• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby’s 3-pointer lifts Hawks

DrReality

I don't care if Hotlanta keeps posting here. I would hate to see anyone's free speech impeded. However, I'm a big believer that it goes both ways. You can scream FIRE in a crowded theater, but I'm going to scream BS right back at you. No one should be able to hold anyone else hostage using the umbrella of free speech. I don't want to see him banned, but what's wrong with me calling him a joke or a troll? That's obviously what he's set out to be. Let's see him defend himself with someting other that "I have more posts than you do"...

I call the team out on poor performances, Win or loss. Winning the game doesn't make everything ok man.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I'm relieved to understand you r stance on free speech. However, I guess I just dont understand how you can tell me not to be negative in the same breath that you tell me to ignore someone being negative. It makes me think that you're missing the point. I guess all I can say is that I share your frustration for not being able to ignore certain people. Even as a non-mod, I function without an ignore feature.

Nobody is saying that you can't be negative. Just don't be inulsting towards other posters. You also don't have to put him on ignore, you can do like I did and simply choose not to respond to his post(s) which are nothing but negativity. I'm happy to respond to he (and others) who are negative but back it up with specifics. On the other hand if someone just writes a post like the Hawks suck or something like that why should I waste my time responding to them?

Set out to be?

I'm not easy to please like some. The team has a decent record, but play a poor brand of basketball. That's why last night was not a surprise the more you think about it. They did the same things they always do, but the results when against them instead of for them. I'm going to call the team and players out on their poor performances. Win or loss. That's how it is. Just because they win the game doesn't make all ok.

I have no problem with him posting this, but to say that his motives deserve no scrutiny is just silly.

Set out to be?

I'm not easy to please like some. The team has a decent record, but play a poor brand of basketball. That's why last night was not a surprise the more you think about it. They did the same things they always do, but the results when against them instead of for them. I'm going to call the team and players out on their poor performances. Win or loss. That's how it is. Just because they win the game doesn't make all ok.

Call it a poor brand of basketball or whatever but the only thing that can be proven this year is that it's a winning brand of basketball 67% of the time and only 4 teams in the league play a more successful brand of basketball.

I have no problem with him posting this, but to say that his motives deserve no scrutiny is just silly.

I guess it all comes down to misplaced over-sensitivity. I'll leave it at that. I love this place, and I definitely don't want to get banned, so I'll move on for now. Go Hawks!

I guess it all comes down to misplaced over-sensitivity. I'll leave it at that. I love this place, and I definitely don't want to get banned, so I'll move on for now. Go Hawks!

Trust me we don't want to see you or anyone else banned either.

Call it a poor brand of basketball or whatever but the only thing that can be proven this year is that it's a winning brand of basketball 67% of the time and only 4 teams in the league play a more successful brand of basketball.

Well, it's not as successful when you look at the road record. No matter how many home games you win, you will win nothing if importance when you lose on the road. The added frustration is that you know they will continue to do these things and not correct them.

Well, it's not as successful when you look at the road record. No matter how many home games you win, you will win nothing if importance when you lose on the road. The added frustration is that you know they will continue to do these things and not correct them.

It's pretty common though among young teams. Look how many years it has taken Orlando to learn to win on the road even when they've been excellent at home. We're like Orlando last year or maybe even the year before, but I think we're getting better on the road at a quicker rate than they did.

I'd definitely like to see us win games more convincingly and especially so against the teams that we should beat convincingly but after a decade of losing I'll take wins whatever way I can get them at this point.

It's pretty common though among young teams. Look how many years it has taken Orlando to learn to win on the road even when they've been excellent at home. We're like Orlando last year or maybe even the year before, but I think we're getting better on the road at a quicker rate than they did.

I'd definitely like to see us win games more convincingly and especially so against the teams that we should beat convincingly but after a decade of losing I'll take wins whatever way I can get them at this point.

Maybe so, but I admit that I have little to no patience. Yes, we have all seen losing... But we've also had 50 win teams that don't get anywhere in the playoffs. But what I haven't seen since being a fan of the team is a championship contender. I will not be happy until that type of team takes court. We watch the Lakers contend almost yearly, we watch Boston make trades and put together a championship team in one offseason. When I look at the Hawks, I don't see a team that does what it takes to get to that level.

I think Detroit is getting their act together and will beat the Hawks out for 4th seed. What does that mean? The Hawks are better than the likes of the Bucks, Bulls, Bobcats, Heat, 76ers and other such bottom feeders. When you look over the last 5 years, you can honestly say that's good enough? I think this team is on the path to be what the late 90's teams were.

Hotlanta, in all seriousness, from the mouth of babes, please give us your cure for the Hawk's woes....

A legit coach for one. A decade of losing with a decade of bad coaches. When franchises struggle, it is often going through a period of hiring bad coaches. The Hawks are winning what they win off raw talent for the most part. Woody can't get the guys to play consistent on either end of the floor. The team also has poor fundamentals. And some players need to go. A frontline of Marvin/Josh and Al will win nothing of importance because there is little size, ball handling, or post scoring, They should have found some way to land Gasol last year.

The team will get to 50 wins this year. I believe they will. But will they be able to take the next step? Not with the way things are right now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I was at the game and was very happy with Bibby's winning shot. Yao and that bunch of NBDLers were pretty resilient. Bringing Yao back in at the end might have cost Houston the game. Scola, Wafer, the tiny PG (Brooks?), Landry, etc played their hearts out. Wafer was cramping at the end of the game and still playing too hard to be taken off the court.