• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the deal with Horford

NineOhTheRino

Aren't you the one who goes on about how unemotional he is? And yet you have a picture of JJ - Obviously deflated about his or the teams performance - at his most emotional? Do you see the paradox?

JJ lacks guts. Do you see Duncan, Lebron or Kobe's teams basically getting beat by 50 points? The Heartless play of the team comes from the leader. Real leaders aren't going to allow their team to play like the hawks played tonight. The guy is a failure. The picture is after his missed FT's against Boston I believe. Even unemotional people will every so often realized that they've failed.

:"All-Star Joe Johnson said after his short night. “They just came out form the gate and hit us, and we never hit back. We never stepped up to the challenge. And with the season we’re having, we’ve played pretty well until the last couple of nights … we just have to put this one behind us and move forward.”

Naw. Don't try to figure out why you got your @ss handed to you. Don't try to understand the mistakes you made. Just try to pretend that the game never happened. What a leader. You get better by trying to correct your mistakes... Not try to pretend the game never happened.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
JJ lacks guts. Do you see Duncan, Lebron or Kobe's teams basically getting beat by 50 points? The Heartless play of the team comes from the leader. Real leaders aren't going to allow their team to play like the hawks played tonight. The guy is a failure.

JJ's team beaten by 34 points 121 - 87

Hawks versus Orlando (29-8) Magic

(Note: Boston 29-9)

January 2009 Regular Season Game

Kobe's team beaten by 39 points 131 - 92

Lakers versus Boston

Game 6 of NBA Finals - Elimination Game

Of all proposed trades I'd trade ... Woody of course (I doubt any team would want him though). How's Horford supposed to make an impact on offense if he doesn't get the ball? And if he does it's away from the basket. I recon he has midrange jumper not worse than Boozer but JSmoove stands somewhere around 3 pt line so there's no chance for offensive rebound if he misses.

And JJ wasn't, is not and won't be a team leader. Forcing him for that position is a big mistake.

Edited by tremor

Horford is very consistent, and I love how he has contributed to rebounding, interior defense, and playing his role since day one. Who knows, maybe he does have the potential to improve you never know, he could be just going through the sophomore slump. What could we possibly get back in a trade that would improve our team?

JJ's team beaten by 34 points 121 - 87

Hawks versus Orlando (29-8) Magic

(Note: Boston 29-9)

January 2009 Regular Season Game

Kobe's team beaten by 39 points 131 - 92

Lakers versus Boston

Game 6 of NBA Finals - Elimination Game

That was a 50 point loss last night. Shall we not forget they were blown out Weds.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Horford is very consistent, and I love how he has contributed to rebounding, interior defense, and playing his role since day one. Who knows, maybe he does have the potential to improve you never know, he could be just going through the sophomore slump. What could we possibly get back in a trade that would improve our team?

Agreed walton22...anybody who puts this slump on AH is missing reality. AH is a true "team player" playing center when he is really a PF. He does what he can. Granted he's no Kevin McHale (inside moves-wise) but he earns his money....better than the guys shooting bricks here lately.

....another thing...many are going to respond by saying "if AH is a PF then who do we move where?" Truth is maybe AH should be a backup PF/C - if only BK would have gotten us a real center.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators
That was a 50 point loss last night. Shall we not forget they were blown out Weds.

I understand your argument here, but Kobe got spanked equally badly in a MUCH, MUCH more important game.

LA was losing by 43 in the fourth quarter and the team just got weaker and weaker as the game went on. That is folding.

I understand your argument here, but Kobe got spanked equally badly in a MUCH, MUCH more important game.

LA was losing by 43 in the fourth quarter and the team just got weaker and weaker as the game went on. That is folding.

One thing I can't stand in any walk of life is the "well they did bad too" excuse. I told my boy early-on...you do the best you can and the others don't matter.

Once he was caught for underaged drinking and he said to me "well I didn't drive"....and____ did.

Somebody else doing something worse doesn't diminish your mistake.

Hawks got embarrassed against a division rival - 71-33 in the first half - there is no putting that off on the Lakers.

• Moderators
One thing I can't stand in any walk of life is the "well they did bad too" excuse. I told my boy early-on...you do the best you can and the others don't matter.

Once he was caught for underaged drinking and he said to me "well I didn't drive"....and____ did.

Somebody else doing something worse doesn't diminish your mistake.

Hawks got embarrassed against a division rival - 71-33 in the first half - there is no putting that off on the Lakers.

Look back in the thread. There is no excusing yesterday's performance or trying to put that off on the Lakers.

Hotlanta claimed that Kobe never got blown out like the Hawks did yesterday and that showed that Kobe was therefore much tougher and better than JJ. Without debating JJ v. Kobe, I was pointing out that Kobe actually lost by a larger margin in a much more important game. Hence, his premise that Kobe never had games where his team got blown out like this was factually incorrect.

Look back in the thread. There is no excusing yesterday's performance or trying to put that off on the Lakers.

Hotlanta claimed that Kobe never got blown out like the Hawks did yesterday and that showed that Kobe was therefore much tougher and better than JJ. Without debating JJ v. Kobe, I was pointing out that Kobe actually lost by a larger margin in a much more important game. Hence, his premise that Kobe never had games where his team got blown out like this was factually incorrect.

They lost by 50 points and not 34. The scoreboard can lie.

• Moderators
They lost by 50 points and not 34. The scoreboard can lie.

Call it whatever you want. Kobe and players like him can and do lose by similar margins. That fact doesn't make the Hawks' loss any better but does lend a bit of perspective since you sure don't want to get rid of everyone who is involved in a game like this.

Duncan's Spurs get crushed periodically as well. Doesn't mean they are soft or that Duncan stinks, etc.

5/23/08 - Lose by 30

5/13/08 - Lose by 20

5/3/08 - Winning by 4 at halftime, lose by 18

5/1/08 - Winning by 1 at halftime, lose by 19

4/27/08 - Down by 38 after 3, lose by 29

4/4/08 - Winning by 6 after 1, lose by 26

3/12/08 - Lose by 25

1/26/08 - Down 1 at halftime, lose by 24

Edited by AHF