith is the best defender on the team. That is the obvious choice to put him on vince. He should've put more pressure on Vince but they were hot from 3 all 2nd half.

Josh is the best interior defender, genius. Josh got crossed the hell up by Devin Harris 2 minutes earlier or so. We should've had Mo, Joe, or Mario on Vince.

f***ing bullshit

Josh is not the best man on man defender. Shouldve had Marvin on him instead. How come Smoove didnt go after Smoove when the ball went to half court

How come we ran a zone in the second half, when they were knocking down 3s. I knew that zone was going to kill us

Quit complaining and acting so sophomoric. I'd be embarrassed if I were you right now.

They lost the game... You aren't going to win every game. The Hawks blew it. Woody was terrible. There was ZERO BALL MOVEMENT in the second half.. The Nets were on FIRE from 3... The Hawks couldn't make free throws.

End of story. Bitching about the game will not make Vince's shot go out. I swear some of you people have never played sports and have had to handle ADVERSITY before.

Sheesh.

Yeah, you're right. The fact the Nets had wide open 3's was COMPLETELY UNAVOIDABLE! It's all Nets! They beat us! Nothing we could do about it!

The fact we all camped out in the lane and let them shoot 3's was unavoidable! The fact we put Immature Josh Smith on Vince instead of Mo, Joe, Mario, or Duck was unavoidable!

This loss should not have happened. If this team gave a sh*t more about rebounding or utilizing Bibby, it would not be in this predicament.

And don't even talk about never playing sports or saying I'm embarrassed. I can play sports much better than your @$$ can, and I am more pissed about this effort than a loss against a team that owns us.

:beat:

Joe was 5/16 with 9 TOs and 5 fouls. the ONLY POSITIVE about his game was the assist.

we always crap on smoove when he has a bad night but we zip and silent when joe has a bad night.

82 games in a season. games like this are gonna happen. GET OVER IT.

9 turnovers? Try 9 assists, genius.

Here's a statistic:

Hawks were +20 with ZaZa in

Hawks were -18 with Horford in.

Go Figure.

Joe was 5/16 with 9 TOs and 5 fouls. the ONLY POSITIVE about his game was the assist.

we always crap on smoove when he has a bad night but we zip and silent when joe has a bad night.

82 games in a season. games like this are gonna happen. GET OVER IT.

yeah 82 games he's playing over 40 minutes a night it's gonna happen more in the future.We've been lucking up in almost every game for a while now,that won't last,playing bad basketball and hoping for miracle shots from Joe or Bibby.

my bad i thought tot was turnovers

the bolded does that mean we score 18 points less with horford in or 18 points more with horford in?

18 points LESS.

ZaZa missed FT's, but this guy is invaluable. We cannot stick to our starters the entire game if one of the bench guys is stepping up

As the other guy wrote, this 2nd half was one of the WORST defensive efforts I've EVER seen.

Was our defensive plan to surround the key in the lane so every player on the Nets could have an open 3? I swear, for 8 minutes in a row, I did not see ONE CONTESTED shot in the 3rd quarter.

What the hell did Woodson preach at halftime? Was our gameplan to make the key the line of scrimmage and everyone on our team to have a moshpit there?

Then again, we can't forget our hero, Josh Smith. Seemingly boneheaded plays, one after another, he showed why he's an immature 23 year old who does not fix his mistakes. His horrid free throw shooting, confidence in taking like 21 foot TWO POINTERS, and horrific passing, only helped to do us in.

Question: Where were Bibby and Joe in the 2nd half? Was the plan for them to not shoot or have plays run for them? Did Marvin Williams put a sleeping bag out on the court and sleep in the 2nd half? i don't recall him doing jacksh*t for 90 % of the game.

And then, on the last play, it's obvious time is running out, and Smoove is standing 3 feet back, with his hands down, and not even anticipating or planning on blocking the shot. It f*cking frustrates the hell out of me when I see shot clocks running out and players not even recognizing this on defensive, not trying to contest shots.

And who the hell's idea was it to put Josh on Vince? How about our hero, Mario West? Is he no longer an option to play? 5 seconds were left--of course he should have been in for a 5 second stint.

Where the hell was Acie Law? Don't you think he could've helped out on Devin Harris, rather than exhausted Joe Johnson, who had 5 fouls?

OK, I'm ready for all the haters to come in and tell me I'm a knee-jerk reactor and that I was cheering when we won all those games--I wasn't cheering--I preached the exact same f*cking sh*t I'm saying right now.

Until Josh Smith grows up, Acie Law plays, and our clutch players get the ball in a position to win the game, this team will be a tease that wins home games and loses on the road

Good night

JJ doesn't look so good when he doesn't get left open for 3's.

Good night

You can't expect overpaid players to get it done. Unbelievable. You have THREE players in the starting lineup getting 10+ and they can't even beat a worthless team like New Jersey.

What pisses me off even more is that we cant even complain about anything here even when its clear the team is underperforming.

Its clear Woody needs to abandon this 8 man rotation if we are to do anything significant this year. We cant run our players ragged game after game. If its one thing Mario can do its play D, why is he not on the court on the last play? I guarantee you he hustles after that ball once its tipped.

I gotta give Zaza credit, he was playing well. Make adjustments Woody and keep him in.

Flip provided great energy in the first half, did he break his leg at halftime?

The worst shot in bball is a 2 pointer from right inside the 3 point line. Why is Smith constantly shooting these? A good coach would bench him every time he does it until he stopped.